Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Some times I'll just be sat around, in a good mood, the weathers nice and stuff. Very pleasant!

Then this exam will cross my mind again and I just want to ****ing end it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CALI1198)
    I reckon they wanted you to apply the first order integrating factor method as there was a question towards the end for the second order CF+PI style.
    I stupidly left the equation with a +c/IF at the end

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Surely that logic doesn't work because there was a question towards the beginning with the IF method already, so your logic of "it has to be this because the other method already came up later" applies to "it can't be IF because that already came up earlier" as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Surely that logic doesn't work because there was a question towards the beginning with the IF method already, so your logic of "it has to be this because the other method already came up later" applies to "it can't be IF because that already came up earlier" as well.
    Maybe the first one was too abstract so they wanted to test it with a more familiar style?

I assume you meant the pqrt one. I didn't get that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    Some times I'll just be sat around, in a good mood, the weathers nice and stuff. Very pleasant!

Then this exam will cross my mind again and I just want to ****ing end it all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel ya buddy. I was so prepared for it (thought i was anyway). I've dropped a minimum of 10 marks which is ****

ReputationRep:
    I feel ya buddy. I was so prepared for it (thought i was anyway). I've dropped a minimum of 10 marks which is ****

Now I have to ****ing no-life M2 and S2 to have a chance at an A. I couldnt even do the sin5(theta) thing so couldnt do the whole question... That was the only normal thing on there and I couldn't do it. Integrated it in terms of a b c and d in a attempt to get method marks. Dropped plenty more on top of that too. Oh and i didnt see part of a question. How many marks was the part after the substitution where you get the general solution?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    Now I have to ****ing no-life M2 and S2 to have a chance at an A. I couldnt even do the sin5(theta) thing so couldnt do the whole question... That was the only normal thing on there and I couldn't do it. Integrated it in terms of a b c and d in a attempt to get method marks. Dropped plenty more on top of that too. Oh and i didnt see part of a question. How many marks was the part after the substitution where you get the general solution?
    Can't remember, check the model solutions as that has the mark allocations with it

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember, check the model solutions as that has the mark allocations with it

Cant ****ing believe it 7 marks and the 1 mark after it. And general solutions is ****ing easy. Honestly probably got a C. ****!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Zacken, I am doing FP1-3 and M2-3-4 as an A-Level Further Maths, suppose I get a 90%+ on FP2, M2 and M3, could FP3 and M4 count as AS units, so I would get an A* still? Or would FP3 and M4 have to count as A2 units?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Hey Zacken, I am doing FP1-3 and M2-3-4 as an A-Level Further Maths, suppose I get a 90%+ on FP2, M2 and M3, could FP3 and M4 count as AS units, so I would get an A* still? Or would FP3 and M4 have to count as A2 units?
    It doesn't matter what goes where so long you meet the 90% average condition and the 480 UMS. Even if something goes towards the AS it can still contribute towards the A*. So FP2, M2 and M3 could get you the A*.

ReputationRep:
    On 4ia I used separating the variables from core 4 and when integrating I times by q instead of dividing, leaving my answer as r/q(1-e^-t/pq) when I believe it should have been r/q(1-e^-tp/q). ... Or something similar anyway, how many marks lost out of the 4? If not all 4? And will this still mean I can get part 4ib correct as it relied on part a? My answer to part be was r/q I believe

ReputationRep:
    Which question used an IF? The p,q,r 1st order diff equation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarPatel98)
    Which question used an IF? The p,q,r 1st order diff equation?
    Yep.

(Original post by oShahpo)
    As long as you have 3 A3's with 270/300 UMS you'll get the A*, even if the other 3 A2's are all at 70 UMS each.

(Original post by Wsswilliamoxley)
    On 4ia I used separating the variables from core 4 and when integrating I times by q instead of dividing, leaving my answer as r/q(1-e^-t/pq) when I believe it should have been r/q(1-e^-tp/q). ... Or something similar anyway, how many marks lost out of the 4? If not all 4? And will this still mean I can get part 4ib correct as it relied on part a? My answer to part be was r/q I believe
    Drop 2 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Also, on 4ii I used IF to arrive at ye^2(theta) = integral of (e^(2theta))sin(theta). However I then integrated it incorrectly. I carried on with my Incorrect integral and provided I solved my equation correctly using the parameters given, would I gain any follow through marks? How many marks out of 7 would this likely be? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wsswilliamoxley)
    Also, on 4ii I used IF to arrive at ye^2(theta) = integral of (e^(2theta))sin(theta). However I then integrated it incorrectly. I carried on with my Incorrect integral and provided I solved my equation correctly using the parameters given, would I gain any follow through marks? How many marks out of 7 would this likely be? Thanks in advance
    Difficult to say: on a normal paper 4/7 but on this paper you just had an IF question so perhaps less marks allocated to that part => less

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random1357)
    Difficult to say: on a normal paper 4/7 but on this paper you just had an IF question so perhaps less marks allocated to that part => less
    Thankyou! I'll just hope for 4/7🙏

ReputationRep:
    The more I think back on this paper, the more I realise how similar it was to previous years. Sad to say 90 ums is probably going to be 70 raw marks again

ReputationRep:
    Yep.

Ah I did it by separation of variables

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFarmerLad)
    The more I think back on this paper, the more I realise how similar it was to previous years. Sad to say 90 ums is probably going to be 70 raw marks again
    Argh I just looked at the paper again, and I still can't decide whether it was harder than normal or not... I know I found it much more difficult than the past papers, but I'm worried that was just exam room panic & mild sleep deprivation 🤔

Anyways, unless something really drastic happens to grade boundaries I didn't get 90 UMS. Going to have to get it in S2 and M2, which I haven't revised anywhere near as much as I did for this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    Argh I just looked at the paper again, and I still can't decide whether it was harder than normal or not... I know I found it much more difficult than the past papers, but I'm worried that was just exam room panic & mild sleep deprivation 🤔

Anyways, unless something really drastic happens to grade boundaries I didn't get 90 UMS. Going to have to get it in S2 and M2, which I haven't revised anywhere near as much as I did for this...
    The only question that really stood out was 4b), but then again all recent FP2 papers have a question that stands out otherwise where's the challenge? I think people (myself included to an extent) are overreacting to this paper. That being said, I'm praying 68-69 is 88-90ums because that's what I think I need for an A* in Further!

M2 is much easier than M3 (assuming you did that), I'd advise you to focus on practicing the statics questions as imo they're the hardest. Everything else bar restitution (which is straightforward anyway) is easier M3 content. For S2, don't forget to revise and try not to fall asleep in the exam

ReputationRep:
    For the de moivre question, my answer for the constant b was positive when it was suppose to be negative, so I couldn't correctly do part b. How many marks would I lose for this?Also, for the series question I realized I had to also add the sum(r - 3) to the part that involved method of differences, so I wrote out the unsimplified sum of the series they were looking for correctly, but I added the numerator of the fraction wrong. It was still in the form they wanted. How many marks would this cost me?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.