The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that schools contact Oxbridge students the day before results day to tell them to get on early for photos/press if they have met their offer? I know for a fact my school wants me to do a newspaper thing (got asked in May) so do you think I should be expecting to be contacted by my school on 17th as long as I have met my offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Have any NatScis started that maths work lol?

I don't ever intend to unless I meet my offer
    I haven't even received any lol

(Original post by C0balt)
    Some colleges give them out after results I think, you should get them then

ReputationRep:
    same here

(Original post by Insight314)
    Is it true that schools contact Oxbridge students the day before results day to tell them to get on early for photos/press if they have met their offer? I know for a fact my school wants me to do a newspaper thing (got asked in May) so do you think I should be expecting to be contacted by my school on 17th as long as I have met my offer?
    Depends on your school, they might ask you to come in/come in earlier

With me, it'll be a massive hint if they ask me to go in because people don't usually go in for results lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    same here
    Depends on College. Churchill gives out so many offers (compared to the average of 13 or whatever that they accept) for maths so I am not surprised I haven't received anything yet. We probably gonna get something after results day (hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    Depends on your school, they might ask you to come in/come in earlier

With me, it'll be a massive hint if they ask me to go in because people don't usually go in for results lol
    Everyone needs to be in school for results day, it is a small school.

I feel like contacting me the day before about going in earlier for press is 100% indicator of meeting my offer, since I was asked about it a few months ago and it was dependent on meeting my offer.

I hope that is the case since I am just so impatient to find out how I did.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on College. Churchill gives out so many offers (compared to the average of 13 or whatever that they accept) for maths so I am not surprised I haven't received anything yet. We probably gonna get something after results day (hopefully).
    Loool hopefully, I have done absolutely no Maths practice over the holidays so I need it (especially FP3 stuff because that just went right over my head when we learnt it) :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    Loool hopefully, I have done absolutely no Maths practice over the holidays so I need it (especially FP3 stuff because that just went right over my head when we learnt it) :rofl:
    Good that at least you've taken FP3.

I presume you are taking the Physical NatSci route? If that is so, Michaelmas term would include some linear algebra and it is not that difficult, especially if you have been introduced to FP3. I don't think any A-level student understands the FP3 module completely, since the content is so much undegraduate linear algebra that most of the theorems are not even proven when they are taught. Like, why the hell does the Cayley-Hamilton theorem work? (rhetorical question, ok Mathmos?)

ReputationRep:
    Good that at least you've taken FP3.

I presume you are taking the Physical NatSci route? If that is so, Michaelmas term would include some linear algebra and it is not that difficult, especially if you have been introduced to FP3. I don't think any A-level student understands the FP3 module completely, since the content is so much undegraduate linear algebra that most of the theorems are not even proven when they are taught. Like, why the hell does the Cayley-Hamilton theorem work? (rhetorical question, ok Mathmos?)
    Yeah, Phys Natsci. I hated further maths last year but I think I will be grateful for it at uni! We had to fit FP3 in such a short amount of time as well but vectors and matrices were relatively enjoyable so the Maths module should be okay then (if I get in) :P

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 569874

When is Cambridge gonna give us accounts? Obviously after results day, but I need it before term starts since I want to get the discount when buying a MacBook. Also, how much is that discount usually?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    15%

ReputationRep:
    Have any NatScis started that maths work lol?

I don't ever intend to unless I meet my offer
    There was maths work 😳?!?! My holidays have consisted of watching films and getting drunk.

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to share these papers with other people like me.

ReputationRep:
    That name's badass tho

Owain Glyndŵr – less said about the Wrexham bit the better, they've only just started to include it in the name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)

Owain Glyndŵr – less said about the Wrexham bit the better, they've only just started to include it in the name.
    Did you watch that documentary on welsh people gaining admission to oxbridge and some homeless guy got in aswell.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A question for those of you who sat edexcel unit 4 econ. On q.4c on why the cedi has depreciated against the dollar, is it valid to say that slower econ growth in Ghana (point 1) and IMF tied restrictions from its bailout lowering future growth prospects and thus fdi (point 2) fine as 2 separate, valid points? The second point isn't on the mark scheme so am unsure if I'll get capped for 1 valid point. (What would the cap be if I were to be capped)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sikhanddestroy)
    A question for those of you who sat edexcel unit 4 econ. On q.4c on why the cedi has depreciated against the dollar, is it valid to say that slower econ growth in Ghana (point 1) and IMF tied restrictions from its bailout lowering future growth prospects and thus fdi (point 2) fine as 2 separate, valid points? The second point isn't on the mark scheme so am unsure if I'll get capped for 1 valid point. (What would the cap be if I were to be capped)
    The cedi depreciated vs the dollar because Mars was between Venus and Gemini, while the moon was in the 4th decile. The rest just follows from extending the karmic fields to the quantum vibration length.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    The cedi depreciated vs the dollar because Mars was between Venus and Gemini, while the moon was in the 4th decile. The rest just follows from extending the karmic fields to the quantum vibration length.
    Yep,yeh.
    I agree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One week left!

ReputationRep:
    When ur insurance sends u emails about joining them soon:

Attachment 569820
    Lol. 😆
    Feel bad too on my end as I decided to reject em.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 16, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.