Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, Obama's election alone did more for goodwill towards America (and thus improve peace worldwide) than anything else for the last 20 years or so.

So pretty much the sheer hatred of one man (Bush) brought about enough support for another man (Obama) thus bringing relative peace to the world.

Jeez, the war is still not over and Obama is ramping up the battle in Afghanistan. This is not a 'peace' President.

The man can't even bring us true health reform! He keeps comprimising. The Public Option WAS supposed to be the compromise with the insurance companies (not sure why he's even doing that, it goes to show you who is really in charge) and even that might be left out of the bill!

It's strange that as scales back more and more the provisions of the bill, the more Republicans that support it! Meaning the more and more friendly the Bill gets to the insurance companies the more the GOP and another conservatives support it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Haha already did that mate. Dude I think you should win a Nobel Peace Prize if you actually accomplish something big - not if you try really, really hard and don't get very far.

But we are straying away from the main point, that this is not some Western award, only given to westerners. I don't think Obama should have won the award - but his success is not indicative of some western conspiracy.

I never said it was a western conspiracy. It's actually a jewish conspiracy. 25% of all nobel prizes have been won by jews yet they make up less that 0.25% of the worlds population. CONSPIRACY.

*disclaimer: I'm joking (about it being a conspiracy) and I'm jew...ish*

ALSO: I think you'll find the point of the nobel prize is often for those who have 'tried really, really hard'.

Did mother teresa end poverty in calcutta? Did she even get very far? no. This is pretty much the case for most nobel prize winners. What they have done however is TRIED. not intended to try but actually gone out there and done it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielf90)
    I never said it was a western conspiracy. It's actually a jewish conspiracy. 25% of all nobel prizes have been won by jews yet they make up less that 0.25% of the worlds population. CONSPIRACY.

*disclaimer: I'm joking (about it being a conspiracy) and I'm jew...ish*

ALSO: I think you'll find the point of the nobel prize is often for those who have 'tried really, really hard'.

Did mother teresa end poverty in calcutta? Did she even get very far? no. This is pretty much the case for most nobel prize winners. What they have done however is TRIED. not intended to try but actually gone out there and done it!
    Mother Teresa tried really, really hard and actually got somewhere - Tsvangarai didnt get too far. Not only that but if Tsvangarai was to have gotten the peace prize he would have been raped by Mugabe. The award is not for those that only try really hard, it is for those that are successful. No chemist is going to get the Chemistry award for trying really hard to come up with something and failing.

Ye don't worry I know you are jewish, its not our fault that we are so good at life...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I almost feel sorry for Obama, because this is going to harm him politically. This whole fiasco makes him look like a complete joke. It just highlights that he is a do-nothing and it gives fuel to his political opponents who dismissed him as Europe's ***** and as a celebrity playing at politics. It couldn't have come at a worse time, just when he was making a decision about whether to send more soldiers to Afghanistan, per McChrystal's recommendations.

ReputationRep:
    He is so overrated and what has he exactly done to win this prize?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Personally thinking: it is a bit irony to Noble Obama the peace prize while his army are still fighting the war in middle Asia for how long? 8 years?

ReputationRep:
    I got negative rep for being critical of Obama getting the Nobel peace prize, but it turns out I'm in the majority. Only 22% of Americans think he deserved to get the prize...which is about 22% higher than it should be.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.