Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Edinburgh. It just says Business: Enforcement & Compliance.
    1320 external
    Has anyone else handed in their notice ?

ReputationRep:
    What is the starting salary for HO in croydon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gajman87)
    What is the starting salary for HO in croydon
    £33,388

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    wheres your location and what team?
    I will be based in Bham. i applied externally 1320/16 and it states business and compliance. you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    Has anyone been asked to work evenings/weekends and public holidays when necessary?
    I've been offered a role in CCO, 8-8 weekdays and 9-4 weekends. Gutted as I've worked flexi for the last 11 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Kim)
    due to the nature of the work, undertaking customer calls I have to be flexible outside of the contracted hours and may need to work evenings/weekends or public holidays when needed.

Think it might be a call centre. No i didn't get anything like, it wasn't mentioned in my email.
    It isn't call centre work. You may have to visit traders outside of normal working hours which is why they mention that part. Depends on which tax stream you're put into. I'm on ITSA and would do one visit a week at the most but you arrange a time with the trader that is convenient for both of you. VAT officers do more visits, up to three a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    It isn't call centre work. You may have to visit traders outside of normal working hours which is why they mention that part. Depends on which tax stream you're put into. I'm on ITSA and would do one visit a week at the most but you arrange a time with the trader that is convenient for both of you. VAT officers do more visits, up to three a week.
    Whats the differ3nce between CCO and business and compliance?

It doesnt tell me which department i am in. just states after 12 weeks i will get allocated a team.

And i think everyone will realise that it will be 8 - 8 and might include weekends. it states that in my current contract but never had to work weekends or until 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pukahontas)
    They have to put those hours in the contract now as there is a chance they could be on the phones for a month in January doing the SA peak or in July for the Tax Credits peak.

The TSP16s will be in the call centre in January helping... It has nicely been labelled as 'professional development'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keeleyvic)
    Yep me, not heard anything since sending off health declaration in September. Contacted an email address for update and was told documents are missing but I have to wait for the vacancy holder to get in touch...
    I'm 1667/16 as well. I also had an email asking for "missing documents" -even though I gave them all they asked for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc2710)
    I havent been advised of my working hours, where they in your offer email? Also, I didn't have the starter declaration attached to my email, did you all?
    I don't have the declaration either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    I don't have the declaration either
    Why would the starter declaration be attached ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Congly)
    I'm 1667/16 as well. I also had an email asking for "missing documents" -even though I gave them all they asked for
    How strange, wonder what these documents could be. I replied asking for contact details for said vacancy holder so I can contact them directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Why would the starter declaration be attached ?
    If you clicked on "next stage", you will have made the declarations then (tick boxes).

ReputationRep:
    How strange, wonder what these documents could be. I replied asking for contact details for said vacancy holder so I can contact them directly.
    I'm waiting for 1666/16 (tsp 16 reserve tranche) and after several emails I got a response saying they're missing my proof of residency (?!). I took my passport to the AC so not sure what's happened but I now have to wait for another email from the vacancy holder. I've not been asked to bring anything else in since my provisional offer so bit baffled by it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDW87)
    I'm waiting for 1666/16 (tsp 16 reserve tranche) and after several emails I got a response saying they're missing my proof of residency (?!). I took my passport to the AC so not sure what's happened but I now have to wait for another email from the vacancy holder. I've not been asked to bring anything else in since my provisional offer so bit baffled by it all.
    I'm 1667/16 from tsp too. I've got a feeling the guy who was sorting my documents may have messed something up because I brought in everything I was asked for its just whether he took correct copies of them!
    Do you have to wait for the vacancy holder to get in touch to see what you have to do with your passport? I'm assuming they won't just let you send a copy of your passport! I won't be amused if I have to take whatever this missing document is to the office, bit of a pain to get to just to take something in

ReputationRep:
    It says in the email to bring the attached starter declaration on your first day

ReputationRep:
    FYI those 8-8 contracts plus weekends, are the new standard contracts across most civil service departments now. The DWP has a similar one. They can only make you work one saturday a month and one late per week, as standard, so dont worry. Obviously, it does depend on your role..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    It says in the email to bring the attached starter declaration on your first day
    It doesn't say it in mine I don't think...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 1667/16 from tsp too. I've got a feeling the guy who was sorting my documents may have messed something up because I brought in everything I was asked for its just whether he took correct copies of them!
    Do you have to wait for the vacancy holder to get in touch to see what you have to do with your passport? I'm assuming they won't just let you send a copy of your passport! I won't be amused if I have to take whatever this missing document is to the office, bit of a pain to get to just to take something in
    They just said my candidate pack is incomplete and proof of residency is required. They said they've forwarded my email to the business to answer my query.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    I will be based in Bham. i applied externally 1320/16 and it states business and compliance. you?
    mine states business and compliance too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.