Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not attracted to British girls anymore Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Statistically and all the research shows that actually we are better then girls, especially at the student age. Girls now drink more then men and are starting to develop more masculine traits eg. loud, aggressive etc. No guys are acting more feminine by being camp etc. As for weight, their is a higher chance at this age that a guy will be under weight rather then overweight - the same is not true for women. Also depression is on the increase for women but not for men.
    I would tend to agree with you as you seem rather well infomred and level headed. Furthermore I mean I have seen some attractive British women but they aren't exactly a dime a dozen. Personally I am much happier with foriegners and it has been working for me so far (^_^)v

ReputationRep:
    Everyone is different. Get over it.

People think that chavvy men and women are in the majority because, being chavs, they are more vocal. They are plastered all over the papers and laughed at in various youtube videos. The normal, laid-back, non-attention seeking people go about their daily lives without fake tan or spitting at bus drivers, in the hope of getting a decent life. They obey the law, try not to offend people, and generally slip under the radar. And you wonder why you don't notice them?

We could assume that all men are rowdy pigs and all women are drunken slobs but it's not true. I have a fairly wide circle of friends, and I can safely say that none of them are like that. Sure they have their moments, but we're all human. There's only good people in my circle, and I work hard to keep it that way.

Good people are harder to find, mainly because they're not out on the street with their underpants around their ankles screaming "Look at me!!".

Come on guys, open your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    It's sad that you seem to stereotype every single British girl, we're not all like that!
    Sure, there are a minority of girls who are like that in Britain- like any other place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonPeople)
    Everyone is different. Get over it.

People think that chavvy men and women are in the majority because, being chavs, they are more vocal. They are plastered all over the papers and laughed at in various youtube videos. The normal, laid-back, non-attention seeking people go about their daily lives without fake tan or spitting at bus drivers, in the hope of getting a decent life. They obey the law, try not to offend people, and generally slip under the radar. And you wonder why you don't notice them?

We could assume that all men are rowdy pigs and all women are drunken slobs but it's not true. I have a fairly wide circle of friends, and I can safely say that none of them are like that. Sure they have their moments, but we're all human. There's only good people in my circle, and I work hard to keep it that way.

Good people are harder to find, mainly because they're not out on the street with their underpants around their ankles screaming "Look at me!!".

Come on guys, open your eyes.
    They are not normal, but boring and complacent, with mild resentment for anyone who is not normal and possibly better.

They also go under the radar because they are insecure and so bland that they are in fact hiding from the world. They are normally not proud of themselves in anyway, and to be honest, it serves them right for not trying with their image of personality.

(Original post by SammyLeighh)
    It's sad that you seem to stereotype every single British girl, we're not all like that!
    Sure, there are a minority of girls who are like that in Britain- like any other place
    Most girls are like that. When is the last time you met an attractive girl who was not up her own ass and pig **** thick? I have met girls like this but none have been British.

ReputationRep:
    They are not normal, but boring and complacent, with mild resentment for anyone who is not normal and possibly better.

They also go under the radar because they are insecure and so bland that they are in fact hiding from the world. They are normally not proud of themselves in anyway, and to be honest, it serves them right for not trying with their image of personality.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you know everyone and everything.
    No, seriously though, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I don't really understand your argument. Being quiet doesn't mean being insecure - there's such a thing as 'quite confidence' or even 'not caring'. There's such a thing as refinement and intelligence.
    You criticise people for being loud and attention-seeking, and then for being quiet and not entertaining. It sounds to me like you don't really like anyone. You seem like a loud misanthrope, a rare thing. I'm more of a quiet misanthrope, the common kind.

Most girls are like that. When is the last time you met an attractive girl who was not up her own ass and pig **** thick? I have met girls like this but none have been British
    I know loads. I don't know where you've been, but I'm an educated person so my social circle is generally educated, they're nice people who are presentable but not overly vain and generally friendly. Studious, friendly, intelligent sense of humour and good to have a laugh with. Sure they may be 'boring' in your eyes, but they're good people.
    I know the type of people you're talking about. I avoid them. Simple as.
    If you don't like mingling with that crowd, then don't.
    But if you find yourself having trouble getting in with the friendly intellectual crowd, that's probably because you're not one of them.
    Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can really generalise that much. It depends on what sort of person you are physically attracted to. Some people have preferences based on a whole number of things, race, hair colour, tattoos etc.

The cross-section of people you do not find attractive is naturally going to appear to be deficient in some way. What you have to realise is that:

1. They might well feel the same way about you.
    2. Your own preference does not override the preferences of everybody else.
    3. You should be pleased if other guys like different sort of girls to you. The more the merrier, less competition for you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure the female British public will sorely miss your attention. Excuse me doing a Borat, but... NAAAAT.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot you know everyone and everything.
    No, seriously though, you're entitled to your own opinion, but I don't really understand your argument. Being quiet doesn't mean being insecure - there's such a thing as 'quite confidence' or even 'not caring'. There's such a thing as refinement and intelligence.
    You criticise people for being loud and attention-seeking, and then for being quiet and not entertaining. It sounds to me like you don't really like anyone. You seem like a loud misanthrope, a rare thing. I'm more of a quiet misanthrope, the common kind.

I know loads. I don't know where you've been, but I'm an educated person so my social circle is generally educated, they're nice people who are presentable but not overly vain and generally friendly. Studious, friendly, intelligent sense of humour and good to have a laugh with. Sure they may be 'boring' in your eyes, but they're good people.
    I know the type of people you're talking about. I avoid them. Simple as.
    If you don't like mingling with that crowd, then don't.
    But if you find yourself having trouble getting in with the friendly intellectual crowd, that's probably because you're not one of them.
    Just a thought.
    It is not just my opinion, but my experiences and it is quite obvious from this thread that many other guys feel the same way.

"Quiet confidence " does not exist. This is always obvious as these quiet peoples body language also suggests that they are insecure. If you simply do not care, then either you are incredibly arrogant or have massive social issues...like aspergers.

I do not want people who are loud, or people who are quiet.......so what type of person do I want? Maybe someone in the middle?! :eek: Holy ****! That is crazy talk! *dribble*
    Basically all some guys want is a girl who is mature and does not come with a ton of issues, which seems to be impossible in modern Britain.

All the educated people I have come across are either wet, bland, ugly, or very insecure. Also, when I say attractive, I mean attractive, not average, not pretty (as British pretty is most other countries bland), but hot and in shape.
    As far as intellectual crowds go, I'm at York uni, so I am not exactly surrounded with idiots :rolleyes:. But the girls here are the worst offenders for the quiet, boring, and angry type of girl. When they look at you then just glare at you with unreasonable hate, and their body language is comprised of shuffling, slouched shoulders, and sometimes even walking with their arms crossed.

(Original post by finestory)
    I'm sure the female British public will sorely miss your attention. Excuse me doing a Borat, but... NAAAAT.
    Point proven about women losing all grace.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You are entitled to your opinion, however I do think that you are putting all British girls into the same box which I find quite offensive and honestly very rude.

I'm not attracted to guys who lack manners...

ReputationRep:

I did make an attempt to excuse myself. :')
    It's not like British men are much better, if we're honest though.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jimbo1234;28742352]It is not just my opinion, but my experiences and it is quite obvious from this thread that many other guys feel the same way.

"Quiet confidence " does not exist. This is always obvious as these quiet peoples body language also suggests that they are insecure. If you simply do not care, then either you are incredibly arrogant or have massive social issues...like aspergers.

I do not want people who are loud, or people who are quiet.......so what type of person do I want? Maybe someone in the middle?! :eek: Holy ****! That is crazy talk! *dribble*
    Basically all some guys want is a girl who is mature and does not come with a ton of issues, which seems to be impossible in modern Britain.

All the educated people I have come across are either wet, bland, ugly, or very insecure. Also, when I say attractive, I mean attractive, not average, not pretty (as British pretty is most other countries bland), but hot and in shape.
    As far as intellectual crowds go, I'm at York uni, so I am not exactly surrounded with idiots :rolleyes:. But the girls here are the worst offenders for the quiet, boring, and angry type of girl. When they look at you then just glare at you with unreasonable hate, and their body language is comprised of shuffling, slouched shoulders, and sometimes even walking with their arms crossed.

I do not wish to be rude, but I am from round there, believe me, York is not what it is cracked up to be. They are not as intellectual as they think.

ReputationRep:
    I love a Scottish chick..........

ReputationRep:
    Too bad for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    -coldness / unfriendly
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    OP is a virgin.

-loud, don't mind much but everyone hates a loud mouth
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    What a coincidence! I just realised I'm not attracted to British guys anymore because they're whiny, generalising pricks with a distorted view of reality and ridiculously high standards for the losers that they are!

-crude
    (Original post by charcharchar)
    Probably cos ur ugly

yup, looks like you've got them sussed here pal

ReputationRep:
    It is not just my opinion, but my experiences and it is quite obvious from this thread that many other guys feel the same way.
    Well this is not just my opinion, but my experiences, and it is quite obvious from this thread that there are many other people who feel the same way.

"Quiet confidence " does not exist.
    Disagree.

I know plenty of those.

You're not very deep, that's for sure. So you prefer to be with hot vain idiots, rather than nice intelligent people. That's your scene. It's not mine, but to each his own.

Look, I'm really sorry that people don't like you, but maybe, oh just maybe you did something wrong? I mean, people I know don't behave in a hostile way towards me for no reason, unless I do something.
    You call it 'unreasonable hate'. Maybe you're an ass?
    I think, over my entire life, I've only ever had one person hate me. And that person was an ass to my friends and I was sticking up for them.
    No one hates anyone for no reason. Sound like you have an inferiority complex to me. Of course I don't know you, but that's the vibe I'm getting.

If grace is about shutting up and not arguing for something you believe in, allowing people to walk all over you with a smile on your face, then people should shun it and be proud.
    I don't remember you being particularly graceful, incidentally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by finestory)
    I did make an attempt to excuse myself. :')
    It's not like British men are much better, if we're honest though.
    Statistically we are in many ways - the evidence is a few pages back .

(Original post by LondonKev)
    I do not wish to be rude, but I am from round there, believe me, York is not what it is cracked up to be. They are not as intellectual as they think.
    You are very right. Some girls I knew who were doing fairly good degree's knew **** all outside of their lecture theatre. WW2? Something about Germany right? Vietnam? Err, holiday resort?

ReputationRep:
    Statistically we are in many ways - the evidence is a few pages back .
    Again, I'm sorry, but I have to point out that the evidence is mounting up for the inferiority complex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sungirlshines)
    Never ever seen a polish model in my life, only the Czech Karolina Kurkova.
    models aren't a good way to measure how pretty the girls are. its a bit like how people say indian girls are the most gorgeous women in the world because they win the miss world title so many times....but we all know indian girls are not that pretty

btw joanna krupa is a polish model and she is incredible... eva herzigova is also czech. but anyway, how many models the country produces isnt good way to say. you just have to look at the general population, russians are sexy, but i would say polish and czech girls are still sexier

ReputationRep:
    Again, I'm sorry, but I have to point out that the evidence is mounting up for the inferiority complex.
    How? Some of the articles are written by women......:confused:
    I think you are just in denial about what is going on in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    ..and I am British

My attraction has gotten for absolute preference to virtually non-existent.

I've noticed a couple of things that white brit girls seem to have:

-sluttish behaviour - to attract guys which makes me sick.
    -the need to slap on make up ALL the time.
    -manipulative behaviour
    -coldness / unfriendly
    -manly
    -crude
    -loud, don't mind much but everyone hates a loud mouth
    -heavy drinks, falling about in the streets
    -lack of morals
    -and their general appearance has just become very boring.

anyone else notice this?
    Stereotypical British girls, that's how foreigner, like myself, imagine them ^^. You could had fat (at least more than local girl).

WARNING : it's stereotype, not generality, and it's how you're viewed from abroad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.