Philosophy Applications 2010 Watch

missmourk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Louisa_D)
haha thanks, loadsa people i know have heard (not for philo tho) my first offer at least someone wants me? I also have a UCL open day too (got that today) YAY
and gimmie my offer back!!
Hey Louisa_D, I also just got an Open Day invite from UCL! Can't wait!!! Is yours on the 17th too?
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Aberdeen offer through, SORTED.
Afrotortina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lightburns)
Was your personal statement good? Were your subjects decent subjects?

If so, don't worry! Nottingham gave me an offer of ABC for philosophy, so you should get an offer from them with your AAC unless you have something really wrong somewhere else. I don't know about Nottingham. It may be that neither of them have sorted out the unconditional offers yet.
If they didn't want you, they could have rejected you. They haven't, so no need to panic!
I got A in Religious Studies, A in Business Studies and C in English Lit... so hopefully they'll accept that! It seems that all the conditional offers are done first, I thought it would be the other way round, checking Track ALL the time!!

I hope my personal statement went ok... I began saying what a dynamic partnership Philosophy and Theology are...or something like that...
zakcohen
Report 9 years ago
Does anybody know if UCL give out all their offers for open days in one batch??
sent off my ucas on the 5th and not heard anything back
lightburns
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
York!

I Got York!

Aab!

York!
popcornmaster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jasmine90)
Ive applied for V500 Philosophy at Edinburgh, Liverpool, Newcastle, Nottingham and Leeds.

Recieved offers from Liverpool and Leeds so far, both conditional ABB, the rest are still pending.
And Ive got 2 Bs already and doing a 3rd year and hoping to end up with AABB.
Philosophy - V500
Applying to:
Edinburgh
KCL
Liverpool
Leeds
Stirling

Sending it off tonight hopefully
I already have ABBC hope to improve in my re-sits to AABC (in philosophy itself)
I'm reassured that Leeds/Liverpool have offered places that I already have the grades for. Couldn't deal with more rejection this year :|
Histrionics
Report 9 years ago
Hiii! I've had a break from TSR to get on with my UCAS. It's all done and I've had an offer from Aberdeen now. Waiting on Durham, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Nottingham.

I just was wondering, has anyone who applied to Nottingham had a confirmation letter/email? I never got one. I know some universities just don't send them out, but they were the only uni not to confirm, and I get antsy easily xD
lightburns
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Histrionics)
Hiii! I've had a break from TSR to get on with my UCAS. It's all done and I've had an offer from Aberdeen now. Waiting on Durham, Edinburgh, St Andrews and Nottingham.

I just was wondering, has anyone who applied to Nottingham had a confirmation letter/email? I never got one. I know some universities just don't send them out, but they were the only uni not to confirm, and I get antsy easily xD
Yes, I have an acknowledgment from Nottingham.

Sheffield never sent an acknowledgment, but I soon got an offer. My friend who applied to I think English and Philosophy did get an acknowledgment from Sheffield.. Hm. It's probably nothing to worry about, but if you don't get anything back in a few days, maybe check they got it?
jasmine90
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Histrionics)

Hi, I never recieved a confirmation/acknowledgment letter/email from nottingham but i got an offer from them. Dont worry about it!
Histrionics
Report 9 years ago
Thanks guys, you've settled my mind a lot. I don't actually know what I was worried was gonna happen; I mean, it's not as if I'm going to get a phonecall from a UCASman saying "Uhh, we kinda forgot to give your app to Nottingham. But good luck with the rest of your applications! "

I clearly worry too much. Thanks again!
Sam o0o
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Offer from Sheffield today woop
Histrionics
Report 9 years ago
Ha... I got an offer from Nottingham. I need to stop worrying about everything xD
janeh5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have applied to:

Leeds, Lancaster, Nottingham, Birmingham and UWE.

I'm predicted ABB, which would you say is the best to go to (providing I get offers!) :p:
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by janeh5)
I have applied to:

Leeds, Lancaster, Nottingham, Birmingham and UWE.

I'm predicted ABB, which would you say is the best to go to (providing I get offers!) :p:
For me, the "best" in terms of all round experience would be Leeds and Nottingham respectively.
bj_945
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alexterry)
For me, the "best" in terms of all round experience would be Leeds and Nottingham respectively.
I would agree. Birmingham's good too.

Nottingham's probably the best of the 5.
Devil in Your Details
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Missed the deadline for Oxford and Cambridge, so have applied to;

Durham (St. Cuthbert's) - interview
Warwick - unconditional
York - unconditional
St Andrews - unconditional
Nottingham - no reply

I'm not sure why I put any additional choices, as if I don't get into Durham off the back of my interview, I'll be taking a year out and applying to Cambridge.
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Devil in Your Details)
Missed the deadline for Oxford and Cambridge, so have applied to;

Durham (St. Cuthbert's) - interview
Warwick - unconditional
York - unconditional
St Andrews - unconditional
Nottingham - no reply

I'm not sure why I put any additional choices, as if I don't get into Durham off the back of my interview, I'll be taking a year out and applying to Cambridge.
Are you already doing Law?
Warwick and York unconditionals... well done sir!
Devil in Your Details
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alexterry)
Are you already doing Law?
Warwick and York unconditionals... well done sir!
Yes, I am currently doing Law at Northumbria, but I'm withdrawing as the university is just the worst thing.

Almost 400 undergraduates per year and about 40 people to a seminar group, with more seminars and lectures cancelled without notice than you could shake a stick at. I can't even begin to describe how bad it is, even though I enjoy the course.

And thanks. :yes:
Ludwig Wittgenstein
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Devil in Your Details)
Yes, I am currently doing Law at Northumbria, but I'm withdrawing as the university is just the worst thing.

Almost 400 undergraduates per year and about 40 people to a seminar group, with more seminars and lectures cancelled without notice than you could shake a stick at. I can't even begin to describe how bad it is, even though I enjoy the course.

And thanks. :yes:
wow that sucks...
how come you decided to pursue philosophy?
QED
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Because philosophy is :coma:, obviously.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (213)
39.3%
No - but I will (38)
7.01%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.64%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (255)
47.05%

Watched Threads