The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 Watch

Pupilpower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by lulu_dudette)
Thanks for that. It was a set I was hoping would be positive for me. Congratulations to you. There are some lovely members in that set!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey it's all swings and roundabouts in the end. good luck with the others.
broeoutinsong
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fire_fairy91)
Rejection out after Cornwall Street second round yesterday.

I saw someone ask about New Park Court a few pages back- they've sent out invitations for second round but no date yet.

Does anyone know when we'll hear from Keating post first round?
RE: New Park- how did they send out the interviews and when if you don't mind me asking ? I actually thought the interview went okay, my gateway still says first interview😣
fire_fairy91
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by broeoutinsong)
RE: New Park- how did they send out the interviews and when if you don't mind me asking ? I actually thought the interview went okay, my gateway still says first interview😣
To confirm, I am talking about New Park Court in Leeds. It was a gateway email from Ellen Reid and my gateway status has changed to second interview. I was rejected post first round last year and remember it being very slow. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
charcoalfeathers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone had a rejection from Furnival? I'm waiting to hear either way.

Also rejection from CPS.
SFLaw
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Legally Bronde)
Thanks. I think they must have dished them all out. Another one bites the dust!
No idea if they have or not but I am still waiting for my final interview with them. I live overseas so interviewed via Skype for 2 interviews then they had technical difficulties at their end so my final interview is sometime this week. Doesn't mean they haven't already made offers I guess!!
lulu_dudette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by charcoalfeathers)

Also rejection from CPS.
I'm still waiting either way on furnival!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barr23
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SFLaw)
No idea if they have or not but I am still waiting for my final interview with them. I live overseas so interviewed via Skype for 2 interviews then they had technical difficulties at their end so my final interview is sometime this week. Doesn't mean they haven't already made offers I guess!!
Yes I was there when the Skype issue was going on. I remember feeling foolish for cancelling my flight to spain when someone could still interview from new zealand. lol.

I think this gives some reassurance, as it would be unethical for them to make all offers without completing the interview process with all candidates first. Also, I think there might have been 2 Skype interviews, as they interviewed 20, but only 18 attended at chambers. So presumably…..2 more Skype interviews to complete? I have some hope restored (clearly i'm desperately looking for reasons to stay positive).
Barr23
Report 2 years ago

Also rejection from CPS.
I've heard nothing from Furnival or CPS post video int.

The wait is the worst! #thisistorture
LegalCat
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No news from the CPS or 3PB post-interview yet. But I had my 3PB interview last Friday. Still waiting to hear from 42BR, 1GiS and some non-gateway applications.
Hopefully1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone else got an interview request from Furnival? Seems a bit odd late on a Sunday but wondering if they are still sending them out....? Or I'll be accepting it's a no!
TheGoblinHunter
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anybody heard from Keating post-first round?
third time lucky
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
not sure if this is common knowledge already, but i just rang Holborn Chambers and the clerk thinks that chambers has already sifted applications. so looks like RBS, unless anyone got an express rejection...
lawgirl1992
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi yeah I just got an email rejection from Furnival! One of the nicer rejection emails 'standard so high' etc etc!
charcoalfeathers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A friend said they got an email rejection from Furnival this morning. Seems they will let us know either way!

Edit: Just checked my junk and have a rejection from them.
lawgirl1992
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by third time lucky)
not sure if this is common knowledge already, but i just rang Holborn Chambers and the clerk thinks that chambers has already sifted applications. so looks like RBS, unless anyone got an express rejection...
Yeah I called them last week and they had already held their interviews, so deffo a rejection by silence set! So rude of them, this RBS stuff is just really starting to annoy me haha
lulu_dudette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A friend said they got an email rejection from Furnival this morning. Seems they will let us know either way!

Edit: Just checked my junk and have a rejection from them.
I've not got anything! I had some problems with submitting my application so one of the clerks was going to sort it for me. I hope this hasn't caused a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Barr23
Report 2 years ago
I got an email from Furnival too. So generic that there wasn't even the usual "dear applicant", just straight to the point "We regret to inform you that your application for pupillage at Furnival has not been successful." It's like they really couldn't be bothered, but at least it's not a silent rejection.

On a brighter note, got assessment day invite from CPS. You win some, you lose some.
charcoalfeathers
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Emailed Thomas More. They said they will let everyone know this week.
shestheone
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PT78990)
Does anyone have any experience of first round interview at 187 fleet street?
Yes, it'll be brief - 10 mins, and in my experience, they are very pleasant.
LegalLab
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Emailed Thomas More. They said they will let everyone know this week.
Thanks for this I was beginning to wonder!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

Yes, definitely (10)
9.9%
I'd like to think so (50)
49.5%
Ha! You must be kidding. (41)
40.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise