Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.H.A.N™)
    An 'A' is predicted to be around 135 marks ish (predicted by my mum whom is a head of maths at Manchester grammar) so 88ish marks but to be sure aim higher.
    I think 135 would be unlikely as that's the highest it's ever been. I think more around 130 would be reasonable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This test is actually decent, i'm going to be so screwed next year when I sit the the new 9-1 specification..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iMacJack)
    If anyone is struggling with a question, tell me the details of the question and I'll provide an answer for you to stop ye debating (hopefully)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    for one answer -5m+10 i changed to 10-5m would i still get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revathyvk)
    for one answer -5m+10 i changed to 10-5m would i still get the marks
    Yes you will get full marks for that question since they are basically the same expressions.

ReputationRep:
    what would 167/200 get me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmeralda123)
    what would 167/200 get me?
    Most definitely an A*. Unless paper 2 is extremely easy, which I highly doubt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Most definitely an A*. Unless paper 2 is extremely easy, which I highly doubt.
    What do you think the grade boundaries for an A* would be, if the calculator paper was easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmeralda123)
    What do you think the grade boundaries for an A* would be, if the calculator paper was easy?
    The highest they've been in the last few years for our specification is 169/200 for an A*, I don't think they would be anything above that, and judging by this paper although it was surprisingly easy compared to last year's some people still found it hard, so I highly doubt they would be 169/200, they will definitely be higher than last year's though as 155/200(last year's grade boundaries) for an A* is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    The highest they've been in the last few years for our specification is 169/200 for an A*, I don't think they would be anything above that, and judging by this paper although it was surprisingly easy compared to last year's some people still found it hard, so I highly doubt they would be 169/200, they will definitely be higher than last year's though as 155/200(last year's grade boundaries) for an A* is a joke.
    I think 166 maximum for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucofthewoods)
    I think 166 maximum for an A*
    Yeah, it most probably will be that.

ReputationRep:
    i jus wanna get this paper over n done with..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    i jus wanna get this paper over n done with..
    trust me 2 lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by junayd1998)
    trust me 2 lmao
    hw u been lately anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MezmorisedPotato)
    Yes you will get full marks for that question since they are basically the same expressions.
    thank u!!!!

ReputationRep:
    hw u been lately anyway?
    yh iv been good, just wanna get these exams done with now. Hbu?

ReputationRep:
    yh iv been good, just wanna get these exams done with now. Hbu?
    alright, not been getting much sleep tho :/
    but today i woke up at 1pm so im happy now ahah

i think everyone feels like that now, theres only wht like 2 and a bit weeks left, its going 2 fast (thats a gd thing lol)
    got history tomorro :/ gna fail tht but tbh idc, as long as i get goood grades in the core subjects im happy

ReputationRep:
    alright, not been getting much sleep tho :/
    but today i woke up at 1pm so im happy now ahah

i think everyone feels like that now, theres only wht like 2 and a bit weeks left, its going 2 fast (thats a gd thing lol)
    got history tomorro :/ gna fail tht but tbh idc, as long as i get goood grades in the core subjects im happy
    Thats good, sleep is important. Histroy sounds dead im trying revise for english lang but man english is so boring and i think im gonna flop it.

ReputationRep:
    Thats good, sleep is important. Histroy sounds dead im trying revise for english lang but man english is so boring and i think im gonna flop it.
    trust me it is dead..the problem wid me is tht ik like the theory, like what happened, who was there but its just dates.. :/

eng lang is probs the easiest exam for me tbh (on tuesday 4 me) i enjoy it lol, i got an a* in my mock yet my teacher predicted me a flippin D and was close to putting me on foundation!! so if u need help im here

and ur not gna flop it, ok?

ReputationRep:
    trust me it is dead..the problem wid me is tht ik like the theory, like what happened, who was there but its just dates.. :/

eng lang is probs the easiest exam for me tbh (on tuesday 4 me) i enjoy it lol, i got an a* in my mock yet my teacher predicted me a flippin D and was close to putting me on foundation!! so if u need help im here

and ur not gna flop it, ok?
    Ah im sure you will be fine dont worry about it too much.

Yh mines on tues also AQA right? Im doing higher. An A* wow that is really good.
    looool im gonna fail so hard im awful at english, il be happy if i scrape a C, our teacher tolds us the timings like q1 spend 12 mins etc but man i take so long and I'm just all over the place.

ReputationRep:
    Ah im sure you will be fine dont worry about it too much.

Yh mines on tues also AQA right? Im doing higher. An A* wow that is really good.
    looool im gonna fail so hard im awful at english, il be happy if i scrape a C, our teacher tolds us the timings like q1 spend 12 mins etc but man i take so long and I'm just all over the place.
    thanks
    na im doing wjec but i can still help? it cant be that different?
    same, and when i get to the last question im legit rushing it :/
    keep ur own timings, dw about wht the teacher says, do it based on how u feel u can do it

and you'll be fine, jus get some revision done yh? oh pls if u srs need help pm me init?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.