Has anybody heard from their medical schools yet? Or still too early?.. Watch

This discussion is closed.
Failure By Design
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jazzyyazzy6)
Though people might be interested to know that I emailed Bristol, Leicester, Cambridge and King's about how the postal strike is going to affect applicant finding out interview dates. All but Leicester said that they will send out emails before letters, so it shouldn't affect us. Leicester are going to review the situation when they start making offers of interview.

ALSO
I know around when I should be hearing from unis:
Leicester- interview between November to February, sending out letter from start of Nov
Bristol- Just said that they ahven't sent out any correspondance as yet, but sent me a list of dates from Novemebr to March when they'll be interviewing
King's- Might have to wait until APRIL!!!! (Almost died when I read that)
Cambridge- Everyone knows thats November to January

Hope this has helped some people
Hi!
Just a question about Bristol:
Do they mean that they have not sent out any interviews to anyone? Some people in this thread know people who have Bristol interviews (prior to your post)
tassacharlotte
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by trektor)
I don't think Leicester give out acknowledgements. I don't remember having one last year.
yeah - i did some research and i'm pretty sure that they dont send out acknowledgements. thanks for the heads-up to
divinelord
Badges: 10
Report 9 years ago
Got acknowledge from all of them:

Cambridge - SAQ complete, data protection + status assessment pending

Newcastle - status assessment

Nottingham - online questionnaire pending

Manchester - acknowledged

UCL - acknowledged
Lol123
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by rockyone2)
Yess I got an interview for medicinal chemistry at UCL
Hi, I have an interview for med chem at UCL too! I'm oddly excited about it! I think it's because it's my first proper reply.
Could I ask when's your interview? Mine is on the 3rd of November.
rockyone2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lol123)
Hi, I have an interview for med chem at UCL too! I'm oddly excited about it! I think it's because it's my first proper reply.
Lol I am still excited xD, its nice to know your wanted even if its not medicine. Mine is on the 10th
Lol123
Report 9 years ago
Lol I am still excited xD, its nice to know your wanted even if its not medicine. Mine is on the 10th
Haha It is! your right!
I was expecting a point blank rejection from them because my personal statement was centered around medicine, so when I saw the email I was like arghhhh! Yayyy haha.
Aww thats a shame I could have bumped into someone i'd acquainted myself with! I really hope I dont screw this interview up ha, I seriously need a backup the way these Uni acknowledgement and interview offers are going!
Good luck with your interview!
Can I ask where did you apply for medicine?
rockyone2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha It is! your right!
I was expecting a point blank rejection from them because my personal statement was centered around medicine, so when I saw the email I was like arghhhh! Yayyy haha.
Aww thats a shame I could have bumped into someone i'd acquainted myself with! I really hope I dont screw this interview up ha, I seriously need a backup the way these Uni acknowledgement and interview offers are going!
Good luck with your interview!
Can I ask where did you apply for medicine?
I have no clue what to say, its just so obvious I want to do med. Hopefully they wont ask about it. Im also applying liverpool, hullyork, uea and ucl again. What about you?
ying23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey there!
sorry but i was just wondering when you sent off your application?
I haven't heard anything from ucl apart from the initial email so i'm getting a tad worried...
btw, does anyone know if ucl has a policy of interviewing international applicants for medchem?
many thanks!
Lol123
Report 9 years ago
I have no clue what to say, its just so obvious I want to do med. Hopefully they wont ask about it. Im also applying liverpool, hullyork, uea and ucl again. What about you?
Erm, I've applied for University of east anglia, i've had an acknowledgement off them and thats about it, St Georges, Keele and Brighton and sussex.
I'm hoping they won't either! I don't see why they would. Good luck again!
Lol123
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ying23)
Hey there!
sorry but i was just wondering when you sent off your application?
I haven't heard anything from ucl apart from the initial email so i'm getting a tad worried...
btw, does anyone know if ucl has a policy of interviewing international applicants for medchem?
many thanks!
Hey there!
Erm I sent my application off on the 3rd of October, what about you? It was about 4 days after my send off that I had the initial email, then 6 days after that I had the offer for the interveiw/open day.
Don't get worried at all, my friend has applied for UCL also and he sent his application off before me, and has only had the initial email. Theres no reason to suggest anything bad from it so dont worry at all!
Here this should help.
http://www.chem.ucl.ac.uk/admissions/international.html
rockyone2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Erm, I've applied for University of east anglia, i've had an acknowledgement off them and thats about it, St Georges, Keele and Brighton and sussex.
I'm hoping they won't either! I don't see why they would. Good luck again!
thanks good luck to you aswell
sophyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I haven't had my acknowledgement from Newcastle yet?! Anyone else in my position?!
ying23
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey there!
Erm I sent my application off on the 3rd of October, what about you? It was about 4 days after my send off that I had the initial email, then 6 days after that I had the offer for the interveiw/open day.
Don't get worried at all, my friend has applied for UCL also and he sent his application off before me, and has only had the initial email. Theres no reason to suggest anything bad from it so dont worry at all!
Here this should help.
http://www.chem.ucl.ac.uk/admissions/international.html
icic...thanks for your advice!
i submitted my forms on the 14th of oct, so i guess there's going to be a long wait ahead ):
member348400
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sophyy)
I haven't had my acknowledgement from Newcastle yet?! Anyone else in my position?!
Me! My friend got his on Wednesday but I know some other people that still haven't got theirs so I'm not particularly worried.
Lol123
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ying23)
icic...thanks for your advice!
i submitted my forms on the 14th of oct, so i guess there's going to be a long wait ahead ):
Hey no worries! Worth the wait in the end though!
You never know, I may see you there haha.
-UNKNOWN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by sophyy)
I've got mine but i know a couple of people who haven't got theres yet so i wouldnt worry about it!
chilled101
Report 9 years ago
Hey has anyone heard anything from Brighton and Sussex?
Ezraeil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chilled101)
Hey has anyone heard anything from Brighton and Sussex?
I haven't applied there,but one of my mates has an interview in November at BSMS.
Failure By Design
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by SyedT)
I haven't applied there,but one of my mates has an interview in November at BSMS.
When did they hear? You seem to have friends having interviews at all the med schools I've applied to You're becoming very useful to me!
Ezraeil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Failure By Design)
When did they hear? You seem to have friends having interviews at all the med schools I've applied to You're becoming very useful to me!
Good job I posted on this thread then isn't it :p:

They heard a week or so ago I think.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads