Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryblossoming)
    I'm sure you'll do great, good luck!

Also don't let me put you off, 4 A*s and 4 As is really great. Half my friends group would kill for those grades lmao

As for the expectation of a B grade, I honestly think I got a B in Drama. Tbh I would be fine with it ultimately, albeit reluctantly, because it is what it is. I'm more scared about how I'm going to explain to my dad that I got a B in something smh
    Thanks, good luck to you, too. What will you be doing at A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwmyname)
    Hey guys
    For anyone taking AQA GCSE Sciences (Biology Chemistry Physics) I have compiled a list of past grade boundaries so you can see how the boundaries have varied from year to year.
    Thank you so much for this! It's nice that you're treating us as special as the A-Levellers are being treated. It's also nice to see a good layout of GBs

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did RS short course and, I'm quite scared. I dont think that it went badly but Im just hoping for a mark higher than the one I got in my mock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Im_trying)
    Thank so much! Yeah if I get Cs I will be very happy! I would really work hard in year 11 it's worth it, I found it really hard to work as I didn't work at all in year 10. Every Monday and Wednesday I would stay till 7pm just doing maths (only in April, May and June) but at least I will be able to say I did my best:-) you will be fine! Are you doing those new GCSE things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup. My year group is the first to sit the new cohort of GCSEs in English Language, Literature and Maths, apparently. Thanks, by the way. Good luck for Thursday!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank so much! Yeah if I get Cs I will be very happy! I would really work hard in year 11 it's worth it, I found it really hard to work as I didn't work at all in year 10. Every Monday and Wednesday I would stay till 7pm just doing maths (only in April, May and June) but at least I will be able to say I did my best:-) you will be fine! Are you doing those new GCSE things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, good luck for Thursday. Thanks for the advice. And yup, my year group is the first to sit the new cohort in English Language & Literature and Maths, apperently. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oops, didn't realise my comment had posted twice. Sorry for that, everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not opening my results with friends, I'll sneak my envelope to a little secluded corner and open them alone :-)

Also doing English Lit, History and Media Studies for A-Level in September :-)

ReputationRep:
    All my friends just text me and they wanna open them together. I just don't feel like opening them in front of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twhiddy)
    Not opening my results with friends, I'll sneak my envelope to a little secluded corner and open them alone :-)

Same there is no chance that I am opening with anyone else, infact i'm even a little put off by the fact that the teachers may know your grades😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlevelBiologist)
    Same there is no chance that I am opening with anyone else, infact i'm even a little put off by the fact that the teachers may know your grades😂
    My friends want to open them together as a group but no way am I doing that haha! I know, apparently they give you small looks at the door (indicating they know your grades) which sounds scary :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, good luck to you, too. What will you be doing at A level?
    Thanks! I'll be doing Maths, French, English Lit and History. I'm guessing one of your A-Levels is Biology?

ReputationRep:
    My friends want to open them together as a group but no way am I doing that haha! I know, apparently they give you small looks at the door (indicating they know your grades) which sounds scary :gasp:
    I hope not 😨 My school makes us wait until 11:00 to get our results too!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! I'll be doing Maths, French, English Lit and History. I'm guessing one of your A-Levels is Biology?
    Indeed it is 😂, with Chemistry, Geography & hopefully critical thinking if I meet the entry requirements 😊 (My school want 8 A/A*s for it)

And you sure have a real mix of subjects there!

ReputationRep:

Yeah I'm taking my results home and opening them in my bedroom

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm taking my results home and opening them in my bedroom

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good idea!!

I hope not 😨 My school makes us wait until 11:00 to get our results too!
    Really? 9am is when they hand out ours!!

English Lit and History? Sameee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    Anyone else feel that they are going to be majorly disappointed on results day? There's so many factors that could go wrong, examiners missing out questions, examiners in a bad mood, not being able to read handwriting, not saying the correct word that was needed for the mark. Damn, I'm getting stressed out while typing this.

Sorry if I just increase you guys' worry by like 20X lol.
    I'm worried about them not being able to read my handwriting!! it's really narrow so sometimes letters can look like other letters but I didn't let myself get stressed out so I made sure my writing was actually illegible lmao

ReputationRep:
    what time do the grade boundaries come out??

ReputationRep:
    what time are the grade boundaries released?

ReputationRep:
    To people talking about teachers knowing our grades, they most probably do, if your subject teachers have chosen to look at them. I heard that they are accessible to them from 6 am, (unsure if that's true, I just read on another thread) and that absolutely terrifys me. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloechurcher)
    To people talking about teachers knowing our grades, they most probably do, if your subject teachers have chosen to look at them. I heard that they are accessible to them from 6 am, (unsure if that's true, I just read on another thread) and that absolutely terrifys me. :getmecoat:
    Yes, my maths teacher told me she gets the results 6am on 25th

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.