The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by A_master

Thanks dude! Means I'm off and my attendance rate doesn't get ****ed. Cuz otherwise I'm snowed in....no public transport and my car won't get out of the drive :emo:

So what will you be doing today? I am on the train. :tongue:
Original post by + polarity -
So what will you be doing today? I am on the train. :tongue:

On the train to where?

Today I plan on finishing some stuff from my logbook and some heavy gran turismo gaming sessions :biggrin:

There's also football later at 4pm and 8pm. Maybe a movie inbetween :smug:

On the train to where?

Today I plan on finishing some stuff from my logbook and some heavy gran turismo gaming sessions :biggrin:

There's also football later at 4pm and 8pm. Maybe a movie inbetween :smug:

Back to uni :ahee:

Nice, very nice

Oh. Are they 'important' matches?
Back to uni :ahee:

Nice, very nice

Oh. Are they 'important' matches?

Ahh I see, good stuff. There's a blizzard here again...

Yeah 4pm is the Gulf Cup tournament and 8pm is El Clasico :sogood:

My gcse major project would be an example of individually completed work... right?

You must have something better than that or more recent.
Original post by yoyo462001

You must have something better than that or more recent.

I've done plenty of projects since then, but I think my GCSE project is the best thing I've ever made. Magnum Opus 2k7.
yessss I've finally hidden my networks on FB!

:ninja:
yessss I've finally hidden my networks on FB!

:ninja:

i already know who you are on fb :smug:

anyway bout an hour ago i heard someone walk into our kitchen, then walk out :creep:
then bout 30 mins ago i heard someone come back in and knock really loudly on all our doors :afraid: i didn't go out (im still in my pjs :colondollar:) but my flatmate did, turns out it was the halls security guy

so when he left, i went out and asked my flatmate what he wanted, apparantly there is food out on the landing, so he has been coming into the flats to find out who did it, but he saw our dirty kitchen.. we could have been fined Β£120 :eek3:
he didn't fine us though, as he hates his boss :smug: we just have to clean it by tomorrow. thats my excitement for today :mmm:
Original post by amiejade-x

i already know who you are on fb :smug:

anyway bout an hour ago i heard someone walk into our kitchen, then walk out :creep:
then bout 30 mins ago i heard someone come back in and knock really loudly on all our doors :afraid: i didn't go out (im still in my pjs :colondollar:) but my flatmate did, turns out it was the halls security guy

so when he left, i went out and asked my flatmate what he wanted, apparantly there is food out on the landing, so he has been coming into the flats to find out who did it, but he saw our dirty kitchen.. we could have been fined Β£120 :eek3:
he didn't fine us though, as he hates his boss :smug: we just have to clean it by tomorrow. thats my excitement for today :mmm:

We were threatened with a fine every single week of the year. They never go through on it.

Any body else see this thread about punishing your children. This lady is hardcore!!!

Punish your kids
We were threatened with a fine every single week of the year. They never go through on it.

Any body else see this thread about punishing your children. This lady is hardcore!!!

Punish your kids

even so, i want the kitchen to be clean, i'm the only one who ever cleans it :angry: but they said they would do it, so i'm making sure they actually do :colonhash:

and yeah, i was flyering round halls the other week, and i got a phonecall from the security office saying to go and see them and they said i could be fined nearly Β£300 for it, but they let me off, so yeah its just empty threats tbh :mmm:

Punish your kids

That was very peak. Although I am in favour of beating kids, very much in favour of it, I feel that shower punishment was out of line
Hello, turns out that nap made me feel worse. :emo:

Nothing like a night library session. Could of easily stayed till 5 ish, maybe I should of :beard:

You definitely should have. :pierre:

Original post by skipp
:facepalm: microwave spag bol?

I actually quite like my spag bol a little bit watery, my parents' recipe comes out a bit like that, kind of needs to with all the flavour :coma: plus I find it quite heavy going to eat for some reason so I like it a little thinner

To avoid that though you can leave it to cook for longer, a lot of the liquid will be absorbed, or if somehow you've made it really really weird you could add a tiny bit of cornflour and stir well, although personally never done that to spag bol before :p:

:unimpressed: It still tastes good! Thanks for the tips though, might try it, I get worried it will overcook or something. :innocent: Plus the smells are so wonderful, I am not patient enough to wait for it. :angry:
Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi

Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi
That was very peak. Although I am in favour of beating kids, very much in favour of it, I feel that shower punishment was out of line

Lol I've had worse. Thing every punishment will be bad. e.g. we had sitting on the wall (with an invisible chair) that hurt like crazy. Or hands in the air and one leg raised up.
I'm doing some work ":smile:"
even so, i want the kitchen to be clean, i'm the only one who ever cleans it :angry: but they said they would do it, so i'm making sure they actually do :colonhash:

and yeah, i was flyering round halls the other week, and i got a phonecall from the security office saying to go and see them and they said i could be fined nearly Β£300 for it, but they let me off, so yeah its just empty threats tbh :mmm:

i think its because they knew you would pay it with daddy's credit card so it wouldnt teach you a lesson :smile:
Reply 235
Aiming for a First is too much stress ffs :colonhash:
Reply 236
Original post by Crazy Paving

:unimpressed: It still tastes good! Thanks for the tips though, might try it, I get worried it will overcook or something. :innocent: Plus the smells are so wonderful, I am not patient enough to wait for it. :angry:

Bolognase sauce is one of those things that takes a lot of cooking, doing it slowly I can make it in my slow cooker and cook it for 8-10 hours for example and it won't be overcooked, my dad does something similar, not sure how long I take if I'm making it quickly :hmmmm: but it still takes a while to cook down, certainly not something to make when you're already starving :p:

That lab was a nightmare :sad: my lab partner had a hospital appointment, and neglected to tell me until about half an hour before, despite the fact I texted him this morning, the diagram I was meant to be using to set it up was wrong, which they didn't tell me until I was quite a way through setting it up, and eventually a critical part of my equipment broke :smile: the response of my lecturer was 'I'm sure it's very well made so it can't break' which translates to 'wtf did you do to it?' & he's the nice one :sigh: electricity always makes me want to cry at the best of times, and I had no idea what I was meant to be doing most of the time...did not like :indiff:

Now not sure what to do next, as have nothing to write up for the whole 2nd part of the experiment, and there was a lot of ambiguity over whether we were continuing the same experiment next week or not, also not sure what to do about my lab partner, apparently they're going to go through it with him before next week, but no idea who's showing him what & no idea what we have to hand in :s:

Fun times :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 237
I need some participants for a study I'm doing - anyone at Kent free for some crap boredom?
Reply 238
Original post by aliluvschoc
I need some participants for a study I'm doing - anyone at Kent free for some crap boredom?

Depends, is it something I can do from my room?

Wow that makes me sound lazy :erm: I'm not, I just have a stack of assignments to do
Reply 239
Original post by skipp
Depends, is it something I can do from my room?

Wow that makes me sound lazy :erm: I'm not, I just have a stack of assignments to do

It's something that will require my laptop, and would take about 30mins tops.

Latest