Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    Convenient for you then isn't it?

when nick griffin moves into number 10, then i will just possibly take what you say seriously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Ooooh! Let's play the picture game:

That's a man supposedly Mohammed with a device that wasn't around 1400 years and for some reason he has it on his head..... eh

whereas mine is an accurate representation of you

by the way did you contact your MP about the plight of Afghani women?
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Because, in this case, barbarism is born out of Islam. You cannot excuse this saying it's merely "culture" because, often, religion and culture are inextricably bound.

And erm, no. I don't care if there are arabs in Britain.

then why oh why have you made this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    when nick griffin moves into number 10, then i will just possibly take what you say seriously
    My point couldn't have been proven more explicitly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naffy)
    Erm The Jewish Holocaust only happened 60 years ago and what about the killings of the serbs, but you did say 'kinda' stopped.

And the only muslim inflicted genocide in the last 100 years, were pakistanis killing bengalis, and that was muslim against muslim.
    Darfur? Rwanda? Biafra(you probably havent heard of it)?
    I never knew Hitler was killing Jews and disabled people in order to create a more Christian society. I thought he had a slightly different motivation...
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Point proven.

"i'm only saying what everybody else is thinking"

ReputationRep:
    then why oh why have you made this thread?
    I ADMIT IT. I'M BLATANTLY RACIST BECAUSE I MADE A THREAD ON ISLAM.

There, go rejoice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    That's a man supposedly Mohammed with a device that wasn't around 1400 years and for some reason he has it on his head..... eh

whereas mine is an accurate representation of you

by the way did you contact your MP about the plight of Afghani women?
    :rofl:
    I really didn't expect you to gage the idea of figurative representation or symbolism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbrowneyes)
    Darfur? Rwanda? Biafra(you probably havent heard of it)?
    I never knew Hitler was killing Jews and disabled people in order to create a more Christian society. I thought he had a slightly different motivation...
    :confused:
    I fail to see that Darfur is a genocide

ReputationRep:
    "i'm only saying what everybody else is thinking"
    You mean that you'd deliberately utilise criticism of a faith as an excuse to pull out the ever so potent race card? Yes. Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    lol at american bringing communism into it

what do you call the crusades, the american conquest of the 'wild' west?.....segregation, apartheid? oh look, that was white people, and half of it Americans
    lol at whatever you are, bringing my nationality into it.

This isn't about who's committed atrocities, it's about whether those atrocities are barbaric or "just culture." Things like this prove that barbarism exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I ADMIT IT. I'M BLATANTLY RACIST BECAUSE I MADE A THREAD ON ISLAM.

There, go rejoice!

lol i never actually called you racist, i just wanted to see how you'd react to the implication

but why bother otherwise? you posted a set of statistics that, true or otherwise, were going to be controversial in that they portray muslims negatively

would you have dared post that if the word 'muslim' was 'black'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delta Usafa)
    lol at whatever you are, bringing my nationality into it.

This isn't about who's committed atrocities, it's about whether those atrocities are barbaric or "just culture." Things like this prove that barbarism exists.

im just wondering if your one of these americans who thinks 'the government option' = communism

ReputationRep:
    lol i never actually called you racist, i just wanted to see how you'd react to the implication

but why bother otherwise? you posted a set of statistics that, true or otherwise, were going to be controversial in that they portray muslims negatively

So what if it's "controversial"? I'm not going to not post something because it may offend people. Religion, like politics, is a set of beliefs, and I have every right to criticise it as such. I don't see why you're making a comparison to racism.

ReputationRep:
    You mean that you'd deliberately utilise criticism of a faith as an excuse to pull out the ever so potent race card? Yes. Indeed.
    i mean that racists/homophobes/BNP supporters shouldn't be taken seriously

ReputationRep:
    i mean that racists/homophobes/BNP supporters shouldn't be taken seriously
    You mean Muslims? Indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    So what if it's "controversial"? I'm not going to not post something because it may offend people. Religion, like politics, is a set of beliefs, and I have every right to criticise it as such. I don't see why you're making a comparison to racism.

but why did you post it? why did you feel the need to criticise it? what's your agenda?

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the OP on this one... I read that snippet of a book a while ago, and it certainly matches up. Not only does it reflect their behaviour now but also in the past. It is quite clear where it is all heading.

ReputationRep:

Excellent point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    You mean Muslims? Indeed.

well thats generalisation, you could say the same about christians and jews....

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.