Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    does anyone (or know someone who) who an economics course through clearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love_Econ)
    BBB offer from Edinburgh- first offer after almost seven weeks! So happy
    What are your predicted grades may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Can you send me a link please for the website as I can't seem to find it, but thanks for letting me know. I would rep you if I could for that but TSR doesn't allow me just yet

Edit: In terms of preparation, I am going to go through all the content in c1-c3, fp1 and s1 as well as some bits in c4 and fp2, and if I have time then d1 (might just skip this and hope they don't ask anything related to d1) and m1 (although this won't take much time as I have nearly done m2 anyways),

Edit2: I found the link, thanks for your help!
    Will take a guess that this post relates to cambridge interviews, in which case I would say scrap wasting any time on c4/fp2/d1, and focus on knowing c1-c3 and s1 inside out.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco94)
    Offer from Edinburgh!
    Congratulations, what was the offer?

And what are your predicted grades may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NesQuiK.)
    Will take a guess that this post relates to cambridge interviews, in which case I would say scrap wasting any time on c4/fp2/d1, and focus on knowing c1-c3 and s1 inside out.
    Ok will do, does this mean that I should also know fp1 inside out too????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    That list was a while back though some other additions. (Looking back, I didn't know how little ambition I had )

I am applying to surrey, Southampton, Exeter, holloway and reading.

My first choice is extremely tough! Southampton and Exeter are the obvious due to the prestige and AAA offers. But Surrey has a niche sandwich year too ! (Exeter has one, but I doubt I'll get an offer from them )

I'm still torn. And I'm not sure whether to put surrey as an insurance or an ABB entry university!

What's your other choices may I ask? Any replies of offers yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    have you considered appying to UCL and lancaster? I'm in a similar situation i don't know whether to put Leicester as my insurance ABB or Keele BBB. I want to put Surrey as my first choice AAB.

I'm applying to Surrey x2 , Queen Mary, Leicester, Keele

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JeromeM)
    Congratulations, what was the offer?

And what are your predicted grades may I ask?
    Thank you! I'm predicted 3A*s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eco94)
    Thank you! I'm predicted 3A*s
    Nice, what was the offer?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from University of Bristol for Economics and Econometrics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynnny8)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TerribleTej)
    Ok will do, does this mean that I should also know fp1 inside out too????
    Don't go based on just my word as it's been a few years since my experience applying for undergrad, but I don't think knowing fp1 inside out is going to be of much use. Tbh, knowing all of these modules inside may well be unnecessary, because in many cases questions require very basic c1/c2/c3 knowledge, but more importantly require you to think outside of the box.

The most important thing of all before these cambridge interviews/tests is to have a clear head to be able to spot the sometimes very simple answer to a rather oddly asked question.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've just applied for that course! What were your AS & predictions if you don't mind saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone's regional heats go for target 2.0?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NesQuiK.)
    Don't go based on just my word as it's been a few years since my experience applying for undergrad, but I don't think knowing fp1 inside out is going to be of much use. Tbh, knowing all of these modules inside may well be unnecessary, because in many cases questions require very basic c1/c2/c3 knowledge, but more importantly require you to think outside of the box.

The most important thing of all before these cambridge interviews/tests is to have a clear head to be able to spot the sometimes very simple answer to a rather oddly asked question.
    Oh ok fair enough, as I am applying for economics, would also knowing the economics content inside out be important or just going through the content be enough? I don't have much time so I can only do one unit thoroughly if I have to go through the content inside out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    How did everyone's regional heats go for target 2.0?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine is tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Warwick and Durham L100 Economics. Waiting for UCL and LSE, gotten Cambridge interview invite.

Exciting but anxious at the same time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ross95)
    I've just applied for that course! What were your AS & predictions if you don't mind saying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My AS were:
    Literature: a
    Math: a
    Biology: a
    Chemistry: a

Predictions:
    Math: A*
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A

ReputationRep:
    My AS were:
    Literature: a
    Math: a
    Biology: a
    Chemistry: a

Predictions:
    Math: A*
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Great I have similar grades! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Mine is tomorrow!
    Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.