Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulu_dudette)
    Thanks for that. It was a set I was hoping would be positive for me. Congratulations to you. There are some lovely members in that set!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey it's all swings and roundabouts in the end. good luck with the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire_fairy91)
    Rejection out after Cornwall Street second round yesterday.

I saw someone ask about New Park Court a few pages back- they've sent out invitations for second round but no date yet.

Does anyone know when we'll hear from Keating post first round?
    RE: New Park- how did they send out the interviews and when if you don't mind me asking ? I actually thought the interview went okay, my gateway still says first interview😣

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by broeoutinsong)
    RE: New Park- how did they send out the interviews and when if you don't mind me asking ? I actually thought the interview went okay, my gateway still says first interview😣
    To confirm, I am talking about New Park Court in Leeds. It was a gateway email from Ellen Reid and my gateway status has changed to second interview. I was rejected post first round last year and remember it being very slow. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a rejection from Furnival? I'm waiting to hear either way.

Also rejection from CPS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legally Bronde)
    Thanks. I think they must have dished them all out. Another one bites the dust!
    No idea if they have or not but I am still waiting for my final interview with them. I live overseas so interviewed via Skype for 2 interviews then they had technical difficulties at their end so my final interview is sometime this week. Doesn't mean they haven't already made offers I guess!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcoalfeathers)

Also rejection from CPS.
    I'm still waiting either way on furnival!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by SFLaw)
    No idea if they have or not but I am still waiting for my final interview with them. I live overseas so interviewed via Skype for 2 interviews then they had technical difficulties at their end so my final interview is sometime this week. Doesn't mean they haven't already made offers I guess!!
    Yes I was there when the Skype issue was going on. I remember feeling foolish for cancelling my flight to spain when someone could still interview from new zealand. lol.

I think this gives some reassurance, as it would be unethical for them to make all offers without completing the interview process with all candidates first. Also, I think there might have been 2 Skype interviews, as they interviewed 20, but only 18 attended at chambers. So presumably…..2 more Skype interviews to complete? I have some hope restored (clearly i'm desperately looking for reasons to stay positive).

Also rejection from CPS.
    I've heard nothing from Furnival or CPS post video int.

The wait is the worst! #thisistorture

ReputationRep:
    No news from the CPS or 3PB post-interview yet. But I had my 3PB interview last Friday. Still waiting to hear from 42BR, 1GiS and some non-gateway applications.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else got an interview request from Furnival? Seems a bit odd late on a Sunday but wondering if they are still sending them out....? Or I'll be accepting it's a no!

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Keating post-first round?

ReputationRep:
    not sure if this is common knowledge already, but i just rang Holborn Chambers and the clerk thinks that chambers has already sifted applications. so looks like RBS, unless anyone got an express rejection...

ReputationRep:
    Hi yeah I just got an email rejection from Furnival! One of the nicer rejection emails 'standard so high' etc etc!

ReputationRep:
    A friend said they got an email rejection from Furnival this morning. Seems they will let us know either way!

Edit: Just checked my junk and have a rejection from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by third time lucky)
    not sure if this is common knowledge already, but i just rang Holborn Chambers and the clerk thinks that chambers has already sifted applications. so looks like RBS, unless anyone got an express rejection...
    Yeah I called them last week and they had already held their interviews, so deffo a rejection by silence set! So rude of them, this RBS stuff is just really starting to annoy me haha

ReputationRep:
    A friend said they got an email rejection from Furnival this morning. Seems they will let us know either way!

Edit: Just checked my junk and have a rejection from them.
    I've not got anything! I had some problems with submitting my application so one of the clerks was going to sort it for me. I hope this hasn't caused a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an email from Furnival too. So generic that there wasn't even the usual "dear applicant", just straight to the point "We regret to inform you that your application for pupillage at Furnival has not been successful." It's like they really couldn't be bothered, but at least it's not a silent rejection.

On a brighter note, got assessment day invite from CPS. You win some, you lose some.

ReputationRep:
    Emailed Thomas More. They said they will let everyone know this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PT78990)
    Does anyone have any experience of first round interview at 187 fleet street?
    Yes, it'll be brief - 10 mins, and in my experience, they are very pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    Emailed Thomas More. They said they will let everyone know this week.
    Thanks for this I was beginning to wonder!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.