Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Yes, I'm talking start of New Who :yep: just helps you get a bit more background and will make things like the 50th anniversary episode make a wee bit more sense etc.
    You have a great point, thanks. I think I will start watching from season 1. It's a lot of episodes and that disturbs a little bit.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    You have a great point, thanks. I think I will start watching from season 1. It's a lot of episodes and that disturbs a little bit.
    Worth it for sure :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Worth it for sure :yep:
    Oh yes- I watched "Eleventh Hour" and I loved it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    Oh yes- I watched "Eleventh Hour" and I loved it.
    If you can tolerate bad effects and varying skills of acting from great to pantomine then classic who is even better.

I recommend anniversary stories like two/three/five Doctors and any old Dalek story except maybe one or two Jon Pertwee ones as they are amazing and as they are around double the length of a regular episode of New Who they have a lot more story in them though that is what many people hate as they dont have the attention span these days and just want action.

ReputationRep:
    I assume some people have seen this, but... http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/do...-episodes.html

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna be out of the country when the 50th airs... :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    I'm gonna be out of the country when the 50th airs... :emo:
    It's being played in around 75 countries simutaneously. Could check if you could watch it where you are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    It's being played in around 75 countries simutaneously. Could check if you could watch it where you are?
    I may well be able to, but it'll be a case of if I can escape and watch it or whether I'll be busy...

I reckon I can avoid spoilers until I get home though.

ReputationRep:
    Two new stills/promotional photos for the 50th anniversary episode, both official BBC releases!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  1379895_738895782791118_1214759844_n.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  36.5 KBName:  996007_738897266124303_705811034_n.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  30.5 KB

EDIT: and a third

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  1381753_738937709453592_734874603_n.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  38.4 KB

Click on them to enlarge...

ReputationRep:
    First official trailer is up on the website. Not found it on youtube just yet. It doesn't look like any actual footage is shown from the episode, just a general advertisement for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jzhz3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    First official trailer is up on the website. Not found it on youtube just yet. It doesn't look like any actual footage is shown from the episode, just a general advertisement for it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01jzhz3
    I'm actually hoping that there isn't any footage leaked or in trailers. For pretty much every episode we already know the basic plot beforehand from the trailers, so it would be extra special if we went into the 50th knowing basically nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    I'm actually hoping that there isn't any footage leaked or in trailers. For pretty much every episode we already know the basic plot beforehand from the trailers, so it would be extra special if we went into the 50th knowing basically nothing.
    But no doubt spoilers would still get out there

ReputationRep:
    Was there any footage or such in the American trailer? (And is that the same trailer as has just been released?)

ReputationRep:
    A thought on that trailer

Spoiler:
    Show
    A lot of emphasis on the sonic screwdriver/s :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's got me hyped. A month is a long time to wait still..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's a website where I can catch up on everything? I stopped watching after David Tennant basically... need to get back into it before this episode

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Does anyone know if there's a website where I can catch up on everything? I stopped watching after David Tennant basically... need to get back into it before this episode
    Netflix has all the series except the one aired this year I believe?

The last few episodes can be found through.... other methods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Netflix has all the series except the one aired this year I believe?

The last few episodes can be found through.... other methods.
    Thanks I'll first try other methods then if unsuccessful I'll use Netflix. I've got my own card now so I suppose I could sign up to the 30 day trial

ReputationRep:
    Like PinkPenguin said, a lot of it's on Netflix (you can get a free month's trial of Netflix if you have a facebook account and haven't done it before). Otherwise you can buy it all on iTunes, or watch it on various download/streaming websites, but we aren't allowed to link to or mention those by name on here because they're not strictly legal...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'll first try other methods then if unsuccessful I'll use Netflix. I've got my own card now so I suppose I could sign up to the 30 day trial
    Netflix is dead easy to cancel too - it's not like Lovefilm where you have to ring a person and they try and make you stay. With Netflix you literally just click a button and its gone

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.