Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss123)
    DJKG.1: lets not burden Moe with thoughts his brain can't process
    How about you stop sucking up to other members? :teehee:

Either pipe down or contribute something useful perhaps? Clearly you aren't aware of what a reasonably interesting and civil discussion looks like on paper - hence the childish ad homs. :afro:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss123)
    can you just read their Holy book for five minutes and quote the phrases from there to support these statements? that will save me a lot of effort and time.
    PS: im not a muslim, and im a female.
    A 101% chance he can't read Arabic:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihility)
    lol the sad thing is if there was a war between denmark and the entire muslim world denmark would probably pwn them.
    yeah especially since Denmark has no nuclear weapons, and one Muslim country does, while another is in the process of making them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Would you stop second-guessing everything and just read what I write at face-value, or ignore it altogether please.

I'm saying that one particular belief in 'self-determination' will never be universally accepted.

For example, there are tribes in Africa where 'imprisonment' is considered immoral as it takes away somebody's self-determination! In these tribes, punishments are corporal or capital, ie. the death penalty.

Different interpretations will always exist, and that's what I'm trying (and failing in all honesty) to get across.
    I am second-guessing nothing and simply assessing you by what you have written. In my opinion, your mentioning of what various cultures deem sensible as methods of punishment is irrelevant because by nature of there being a need for punishment, the individual in question has already infringed upon someone else's capacity for self-determination. Your right for self-determination only extends insofar as that your allow others also to have that same right, and in a sense, this is your responsibility.

Moreover, what various cultures chose to do with this right for self-determination is also irrelevant. If, for example, the entire female species are free to make a decision for themselves and openly chose to mask their faces in clothing, then that is fine. I am not contesting that. Simply, all I am saying is that they should have the opportunity to make that decision for themselves. And as such, yes, different cultures will use it to different end, but everyone should have a right for self-determination if we desire to live in a fair society.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just quite funny to see the rubbish you come out with, together with how wound-up you get.
    I get wound up when people, instead of actually responding, go on these mysterious tangents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss123)
    can you just read their Holy book for five minutes and quote the phrases from there to support these statements? that will save me a lot of effort and time.
    PS: im not a muslim, and im a female.
    so why are you talking about hormones?
    or defending the censorship of free speech?
    confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdsong1)
    I don't get it, is this the new way for idiots to respond when they are unable to deny a point?
    I understood your point and respect what you said but i don't agree with it.

Is it the hormones that's making you hate? Don't know if they have a cure for anti-muslimosis yet.

ReputationRep:
    It's about time that the Middle East learnt the lesson that most people here learnt a long time ago. If you don't like a certain point of view, or a certain group expressing themselves, then ignore it. The people of Pakistan could quite happily continue using facebook and ignore the existence of a single page that they find offensive. The fact that their government won't let them do so is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birdsong1)
    I get wound up when people, instead of actually responding, go on these mysterious tangents.
    Internet serious business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    A 101% chance he can't read Arabic:yep:
    yeah, thats why i suggested the english version in my earlier post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss123)
    yeah especially since Denmark has no nuclear weapons, and one Muslim country does, while another is in the process of making them
    oh **** i forgot about that. and its pakistan that has them isnt it? man thats scary. theyre probably going to nuke the polar ice caps to teach us all a lesson for our impiety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Internet serious business?
    Nope. God knows how much I'd be wound up if it was serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)

Is it the hormones that's making you hate? Don't know if they have a cure for anti-muslimosis yet.
    how does saying muslims shouldnt burn down embassies = hate?
    pfft. phobophobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihility)
    so why are you talking about hormones?
    or defending the censorship of free speech?
    confusing.
    1.because birdsong1 is making no sense to me: too much hatred for a girl of 17. Thats why I ask.
    2.I was explaining the Pakistani's point of view
    I can understand how confusing it must be for you to process this much data. Lets just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    What do you mean?
    No need to call Pakistan 'crazy' that is just rude.

ReputationRep:
    K.
    Fine. But I haven't been short with you and in all honestly, you have offered no argument against the above.

To simply offer a 'K' is, in my opinion, a little embarrassing and cringe-worthy.

ReputationRep:

So instead, you go on tangents about "hormones" and "hate" and "BNP women"?

Please, grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Nihility do you how pathetic you sound. Tell me who did you hate before this anti-muslim bandwagon came along, don't tell me. Was it the the Jews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kreuzuerk)
    I am second-guessing nothing and simply assessing you by what you have written. In my opinion, your mentioning of what various cultures deem sensible as methods of punishment is irrelevant because by nature of there being a need for punishment, the individual in question has already infringed upon someone else's capacity for self-determination. Your right for self-determination only extends insofar as that your allow others also to have that same right, and in a sense, this is your responsibility.

Moreover, what various cultures chose to do with this right for self-determination is also irrelevant. If, for example, the entire female species are free to make a decision for themselves and openly chose to mask their faces in clothing, then that is fine. I am not contesting that. Simply, all I am saying is that they should have the opportunity to make that decision for themselves. And as such, yes, different cultures will use it to different end, but everyone should have a right for self-determination if we desire to live in a fair society.
    thank you.
    ******* hell.
    this thread is making baby jesus cry.

ReputationRep:
    Nihility do you how pathetic you sound. Tell me who did you hate before this anti-bandwagon came along, don't tell me. Was it the the Jews?
    LOL

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.