The I-SOC (Islamic Society) XIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    It is reported that Ibrahim ibn Adham (may Allah have mercy on him) once passed through the market of Basrah. People gathered around him and asked: O Abû Ishâq, Allâh the Exalted says in his Book. ‘Call on me, I will answer your prayers’, but we have been calling on Him for a long time and He does not answer our prayers.

(Ibrahim) replied, “O people of Basrah, your hearts have died in respect to ten things:

First, you know Allâh but you do not give Him His rights; Second, you have read Allâh’s Book but you do not act by it; Third, you claim to love Allâh’s Messenger – Allâh’s peace and blessings be upon him – yet you abandon his Sunnah; Fourth, you claim to be enemies to Shaytân but you conform to [his ways]; Fifth, you say you love Paradise yet you do not work for it; Sixth, you say you fear The Fire yet you put yourselves closer to it [by sinning]; Seventh, you say death is true but you do not prepare for it; Eighth, you busy yourselves with the faults of others and disregard your own; Ninth, you consume the favors of your Lord but are not grateful for them; and Tenth, you bury your dead but take no lesson from them.”

(Abu Nu’aym, Hilyah Al-Awliya’ 8: 15, 16.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlifunArnab)
    Asalaamualaykum bro, how are things?
    Wa alaikum al-salaam, I'm good alhamdulilah.
    How are you

ReputationRep:
    Assalamu alaykum

Hope you're all doing well.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, with all due respect I think we are welcoming and friendly to most people. But if people quote videos of little Muslim girls injured in hospital with proclamations of "long live Assad" to show their joy at such a scene, I don't see why we should tolerate such an opinion or any similar opinions uttered by the same individual in future.

I gave the above example because I'm assuming you made your post because of me. I got a post removed where I quoted someone, the same someone who mocked the little girl in hospital, where they argued that they supported Bashar and it was a 'difference of opinion' and my response to them wasn't too kind. The timing of my post's removal correlates with your post appearing so I think you made it because of our argument.

I fully respect the work the moderator team does and I'm not going to complain about my post being removed. But how can you expect us to tolerate such a person as the one I described above? It's similar to asking the Jewish society to accept a neo-nazi.

I hope you have a great day too!
    This is simply not true, i was NOT joyful or celebrating the death of another human being in any shape or form, i'm sure i've made my position clear before!

There is nothing wrong with supporting the legitimate government of a sovereign nation, even if you disagree, that's ok!

I am not going yo change my opinion on this matter just because you or anyone else don't like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasharAssad)
    This is simply not true, i was NOT joyful or celebrating the death of another human being in any shape or form, i'm sure i've made my position clear before!

There is nothing wrong with supporting the legitimate government of a sovereign nation, even if you disagree, that's ok!

I am not going yo change my opinion on this matter just because you or anyone else don't like it.
    It's very much true. You had a chance to backtrack but your reply to Ash92 said it all, something along the lines of "I stand by my words". Please don't try to pretend otherwise simply because someone is now heavily scrutinizing your posts.

Theres everything wrong with supporting a murderous regime which has been heavily involved in rape, murder and torture.

In any case, if your opinion includes supporting people who massacre Muslims, it won't be welcome here and will be denounced.

ReputationRep:
    It's very much true. You had a chance to backtrack but your reply to Ash92 said it all, something along the lines of "I stand by my words". Please don't try to pretend otherwise simply because someone is heavily scrutinizing your posts.

Theres everything wrong with supporting a murderous regime which has been heavily involved in rape, murder and torture.

In any case, if your opinion includes supporting people who massacre Muslims, it won't be welcome here and will be denounced.
    Nope. And i still stand by original statement. Supporting Assad =/= Supporting murder, don't twist things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Wa alaikum al-salaam, I'm good alhamdulilah.
    How are you
    Doing OK alhamdulillah.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. And i still stand by original statement. Supporting Assad =/= Supporting murder, don't twist things.
    It does mean supporting murder.

ReputationRep:
    It does mean supporting murder.
    Alright whatever floats your boat.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leukocyte)
    Assalamu alaykum

Hope you're all doing well.
    Wa alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

This appears to be a point of contention between several of us.
    It's very much true. You had a chance to backtrack but your reply to Ash92 said it all, something along the lines of "I stand by my words". Please don't try to pretend otherwise simply because someone is now heavily scrutinizing your posts.

I request that you both discontinue this discussion here. If this discussion is to be had within the realms of moderation by CT, I'd be happy to contribute and try to help clear the air.

(Original post by Queen Cersei)
    I hope this quote works, manually typed on my phone

ReputationRep:
    Islamic reform is the need of the Hour. However, this is not reform in the sense of reforming the religion, rather it is reform in the sense of reforming the followers of the religion and the place that it holds in our hearts and minds.
    Until Allah is our foremost desire, we will continue to seek that which displeases him for the sake of our own pleasure. Until we understand the maqaasid (goals) of Islamic principles and rulings, we will continue to see it as some outdated, regressive set of dry instructions. Until we seek to understand the Qur'an and reflect on it and how it relates to us individually, we will continue to be content merely with listening to recitation as we listen to music, not allowing the words to penetrate past our ears to settle in our hearts, being estranged to pondering on the meaning and deriving its fruits. Until we do not realise the conciseness and compassion of the character of Rasoolullah ﷺ, we will continue to find role models in the darkest depths of today's materialistic, corrupt and indecent society.
    These are things that we need to not only take on board ourselves, rather we also need to inspire this in others. Inspiration is key; telling someone to do something is not the same as planting a seed of love and awe in their heart and guiding them with regards to how it can grow and flourish.

This is a reminder that I am in need of myself, first and foremostly.

May Allah ta'ala bless us with tawfeeq

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Salaam alaykum

hope you're all well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    - They get vexed if you say Nanak (their first Guru) was a Muslim; only say it if you want some extra troll points.
    was he muslim?

- If you are in a Gurdwara, keep your head covered and your feet not pointed towards the front - they get annoyed with that.
    how do you ensure your feet aren't pointed towards the front?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/...55696471144585

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/0...134637232.html

Residents speak of onslaught as Syrian army jets launch more than 150 air strikes, killing at least 90 people.

Syrian army jets have launched more than 150 air strikes on eastern Aleppo in the last 24 hours, killing at least 90 people in the northern city and its countryside, according to residents.

The latest raids on Friday, part of a new Syrian government offensive to recapture rebel-held parts of Aleppo, destroyed emergency service structures, as well as underground shelters used by civilians to hide from bombings.
    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raijoon

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/doamuslims/...55793891134843

I don't think we give some oppressed Muslims such as the Rohingya enough support or coverage.

ReputationRep:
    assalaamu alaikum ISOCers, just wanted to send some

ReputationRep:
    Wasalam to all

It's half five and no one has given a surah Kahf reminder yet :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.