Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueray)
    overrated? what are you studying?
    Yeahhhh, like it's too hyped up. Everyone makes out it's amazing, but in reality it's just like another day at school/college, and if anything, my social life was better when I was in college .......I had alot more time on my hands back then.

I'm studying Criminology. You any idea what you would like to study? (should you decide to).

ReputationRep:
    are you off work/school/uni/college

how has the snow affected where you live

ReputationRep:
    Ive had 1cm of snow today, thats it

ReputationRep:
    NO snow for me

ReputationRep:
    The snow with me has been falling heavily on and off since Friday night, now it's almost up the the roof of the cars in my street and I can't get my own car out the drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accalia)
    No, just lots of frost. We had less than five minutes of snow earlier on, but none of it stuck.

I want snow.
    Me too let's pray for snow in Manchester! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Let's see... boilers broken at college, no heaters, minus temperatures... oh we still had to go in! So basically the snow has affected me by making my toes nearly drop off. (and my college should be punished!)

ReputationRep:
    i think even if a meter of snow fell, uni still wouldn't get cancelled

ReputationRep:
    nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonymeen)
    Let's see... boilers broken at college, no heaters, minus temperatures... oh we still had to go in! So basically the snow has affected me by making my toes nearly drop off. (and my college should be punished!)
    More fool you for going in :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    i think even if a meter of snow fell, uni still wouldn't get cancelled
    (Original post by moonymeen)
    If it snowed nearer to January then schools are likely to close. They remain open because they have a lot of content to teach before the January exams.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a lot of snow, so my school is shut both today and tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    No. I only hope it snows if we get snow days. I remember last year there was some snow and we still had to go in. Bad times.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Had very little snow, mostly thick ice. So its just meant delayed trains, testing of my balance and rapping up warm for uni for me. For now anyway

ReputationRep:
    There was a little bit of snow a few days ago, it still hasn't melted, the highest temperature we've had is 2. I want it to snow so badly, I need to catch up on my college work.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No snow for me here, if it was bad enough it would just be school would be closed. If it snows tomorrow i would be affected positively as i have not done a big assignment yet and its not gonna happen as its meant to be handed in tomorrow but Barca VS Madrid is on lol :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no snow in Bristol. Just really really cold :/

ReputationRep:
    pfft what snow? x If there was snow I would be ecstatic! x

ReputationRep:
    Had about 4-5 inches but it hasn't really affected me, still had 6th form unfortunately. Although I don't think the snow will do me any favours on thursday when I've got my driving test, unless it clears up sharpish

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.