Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    Wow I didn't even realise they offered unconditional for that course. You must have really impressed them
    I wish, haha. I did a foundation year at another uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm an international student at the university of manchester for the next year. I would like to know if I can buy the ticket for the week 1 on the 1st september or it will be too late (electric party) ? Thank you !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matzoux)
    Hello, I'm an international student at the university of manchester for the next year. I would like to know if I can buy the ticket for the week 1 on the 1st september or it will be too late (electric party) ? Thank you !!
    I think Origami Bullets said in another thread that they never sell out so you should be fine. Although, I think the general recommendation is that you wait until you get there to see what your flatmates are doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject_delta)
    I wish, haha. I did a foundation year at another uni.
    Ah that would probably explain it, still at least you got accommodation sorted early and everthing. I'm having an absolute nightmare with mine, tempted just to go private.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mabinogion)
    I'm so happy I was able to swap my catered owens park accommodation to oak house MA.1.23.166
    How did you manage that? I'm trying desperately to get mine changed but having no luck at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaisyKate)
    I'm not usually a shy person but I'm getting really nervous thinking about meeting everyone now! Just want to move in and make friends with my flat
    Same here I know the small talk will be easy enough just hope my flat mates are nice and want to go out and do stuff , getting nervous already about making friends even though I'm ok at being sociable

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone joined a facebook group for manchester freshers ? All my friends have joined freshers groups on fb and found their flatmates but there are loads for manchester I don't know if there is an official one that I should join ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by araddhna96)
    Hey, I'm doing Ancient History! I got into UoM through Clearing so basically saw the Uni for the first time today... It was everything I expected and much, much more! Incredible environment, really great course... I'm looking forward to it! Slightly nervous because I'll be moving up from London and I am praying that the accommodation is good. I've sent off my application and I'm just waiting for them to get back to me. Hopefully I will get what I asked for, but I know that that is less likely now.
    I wouldn't worry about accommodation if I were you I looked on google maps and most places are within 30-40 mins walk of each other so you can walk to a friends house . Also if you don't like your accommodation you can apply for another later in term one , I think the form is on the accommodation site but you might end up liking your halls anyway . Good luck with getting your first choice !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fernaroni)
    Has anyone joined a facebook group for manchester freshers ? All my friends have joined freshers groups on fb and found their flatmates but there are loads for manchester I don't know if there is an official one that I should join ...
    There are official Facebook groups for the halls. Gimmie a min and I'll find and edit in the link.

Edit: http://manchesterstudentsunion.com/welcometohalls2014

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bekbok)
    There are official Facebook groups for the halls. Gimmie a min and I'll find and edit in the link.
    ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fernaroni)
    ok thanks
    It's fine and the link is there now.

ReputationRep:
    Whitworth park anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ross_ave)
    Whitworth park anybody?
    Yep Dilworth, floor 2, flat 24 if I remember x

ReputationRep:
    ga.g.01.008

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having problems setting up the IT account? I've been sent the email but when I click the link it won't open a page for me to register! (ps any Ashburne Hall/Law students? )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamila21)
    Is anyone else having problems setting up the IT account? I've been sent the email but when I click the link it won't open a page for me to register! (ps any Ashburne Hall/Law students? )
    Try this link: https://iam.manchester.ac.uk/external

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    Try this link: https://iam.manchester.ac.uk/external
    When I click "continue to IT Account Manager" it won't let me open any other page, it just refreshes the current one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamila21)
    When I click "continue to IT Account Manager" it won't let me open any other page, it just refreshes the current one
    What about this?: https://iam.manchester.ac.uk/home

If not, maybe try using a different browser and/or clearing your cache.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HandmadeTurnip)
    What about this?: https://iam.manchester.ac.uk/home

If not, maybe try using a different browser and/or clearing your cache.

All sorted and confirmed - think it must of been my laptop having a moment. Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody in Burkhardt House?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.