Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Thanks so much for all the good wishes/hugs guys, I really really appreciate it. You're all so lovely. Thankfully things seem to be okay, in the grand scheme of things. My parents only have fairly minor injuries from seatbelts and things, so that's the most important thing. Dad has a head injury but nothing too serious I don't think. Our car is undriveable and the other one has been written off. Not great timing given they're going on a long holiday at the weekend and needed the car, but really they're just lucky to have their lives, things could have been very different. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Still a bit anxious but mainly relieved. Thanks again, I hope you are all okay. :hugs:
    Really glad they're okay/is just minor things - must be a big relief definitely :hugs: Hope you can calm a bit soon Agree with TLG ^^ please don't blame yourself :nah:
    :jumphug:

-----------------------------------------------

Housemate worrying a bit about presentations too/they haven't done much either. Tried to reassure her a bit/found powerpoint about the whole essay stuff, and presentation is only worth 20% apparently, so I'm kinda relieved about that, though still obviously need to get sorted/actually read something. Though in my other modules I've gotten close to 0% in their 15% section for assignments/stuff, so I don't know. Anyway...
    Going to try to go to library later I think and hopefully get a book out to read. Might email the support lady again too
    Managed to get some smaller things that I needed to do this morning in bed, which is good. Just some emails/replying to people on fb.

ReputationRep:
    The mods have been talking of banning me but apparently they have to ask me first, despite my track record, for reasons unknown

ReputationRep:
    Hello from Liverpool lovely people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Really pleased it's not sounding life-threatening or too serious :yes: What a scary day. No wonder you're still anxious Remember that you're not to blame in the slightest - there are loads of idiot drivers out there (talking about the overtaker here, not your parents) all over the place and it's their fault for overtaking in a reckless manner, NOT yours at all. So please don't let your brain blame yourself :hugs:
    Thanks for the kind words :hugs: still feel a bit shaken up and drained but will be better when I see them. hope you're okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Really glad they're okay/is just minor things - must be a big relief definitely :hugs: Hope you can calm a bit soon Agree with TLG ^^ please don't blame yourself :nah:
    :jumphug:

-----------------------------------------------

Housemate worrying a bit about presentations too/they haven't done much either. Tried to reassure her a bit/found powerpoint about the whole essay stuff, and presentation is only worth 20% apparently, so I'm kinda relieved about that, though still obviously need to get sorted/actually read something. Though in my other modules I've gotten close to 0% in their 15% section for assignments/stuff, so I don't know. Anyway...
    Going to try to go to library later I think and hopefully get a book out to read. Might email the support lady again too
    Managed to get some smaller things that I needed to do this morning in bed, which is good. Just some emails/replying to people on fb.
    Thanks for the kindness :hugs: well done on some productivity! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Really need to have a rant at someone. Just really, really pissed off.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Can always rant to me if you want, I know you don't know me that well:erm: but I love helping people
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks so much for all the good wishes/hugs guys, I really really appreciate it. You're all so lovely. Thankfully things seem to be okay, in the grand scheme of things. My parents only have fairly minor injuries from seatbelts and things, so that's the most important thing. Dad has a head injury but nothing too serious I don't think. Our car is undriveable and the other one has been written off. Not great timing given they're going on a long holiday at the weekend and needed the car, but really they're just lucky to have their lives, things could have been very different. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Still a bit anxious but mainly relieved. Thanks again, I hope you are all okay. :hugs:
    Glad they're relatively ok :hugs:

(Original post by Pathway)
    Rant at me if you want? Might not make a lot f sense back but still, will listen/read

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear about your parents Scary

It's been almost 48 hours since I emailed the Samaritans and still nothing...good to know my mental health crisis was important to them :lol: In fairness this is the only bad experience I've had with them though. I used to rely on them a bit a few years ago when the crisis team were being silly and they were usually pretty good.

Been having the most spectacular mood swings all day, don't know how I'm going to feel one minute to the next.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Due on in the next few days so that's probably why but still blergh

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Glad they're relatively ok :hugs:

Rant at me if you want? Might not make a lot f sense back but still, will listen/read

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks lovely, hope you're doing okay :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    So sorry to hear about your parents Scary

It's been almost 48 hours since I emailed the Samaritans and still nothing...good to know my mental health crisis was important to them :lol: In fairness this is the only bad experience I've had with them though. I used to rely on them a bit a few years ago when the crisis team were being silly and they were usually pretty good.

Been having the most spectacular mood swings all day, don't know how I'm going to feel one minute to the next.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Due on in the next few days so that's probably why but still blergh

Hope everyone is ok :hugs:
    Thanks lovely. And very sorry to hear about the Samaritans, that's not on at all :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I got the job!!!!!! :party: :banana:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    congratulations hun. very proud of you :lovehug:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    woo congrats!!

---

accomplished absolutely nothing and missed a compulsory presentation feeling like such a loser

Posted from TSR k
    lpMobile
    o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Lots of :hugs:

Done nothing today besides dentist and sitting in cinema office/watching TV. :/ Mouth hurts because of ulcer, too Essay presentation in a week now. Dept. support person hasn't emailed back about essay-help, either. Not sure what to do Well. Sort of do. But just seems scary/just want to hide. (need to just get a book out and read and hope it makes sense, but just hoping it does seems so silly and risky and eurgh ) Keep thinking that I do *need* to do some sort of presentation, and just tempted to do mine first, then just walk out/not listen to the others in my tutor group, will probably want to run away anyway. :/ bleeeh.
    Also thinking that maybe I should give up this society role even more, just feeling so bad atm, plus term 3 will probably be worse. Don't want to mess up degree stuff, either but just confusing and don't know what to do/seems like such a cop-out/quitting after only 3-4 weeks in the role. and what if I improve? Even if i can't really see that happening :sad:
    Hope everyone's alright. So tired
    Thanks.

What is it about the presentation that's worrying you?

Do you have any close friends in the society? You could try asking for feedback from them about how you're doing, sometimes it can be difficult to take an objective view about these sorts of things. Although if it's the fact it might get in the way of your degree I don't think that's bad to consider, after all it's what you're at uni for.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice one Panda. :five:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!!!

Im quite shocked as there was 4 other people they interviewed for it!

Its only a 6 hour a week job, but its a job in youth work and there will probably chance for overtime! Really chuffed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done Panda! :yay: :woo: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I told my wife and she said everything is down to stress. I'm unemployed, out of education and the biggest stress in my life is ice hockey practice - which I'm probably going to quit.

Called my psychiatrist and have an appointment for next week.

Thanks for the hugs, I'm just so scared of going back to where I was before.
    Sorry things are so rough at the moment. :hugs: Good that you've let them know though- hopefully they'll help!
    I know that feeling. But hopefully you identifying that thing are getting tough and being able to ask for support will help keep things from getting as bad as they've been before? :yes: Big hugs! :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    x
    So glad your parents are okay! :sadnod: And what panda said- nothing to feel guilty for! :hugs: Hope you're okay hun- around if you need. :lovehug:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.