The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Teh Smart One
Are there any revision books for AQA Physics and Biology for a-level? I know there is for gcse, but I'm not to sure about a-levels.

Loads! The nearest WHSmith to me has a variety of revision guides and student books for just about every subject, maybe it's worth checking out your local store too. :smile:

I changed my options today (from Spanish -> Economics) without telling my parents today (Sixth Form induction)... god be with me when they get back from work.
Reply 2361
Original post by NikolaT
Loads! The nearest WHSmith to me has a variety of revision guides and student books for just about every subject, maybe it's worth checking out your local store too. :smile:

I changed my options today (from Spanish -> Economics) without telling my parents today (Sixth Form induction)... god be with me when they get back from work.

You could just make up an excuse saying that you had to change it for whatever reason?
Original post by Lucas.
You could just make up an excuse saying that you had to change it for whatever reason?

They actually wanted me to change 2, and I only changed the 1 that I preferred and am refusing the second.
I'm doing Physics, Maths and Further Maths for A-level, but I don't know if I should do Chemistry or Economics.

For GCSE's I got an A in Chemistry, but I would have got an A* if my coursework was better and I absolutely hate practical work.
Original post by Red Fox
1 person got 9 A*, then me and another boy got 5 A*. That was the top 3.

In my school 7 people out of a year of 150ish got straight A*s, 2 of which were taking an extra gcse so they got 11 rather than 10 :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2365
Not sure if this post will mean anything to any of you guys, but I got this in the post today. I am happy.

pop pink.jpg
Reply 2366
Original post by Lucas.
Not sure if this post will mean anything to any of you guys, but I got this in the post today. I am happy.

pop pink.jpg

I don't like them myself but I'm guessing you're a bit of a pop punk fan then?
Reply 2367
Original post by Mr.Nor
I don't like them myself but I'm guessing you're a bit of a pop punk fan then?

I am indeed haha. :wink:

I like most genres of music, but pop punk is right up there alongside my favourites. Do you like pop punk too? I'm guessing you might if you recognised With The Punches. :colondollar: Sucks how it's their last EVER show on Saturday (because they're going on hiatus). :frown:

I recently decided I wanted to start collecting vinyl, because it looks cool, and I also download way too much music illegally - go on, neg me, we all do it or have done it - so I thought as a way of 'giving something back', I'd buy vinyl because it looks pretty cool and it sounds great. I'm buying a lot more shirts from bands as well.
Reply 2368
Original post by Lucas.
I am indeed haha. :wink:

I like most genres of music, but pop punk is right up there alongside my favourites. Do you like pop punk too? I'm guessing you might if you recognised With The Punches. :colondollar: Sucks how it's their last EVER show on Saturday (because they're going on hiatus). :frown:

I recently decided I wanted to start collecting vinyl, because it looks cool, and I also download way too much music illegally - go on, neg me, we all do it or have done it - so I thought as a way of 'giving something back', I'd buy vinyl because it looks pretty cool and it sounds great. I'm buying a lot more shirts from bands as well.

The only pop punk I listen too is All Time Low (saying that I haven't listened to them in ages). I mostly listen to indie/alternative and electronic but I like a bit of everything :h:

And I really want a vinyl player but they're just too expensive :frown:
Original post by Mr.Nor

THIS. There's a new store opening in town that sells Vinyls, and I have some already, but no player because we gave it to someone else in the family. :frown:
Reply 2370
Original post by MattFletcher
THIS. There's a new store opening in town that sells Vinyls, and I have some already, but no player because we gave it to someone else in the family. :frown:

I think my parents have one but idk where it is :eek: vinyls are about £20 at this shop in town. There's one vinyl coming out that i definitely want though....
Reply 2371
Original post by Mr.Nor
The only pop punk I listen too is All Time Low (saying that I haven't listened to them in ages). I mostly listen to indie/alternative and electronic but I like a bit of everything :h:

I rarely listen to All Time Low... I used to be really into their first few albums, but personally I think their most recent albums have been a bit boring.. :frown: Oooh, if you're into indie, check out this topic if you haven't already. I made three massive posts with loads of indie artists for some guys who wanted some recommendations. Hopefully there'll be something in there that you'll like if you like finding new music. :smile:

I don't have one yet (I need to save up, I only bought this vinyl because it's extremely rare and I got it for £10 new inc. postage - how could I refuse!?) but depending on your price range you can get some decent systems. For around £70-£100 you can get a few portable ones with built in speakers that look pretty nice. If not you could opt for this. £130, but it has decent external speakers and does a lot more than just play records. :smile:
Reply 2372
Original post by Lucas.
I rarely listen to All Time Low... I used to be really into their first few albums, but personally I think their most recent albums have been a bit boring.. :frown: Oooh, if you're into indie, check out this topic if you haven't already. I made three massive posts with loads of indie artists for some guys who wanted some recommendations. Hopefully there'll be something in there that you'll like if you like finding new music. :smile:

I don't have one yet (I need to save up, I only bought this vinyl because it's extremely rare and I got it for £10 new inc. postage - how could I refuse!?) but depending on your price range you can get some decent systems. For around £70-£100 you can get a few portable ones with built in speakers that look pretty nice. If not you could opt for this. £130, but it has decent external speakers and does a lot more than just play records. :smile:

I'll listen to some of them later thanks! I see you posted Bloc Party :cool:
Reply 2373
Original post by Mr.Nor
I'll listen to some of them later thanks! I see you posted Bloc Party :cool:

Yeah, Silent Alarm is the best debut LP ever realeased by anyone... ever, in my opinion. :tongue: It's such a tight album, everything sounds so good. Not a single song I'd skip. A Weekend In The City and Flux were really nice too. It's a shame that Four and their new EP were a bit of a flop... Having said that though I really like Ratchet, and the video is crazy.

I think this is the end of Bloc Party now.. I mean, they've been going since 1999, they've already had one hiatus, they came back, it wasn't great, and now they're on their second hiatus..
Original post by techno836
Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you :h: (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added :h: )

I now know my exam boards!

Spanish (WJEC)
History (World) (Edexcel)
English Literature (AQA)
Law (OCR)
Reply 2375
Original post by Lucas.
Yeah, Silent Alarm is the best debut LP ever realeased by anyone... ever, in my opinion. :tongue: It's such a tight album, everything sounds so good. Not a single song I'd skip. A Weekend In The City and Flux were really nice too. It's a shame that Four and their new EP were a bit of a flop... Having said that though I really like Ratchet, and the video is crazy.

I think this is the end of Bloc Party now.. I mean, they've been going since 1999, they've already had one hiatus, they came back, it wasn't great, and now they're on their second hiatus..

One Month Off is probably my favourite song by them....
Reply 2376
Original post by Mr.Nor
One Month Off is probably my favourite song by them....

Forgot about Intimacy. :colondollar:

I love the drumming in One Month Off. Best song on Intimacy in my opinion is probably Mercury.

Favourite song overall? Either Positive Tension or Like Eating Glass. The bass in Positive Tension, and the drumming in both of them are just perfect. :smile:
Reply 2377
Original post by Lucas.
Forgot about Intimacy. :colondollar:

I love the drumming in One Month Off. Best song on Intimacy in my opinion is probably Mercury.

Favourite song overall? Either Positive Tension or Like Eating Glass. The bass in Positive Tension, and the drumming in both of them are just perfect. :smile:

My favourites of Intimacy are One Month Off (the video is one of my faves)/Flux (from what I remember it's a bonus track?)/Zephyrus (I think the choir like thing really adds to it)
Reply 2378
Original post by Mr.Nor
My favourites of Intimacy are One Month Off (the video is one of my faves)/Flux (from what I remember it's a bonus track?)/Zephyrus (I think the choir like thing really adds to it)

Flux was a bonus track on AWITC. They released AWITC, then released Flux, then re-released AWITC with Flux on it. :tongue:

Yeah, I like the choir in the background of Zephyrus. Biko is a pretty good song too. As is Talons. The more I think about it, I actually do like Intimacy quite a bit. :tongue:

I'm hoping I'll find some new people in college who have the same sort of taste in music as me. I really want to form a band...
Reply 2379
Original post by Lucas.
Flux was a bonus track on AWITC. They released AWITC, then released Flux, then re-released AWITC with Flux on it. :tongue:

Yeah, I like the choir in the background of Zephyrus. Biko is a pretty good song too. As is Talons. The more I think about it, I actually do like Intimacy quite a bit. :tongue:

I'm hoping I'll find some new people in college who have the same sort of taste in music as me. I really want to form a band...

That's weird then as the download I used had flux stuck on Intimacy......

And I'm staying at my schools sixth form but luckily I keep converting people to good music :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest