Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what do guys think of women that don't ever want children Watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the guy obv. and ofc. what kinda relationship he wants to get into. Obv. if hes young and wants fun he probably won't care at all. However if he's older and wants a longterm one then I think most men would want children so it would certainly be off putting to say the least, I mean children are a big thing. Personally, I know I want to have children because what normal people don't? Joke! But seriously I'm not joking! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to meet a woman that doesn't want children. i don't foresee myself wanting children for a very long time.

If I was a guy, I'd want children big time!

But because I am female and it'll be ME who will have to endure the wonders of pregnancy (morning sickness, stretchmarks, hemorrhoids) and then eventually child birth, episotomys, god forbid 2nd/3rd/4th degree tears, possible c-section, then the fun of breastfeeding and having a baby gumming on my tender boobs and waking me up several times throughout the night for a feed...
    Oh, and if the marriage breaks down it'll be me having the child during the week while the guy can continue with his job and his normal life.

It's a well and truly uneven playing field and its not something I am willing to put myself through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosiL)
    I think thats wrong, why shouldnt a woman want a successful career and have lived their life without a kid? it seems to be fine for men to do that but when women seem career driven its frowned apon i think its a load of rubbish!
    The same goes for men.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.