Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axavil)
    How common are the slightly more nerdily inclined in exeter university? Is it as established a group of people as in other universities?
    If you refer to yourself as a nerd then you're probably not a nerd, just sayin'.

ReputationRep:
    LOL this thread's brilliant, guys. Wish Southampton had something similar...But then what constitutes a 'nerd' these days? In the classic sense of being intellectual and academically-inclined, and being very passionate about one's subject, I'm OCD and a complete nerd. But I can't be doing with PC games, fantasy novels (save the work of Tolkein, which, as ever, are works of genius) and the dead fashion sense that comes with some nerds...

ReputationRep:
    Good point.

(Original post by Einheri)
    If you refer to yourself as a nerd then you're probably not a nerd, just sayin'.

ReputationRep:
    does being a geek count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allyk130)
    What do we need to be interested in to make the cut for this nerd meetup?
    It's mainly for Doctor Who fans but feel free to come even if you're not a big DW fan! I'm sure we all have obsessions with other fandoms and interests as well, so don't feel as though you would be unwelcome! It's just a way to meet some people you may find common interests with. Hope to see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Im starting psychology at exeter too this year
    Same, hello guys

ReputationRep:
    Im starting psychology at exeter too this year
    Nice to meet you which accommodation are you in?

ReputationRep:
    Birks Grange... what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishmajor2013)
    It's mainly for Doctor Who fans but feel free to come even if you're not a big DW fan! I'm sure we all have obsessions with other fandoms and interests as well, so don't feel as though you would be unwelcome! It's just a way to meet some people you may find common interests with. Hope to see you there!
    I've enjoyed quite a few of the new seasons, and I love Torchwood. So maybe I'll see you there

ReputationRep:
    I've enjoyed quite a few of the new seasons, and I love Torchwood. So maybe I'll see you there
    I hope to see you there! It'll be fun.

ReputationRep:
    Where there are DW fans, there are Torchwood fans

ReputationRep:
    Cough FIREFLY cough

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone getting on moving in?
    Did you all enjoy a good first night out, or simply enjoy a cosy night in watching Doctor Who (or both, in my case )

And for those moving in tomorrow (technically today, as it's beyond midnight ), best wishes to all ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW-CG)
    How's everyone getting on moving in?
    Did you all enjoy a good first night out, or simply enjoy a cosy night in watching Doctor Who (or both, in my case )

And for those moving in tomorrow (technically today, as it's beyond midnight ), best wishes to all ^_^

I missed Doctor Who

What accommodation are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organised=Chaos)
    I missed Doctor Who

What accommodation are you in?
    James Owen Court (Block A)...

You're in Birks Grange, right?
    Do you know a guy called John Ware?

Fell asleep last night, instead of going to the club

ReputationRep:
      How is everyone's freshers week going? I think I'll need to sleep for a month after it!

Is anyone else in Birks Village? Looking forward to the meetup guys!!

ReputationRep:
      Hey

Haven't been on in ages, hope everyone's first week was good!

Whats happening with the meet up?

ReputationRep:
      it was a bit of a dibocal and needs to be rearranged

ReputationRep:
      i take it then the meeting up stuff has gone???
      seeing as noone is replying here any more ;P
      hows everyone doing in their halls??

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.