"Looks are everything these days" Watch

Poll: "Looks are everything these days" - Agree or disagree?
Agree (228)
51.94%
Disagree (211)
48.06%
Sephirona
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I think guys definitely go for the looks. But you usually see the women looking for the personality rather than the looks.
mikeylfc1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Indieboohoo)
He's very annoying, he always quotes me and thinks I'm not funny :dry: So I'm allowed to be mean :grin:

Anyway he's too much of a pretty boy for me I like the rough mysterious ones
The ones that look like they're going to flip out and go bat**** crazy at any moment, but their facial expression gives no indication to when that's going to happen?
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sephirona)
I think guys definitely go for the looks. But you usually see the women looking for the personality rather than the looks.
Again... two people with equal personalities...

One is better looking than the other one, who is she going to go for?

Good looking doesn't equal bad personality.
Sephirona
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mikeylfc1989)
Again... two people with equal personalities...

One is better looking than the other one, who is she going to go for?

Good looking doesn't equal bad personality.
Well that's obvious, but if the better looking guy behaves like an ass, while the less attractive guy has more relationship potention then she should go for the latter dude.
Indieboohoo
Badges: 1
Report 8 years ago
The ones that look like they're going to flip out and go bat**** crazy at any moment, but their facial expression gives no indication to when that's going to happen?
I like a challenge plus I'm kind of weird so we'll fit well together:yep:
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Sephirona)
Well that's obvious, but if the better looking guy behaves like an ass, while the less attractive guy has more relationship potention then she should go for the latter dude.
Still depends on the gap in attractiveness, if the other guy's ugly, she will most likely friend-zone him. He would have to have an amazing personality, but if she was really attractive, I doubt even that would matter without wealth/prestige.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like a challenge plus I'm kind of weird sp we'll fit well together:yep:
Aww, that's sweet.
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He's very annoying, he always quotes me and thinks I'm not funny :dry: So I'm allowed to be mean :grin:

Anyway he's too much of a pretty boy for me I like the rough mysterious ones

I'm going to be even more annoying now. You should have used this chance to have a proper go, at least the other girl went all out with the abuse.
GwonTon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mau5)
I'm going to be even more annoying now. You should have used this chance to have a proper go, at least the other girl went all out with the abuse.
Pretty brutal in a way that the people on this thread bigging up your looks have all been male. I was going to add an emoticon after this, but then it might start to look even more gay than it is.

Funnily enough considering what the girl above said, every single girl I have managed to get with has been "kind of weird". Without exception.
mikeylfc1989
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GwonTon)
Pretty brutal in a way that the people on this thread bigging up your looks have all been male. I was going to add an emoticon after this, but then it might start to look even more gay than it is.

Funnily enough considering what the girl above said, every single girl I have managed to get with has been "kind of weird". Without exception.
In what way?
GwonTon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In what way?
I dunno, they have always seemed to have some sort of mega-issues going on. We're talking about major alcohol problems, mental instability, history of self-harm, massive self-esteem deficits, etc etc. Obviously most girls have some issues, but the ones that always came my way seemed to have them in spades.

I should state that although they've always been "kind of weird", they're not completely mental. I didn't pick up these chicks at the mental institute, but some of them probably weren't too far ending up there at times.
mau5
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by GwonTon)

Perhaps you should make a move on indieboohoo then, unless your trying to stay away from the weird ones now? Youd have to put up with poor spelling and a lack of sense of humour mind.
blondesemolina
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well, I know looks aren't everything to me, in fact they don't count for much at all. And I just did a quick ask-round of the three people near me (1 girl, 2 guys) and they all said no.

But then again, maybe me and my friends are just oddballs...
BWalker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by whataperfectionist)
No i don't think looks are everything. Personality counts for way more.
Yeah i agree with this but looks are needed to get things going.
Like a little less than average looking person might have a brilliant personality but people wouldnt find out because they would go for the better looking person first.
You cant really know the personality of someone before you know them
Finley123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
nahh, looks aren't everything. Unfortunately, they do help a lot in some situations and their lives are made much easier
GwonTon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mau5)
Perhaps you should make a move on indieboohoo then, unless your trying to stay away from the weird ones now? Youd have to put up with poor spelling and a lack of sense of humour mind.
tbh i don't actively seek out the mental girls, it just seems to be they're the ones I get. I had my daughter with one of the most mental of the bunch, so I just hope she doesn't turn out too messed up.

I doubt indieboohoo is actually that f*cked up, because most of the girls that are won't say they're "kinda weird" themselves. Sure, she probably has a few screws loose, but I'd be surprised if she has major self harm issues or body dysmorphia or anything like that or major depression etc.
Demon_AS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
... This is not my opinion, but this is the way I see the world at the moment.
I'm having a little trouble untangling that particular paradox lol.

As for my opinion: no, looks are definitely not everything. But I agree that this is a minority view, as, unfortunately, most people really are that shallow.
zjs
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Demon_AS)
I'm having a little trouble untangling that particular paradox lol.

As for my opinion: no, looks are definitely not everything. But I agree that this is a minority view, as, unfortunately, most people really are that shallow.
I think it's more just that looks are essential to physical attraction, which determines a person's initial attraction.
madders94
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Unless you want to enter a beauty contest for the rest of your life, if you think looks are everything then you're lacking something in your life, especially if you judge other people based on their looks alone.

IMHO, no, looks are definitely not everything. I'm not pretty, and when I have my bad days, I look like an ogre :p: and yet my boyfriend never fails to tell me that I'm beautiful, and that he is in love with my personality first and the way I look is a bonus. And yet the way he looks is all he seems to think about, he's slim build and yet he's constantly counting calories, beating himself up about it if he goes over his "allowance" and always so worried. So it seems that to him, looks aren't everything in a potential mate - but they may be everything in himself.

To be honest, I wouldn't want to enter into a relationship with anyone who based it just on my looks, not on my personality. I was friends with my boyfriend for two years before we got together, we met through a common interest and knew so much about each other by the time we got together, we're like best friends as well as boyfriend and girlfriend, not because of looks but because of personality.
divine_alive
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You should edit this post and write something before the mods warn you for spamming. I get enough to know. :mad:
:blush:

The OP is so damn drepessing to comment.. :mute:
Anything I might have said could have increased the gloom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (50)
73.53%
Leave (18)
26.47%

Watched Threads