(Original post by Jitesh)
    Where's that Q from?
    The official mock B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia.medicine)
    The official mock B
    Oh wow lol

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me if I still have a chance of getting in with my scores? Because I don't know if they're good enough?

VR:590
    QR:740
    AR:660
    SJT: Band 2
    (Total 1990)

Resources I used were the 1000Q book and UKCAT website mocks for about a week and a half

ReputationRep:
    Craziest **** happened today. I am so sad. So today was the day I was supposed to do my UKCAT. Man slept at 8!!! I was ready guys. I turn up at the center 30 minutes in advance. We ready to kill it. I wait 1 hour. I hear furious clicking in the next room. Then that error sound. Turns out internet in Zambia is so *****y, they couldn't open the exam. So after waiting 2 hours to hopefully finish my exam, the exam center lady says I have to reschedule. Sad thing, school starts tomorrow. I am so pissed and sad :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi! To everyone who's done it, what did you do during the Decision section? Did you just sit there? Did you go to the bathroom? What do you think is the best thing to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NuclearFallout)
    Was quant easy? And can you give examples of what the abstract patterns were like? Were there usually only one or two relationships linking sets? And please tell me how it relates to and compares to the official mocks and medify. Thank you friend
    Yeah I'd say it was. Basic percentage increases and means and stuff. One relationship. E.g) More black shapes than white, odd/even number of shapes, two circles in one shape Vs One circle in each shape, number of intersections etc. Much Much Much easier than anything I'd done in practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloimastudent)
    Hi! To everyone who's done it, what did you do during the Decision section? Did you just sit there? Did you go to the bathroom? What do you think is the best thing to do?
    Sat for about 5-6 mins and just tried out the calculator and then skipped it all and moved on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ronnydandam)
    Sat for about 5-6 mins and just tried out the calculator and then skipped it all and moved on
    oh okay so you didnt get up and go for a walkabout? do you think it's better to just stay there as a break would ruin your focus??? congrats on your score

ReputationRep:
    Is Medify mock 2 meant to be easier than mock 1? I did surprisingly better in it.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay so you didnt get up and go for a walkabout? do you think it's better to just stay there as a break would ruin your focus??? congrats on your score
    I didn't but I honestly don't know! I'd say see how you feel when you do the mocks, for one mock sit there and for another mock go to the toilet/walkabout and see which you prefer! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't but I honestly don't know! I'd say see how you feel when you do the mocks, for one mock sit there and for another mock go to the toilet/walkabout and see which you prefer! Thank you!
    Thanks for the advice! and you must be so happy with your score, are you a graduate or a school leaver?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Is Medify mock 2 meant to be easier than mock 1? I did surprisingly better in it.
    what have you been getting in medify mocks? mine have been 545 and 590 HELP

ReputationRep:
    what have you been getting in medify mocks? mine have been 545 and 590 HELP
    723 and 743 somehow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmarrable)
    Just done my UKCAT. I only prepared using free material I could find online; I was worried about this because everyone on here seems to be using Medify and other paid resources. If anyone else is in the same boat and was wondering how people do without paying for courses, here is what I got:
    VR: 640
    QR: 890
    AR: 600
    SJT: Band 2

I know VR and AR aren't the best, but my QR brings up my average to 710, and I am happy with this
    What strategy did you use for QR? Thats an amazing score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noslomai)
    Hi, I really want to apply to Edinburgh and I don't know if I have any chance of getting an offer. My scores are:
    VR 590
    QR 780
    AR 880
    STJ Band 1
    I'm concerned about my VR score, it's a great deal lower than most of the TSR ones will it have a detrimental effect on my application? I'm an international student, I believe it's already quite disadvantageous.
    It is high enough. That will be top octile which will make you a strong candidate. They take SJT band 1 very highly too!

ReputationRep:
    Sat the dreaded thing today.
    VR: 630
    QR: 740
    AR: 670
    SJT 1. Overall 680.
    Pretty disappointed because, although it's a decent score, its nowhere near good enough for GEM standard so I'm having to rethink my options a lot.

VR
    This was my best section during practice, was consistently getting 700+ so I have no idea what happened during the exam. I felt it went pretty well, had to guess a few more than usual due to running out of time but didn't feel drastically different to what I was used to. Medify prepares you pretty well for this I'd say, there was about a half-half mix of T/F/C and the longer questions, maybe a few more of the latter actually. I wouldn't say it was any harder than I had expected it to be or much different to medify, the text does seem longer because of font size though so beware of that. For T/F/C I'd just skim keywords and for the longer Qs i'd give a quick overall skim of paragraphs and then answer. Worked for me quite well during practice, evidently did not translate well to the actual test...

QR
    This was, surprisingly, my worst section during practice as I hadn't done maths in about 4 years and my medify scores were usually around 650. QR is way easier on the day I found. Mostly percentages, deductions, lots of pie charts too. Largely simple calculations, only 2-3 long-winded ones I felt although I did guess a few towards the end (My timing has always been worst on this one). In terms of calculator, us the keyboard it is absolutely invaluable. I mostly used alt+n and alt+f (all sections, not just QR) but also backspace button clears the calculator screen (I'm not sure if it does on medify) which I found really useful.

AR:
    Medify prepares you well for this, I didn't find the difficulty much different, if anything slightly easier. Lots of number-related patterns, mostly Type 1 questions and I think 5 or so of the other types. Ran out of time a bit so I must have been spending longer than i thought as I usually had time leftover during practice. Can't really remember too much else about it, I think most of the patterns were fairly obvious to begin with, I think there were 1/2 I was unsure of. Some counting, rotations and intersections but mostly nothing too complex.

So that's my overall experience from today! Good luck to everyone else. I think the main thing is just to keep calm and stay focused. By the time you get to the test centre, there's nothing more you could have done to prepare so give yourself a break and know you are doing the best you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimsiclez)
    Sat the dreaded thing today.
    VR: 630
    QR: 740
    AR: 670
    SJT 1. Overall 680.
    Pretty disappointed because, although it's a decent score, its nowhere near good enough for GEM standard so I'm having to rethink my options a lot.

VR
    This was my best section during practice, was consistently getting 700+ so I have no idea what happened during the exam. I felt it went pretty well, had to guess a few more than usual due to running out of time but didn't feel drastically different to what I was used to. Medify prepares you pretty well for this I'd say, there was about a half-half mix of T/F/C and the longer questions, maybe a few more of the latter actually. I wouldn't say it was any harder than I had expected it to be or much different to medify, the text does seem longer because of font size though so beware of that. For T/F/C I'd just skim keywords and for the longer Qs i'd give a quick overall skim of paragraphs and then answer. Worked for me quite well during practice, evidently did not translate well to the actual test...

QR
    This was, surprisingly, my worst section during practice as I hadn't done maths in about 4 years and my medify scores were usually around 650. QR is way easier on the day I found. Mostly percentages, deductions, lots of pie charts too. Largely simple calculations, only 2-3 long-winded ones I felt although I did guess a few towards the end (My timing has always been worst on this one). In terms of calculator, us the keyboard it is absolutely invaluable. I mostly used alt+n and alt+f (all sections, not just QR) but also backspace button clears the calculator screen (I'm not sure if it does on medify) which I found really useful.

AR:
    Medify prepares you well for this, I didn't find the difficulty much different, if anything slightly easier. Lots of number-related patterns, mostly Type 1 questions and I think 5 or so of the other types. Ran out of time a bit so I must have been spending longer than i thought as I usually had time leftover during practice. Can't really remember too much else about it, I think most of the patterns were fairly obvious to begin with, I think there were 1/2 I was unsure of. Some counting, rotations and intersections but mostly nothing too complex.

So that's my overall experience from today! Good luck to everyone else. I think the main thing is just to keep calm and stay focused. By the time you get to the test centre, there's nothing more you could have done to prepare so give yourself a break and know you are doing the best you can!
    Got my test tomorrow morning! Such helpful advice, thank you and well done!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd say it was. Basic percentage increases and means and stuff. One relationship. E.g) More black shapes than white, odd/even number of shapes, two circles in one shape Vs One circle in each shape, number of intersections etc. Much Much Much easier than anything I'd done in practice
    Was it easier than AR in medify movk A? As I got 830 in that but 700 in the other two, literally hope my exam goes like yours you're so lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    723 and 743 somehow!
    gosh that is so good! how many hours of preparation have you done?

ReputationRep:
    What score would one need to be considered a competitive applicant at Barts or Edinburgh?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.