Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    did you not get any pain relief?
    I've had two, for one I did and for the other I didn't.

I just about crushed the nurses hand.... lol.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Probably when I came off my bike (push bike) at 20mph, that wasn't the most comfortable experience I've ever had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    when they cancelled futurama
    the pain is over now
    Ouch...it still hurts.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah and one time I got stung by a jellyfish, that was sooo sore, my Dad didn't believe me that something stung me in the water. HA! Ten minutes later and my foot is all swollen and blistery!!

ReputationRep:
    physical - contractions

emotional - my grandma dying

ReputationRep:
    when i broke my wrist and also when i sprained my ankle.

ReputationRep:
    When I got two of my wisdom teeth removed (they weren't even through yet) - I was under general anaesthetic for it, but the pain afterwards was horrible!

ReputationRep:
    I've had all sorts of sport related injuries but the thing that will always stay in my mind when I think of pain will be a simple ear ache.

If anyone had ever had one, they will understand. The ringing, the uncomfortableness. It was agony, it felt like someone was banging my head with a hammer and screaming down my ear at the same time. I was 12 (7 years back now) and in the end, I just started banging my head against the wall whilst sitting in bed. :p:

In the end, I went to the hospital and they treated me for an average ear infection.

I feel weird now thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    watch 1 man 1 scredriver. thats what you call pain

ReputationRep:
    well i always stomp on 3-way plugs... they hurt sooo bad. but the worst was 4 years ago, i was dancing around to some nigerian music vid and then i jumped onto a razor blade on the floor. the whole thing was stuck in my foot. i just pulled it out and acted normal coz i hate hospitals. took about 3 months to heal & i used to go to school with one shoe on and lie one foot was bigger than the other. lol, good times

ReputationRep:
    I had an operation on my spine where they drilled metal into it. The day afterwards, they had to take out my painkillers for a few seconds and the pain was unbearable. Stapling my thumbs together a few weeks ago was quite sore as was cracking my head open. Fun times

ReputationRep:
    When my finger got caught in the door hinge when the wind slammed it shut.. :eek: Entire nail came off and there's a permanent dent on the nail bed

..yeah, I haven't gone through much :p:

ReputationRep:
    erm the worst pain that carried on for a long time was when i fell and broke my ribs. carried on for weeks, especially as the ice stayed for most of january and i fell over several more times, and i think i may have re-broken an nearly heald rib.

i can't tell how bad it was when i sprained my wrist, because i was only 11 and might have had a lower pain threshold. but it was really bad at the time. same for when i fell over rollerblading and banged my head on the pavement, and scraped all the skin off the underside of both my arms as i tried to catch myself on a garden wall.

i once had an ear infection, in both ears at the same time. it alternated between sharp, stabbing pain, and a kind of throb, when it felt like there was massive pressure building up inside my ears. i think this was the worst because i wasn't given strong painkillers like for my ribs. paracetamol would take an hour to act, then would only work for 2 hours before wearing off. ibuprofen was no help at all, and my mum brought the wrong cocodamol (with caffeine) so i took it before bed and stayed awake the whole night, and couldn't even have any more paracetamol because i'd had all i could for that 24 hour period

oh, and migraines are bad as well, but at least they pass if i take the right stuff

ReputationRep:
    Migraine!

Also falling on my coccyx & bruising it. Also when I was a kid slipping and falling from standing on a bus stop seat so that my legs were either side of the seat (& legs too short to touch the ground). Owww.

ReputationRep:
    A bit gross, but:

My parents for some dumb reason decided to circumcise me when I was like 4/5/6.

Also, this thread is :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the pain because i was young, but i remember it all unfolding.

I was about 5 or 6 and had a toy car which i sat in, my friend pushed me off down the hill at the end of the street, car hit a large stone and i went face first into loads of stones. I remember crying a lot, having a woman from a nearby house rush out and take me back to my house. Then i got taken to hospital and spent a few days there. My dad says my top lip tore in the middle all the way up to my nose, there was just a gap there and you could see my teeth and gums through it. They managed to stitch it back up again though and you would never know now. That's probably the most pain i've been in.

ReputationRep:
    I had a kidney infection about 2 weeks ago. Worst pain I've ever experienced, it hurt to so much as breathe.

ReputationRep:
    hmm probably whe I cracked my head open,
    Or maybe the time I had a piece of melted hot metal go in my eye, lucky it didn'y blind me.
    Orr the time I fell off the back of a motorbike,
    orrr the time I came off one of those kiddy metal scooters you get. I was going down a hill with a friend and fell off and skidded along the ground a good few feet away.

They all pretty hurt.:p:

ReputationRep:
    Why do I read these threads? :shocked: Now I feel sick.

I've had a burst gangrenous appendix, and I've sprained my knee falling off a horse, and had an abcess on my tooth which the dentist jabbed with a pokey stick to see if it was really an abcess... but I don't really remember how much anything hurt, I must be pretty good at blocking out memories of pain. :p: I assume the burst appendix hurt the most, but I was barely conscious for the worst of that.

ReputationRep:
    Leg cramp... And just to let you know, i've broken 4 bones before... It was REALLY bad!

Emotionally?... Proabably watching the new Star Trek movie. It was just basically me in the fetal position rocking myself gently trying to avoid having an aneurysm because of how well JJ. Abrams managed to ruin classic science fiction.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.