Turn on thread page Beta

Higher Maths :: Post-Exam Discussion :: 2010 :: Did you make it out alive? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How did you find it?
    Very hard. Thank god for appeals/resits!
    23.13%
    Not too sure, and I don't want to think about it. :indiff:
    46.26%
    Very easy! :thumbsup:
    18.37%
    I don't care if I failed or passed, maths is finally done with! :talkhand: :dancing:
    5.44%
    Shoot me now. :bawling:
    20.41%

ReputationRep:
    If, in paper two, I wrote one of the vector components wrong and I do parts b and c WITH those components, will I lose all the marks? Such a stupid mistake aswell.. (it's the first question of paper 2)

ReputationRep:
    btw i forgot to put my calculator into radian mode for question 4 on paper 2. My teachher says if i have the right answer in degrees i'll only lose 1 mark, is that right?

And did anyone else forget about radian mode!>

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you'll lose a mark for that... I remembered as soon as I started the enext question so thank God!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RizzyI)
    If, in paper two, I wrote one of the vector components wrong and I do parts b and c WITH those components, will I lose all the marks? Such a stupid mistake aswell.. (it's the first question of paper 2)
    no since it would be a carry on mistake so you still get the marks after that point as long as working is right afterwards though you'll probably lose a mark for the initial mistake.

ReputationRep:
    Think I've lost about 8/9 marks in Paper 2, 6 marks in MC and 3 marks in Part B of paper 1. So something around 112 out of 130? Better than I though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roar558)
    no since it would be a carry on mistake so you still get the marks after that point as long as working is right afterwards though you'll probably lose a mark for the initial mistake.
    Yeah that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    See for q 7)a)

I did:

log4x=p
    x=4^p

log16 4^p

p log16 4
    since log16 4 = 1/2, the answer is 0.5xp= 1/2P Is this valid?

See for Q6)a) which asked to show that the equation of the tangent is y=1/3x, how many marks out of 5 do you think will be awarded for only proving the gradient is 1/3 at that point?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got the solutions to paper 1 section b
    did anyone else get in 23b sinb = 3/5 and cosb = 4/5
    I think I have got a B

ReputationRep:
    On a (completely) different topic, if you go to the Google homepage you can play Pacman!!!! Celebrating it's birthday or something. Pity it had to be on the maths exam :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanainatizzy)
    I'm the same as most on here actually. Paper one was fairly straightforward, whereas paper 2 was :eek:
    Hopefully i'll get an A, that would be nice, but more likely a B.

Did anyone write it all in pencil? I did and I saw a lot of people at my school did too, but I'm getting worried now that I think about it. :confused:
    Everyone at my school writes in pencil, we've never been told we have to write in pen even though it does say that on the front of the booklet. I don't think it should matter as long as your writing is legible, don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RizzyI)
    no don't worry you will only lose the mark allocated for that vector - I made the same mistake and I did this in the prelim too but I only lost 1 mark for that incorrect vector and got theh rest of the marks

ReputationRep:
    for paper 2 question 2.b) i think i got confused and put the answer to b(ii) in b(i) and vice versa. I checked and got the right answers but put them in the wrong place will i get no marks for this?

ReputationRep:
    do you think if i managed to get an A (fingers tightly crossed) i would be able to give AH a bash even though i had a tutor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefany-a)
    I think I have got a B

I got 23b sinb = 3/5 and cosb = 4/5 as well

ReputationRep:
    do you think if i managed to get an A (fingers tightly crossed) i would be able to give AH a bash even though i had a tutor?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    See for q 7)a)

I did:

log4x=p
    x=4^p

log16 4^p

p log16 4

See for Q6)a) which asked to show that the equation of the tangent is y=1/3x, how many marks out of 5 do you think will be awarded for only proving the gradient is 1/3 at that point?

ReputationRep:
    See for q 7)a)

I did:

log4x=p
    x=4^p

log16 4^p

p log16 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefany-a)
    I think I have got a B
    Yeah I think that's what I got for sinb and cosb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    See for q 7)a)

I did:

log4x=p
    x=4^p

log16 4^p

p log16 4

I think I did the same for 7 a) so hopefully it is an acceptable method

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T24)
    Yeah I think that's what I got for sinb and cosb.
    See for q 7)a)

I did:

log4x=p
    x=4^p

log16 4^p

p log16 4 ................log16 4 = 1/2
    since log16 4 = 1/2, the answer is 0.5p=1/2P Is this valid?

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.