Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Complete this statement....'I can't get a girlfriend/boyfriend because...' Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a boyfriend because I'm shy, not confident in myself , awkward and strange? I don't know :lol:..

ReputationRep:
    I can't get a boyfriend because all the guys I've met at uni are either in relationships or not interested in them.

ReputationRep:
    ... because Im shy and feel ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    Get over yourself! Tell me, apart from having a pussy and a set of tits, what else do you have going for you? What sets you apart from other girls? Convince me you're as worthy a catch as you make out....
    I'm loving how seriously you took that comment. Fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I see...and you were not the one to "propose" this?
    Alas, I was – and am – Ross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Alas, I was – and am – Ross.
    ah interesting, I had assumed your use of quotations marks was to suggest that you don't agree with/understand why, you're having time apart. I hope it works out for you, what ever the outcome.

Anyway I haven't answered the thread. Because...well I make no effort and I'd certainly have to. At times I wonder if it's a bit of a problem but as of now I feel content as it is. That probably doesn't make sense to most people but hey ho live life on your own terms and all that.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    ah interesting, I had assumed your use of quotations marks was to suggest that you don't agree with/understand why, you're having time apart. I hope it works out for you, what ever the outcome.

Anyway I haven't answered the thread. Because...well I make no effort and I'd certainly have to. At times I wonder if it's a bit of a problem but as of now I feel content as it is. That probably doesn't make sense to most people but hey ho live life on your own terms and all that.
    Ross didn't propose the break, just :fyi: therefore you initial assumption was correct. However, he did make the most of said break.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Ross didn't propose the break, just :fyi: therefore you initial assumption was correct. However, he did make the most of said break.
    and now...now I am confused...so very confused..perhaps another mug of tea and more chocolate digestives is needed.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    and now...now I am confused...so very confused..perhaps another mug of tea and more chocolate digestives is needed.
    OOO chocolate digestives =D

Basically Rachel suggested the break, Ross got with girl while on the break. Hence him always saying, "WE WERE ON A BREAK"

So Profesh did not suggest the break

ReputationRep:
    OOO chocolate digestives =D

Basically Rachel suggested the break, Ross got with girl while on the break. Hence him always saying, "WE WERE ON A BREAK"

So Profesh did not suggest the break
    It's amusing when people use first names when you have no idea who they are, you can insert people you know, but I don't know any Rachel's or Ross's..

so...is the break eternal? I'm tired..is the girl Rachel, so he got with her while on the break, so it's jokey term, OR Ross got with another girl..and then....I'm not sure how that one works actually...

I like shiny things, also amber, although it's not as shiny as gemstones I do like it as well. Colourful lights are an acceptable substitute...my computer has many blue lights..

ReputationRep:
    COZ AM SO AMAZIN A DNT NEED A GF.

But seriously, I'm socially awkward and I don't tend to be flirtatious. Like Mark from Peep Show but to a much lesser extent.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's amusing when people use first names when you have no idea who they are, you can insert people you know, but I don't know any Rachel's or Ross's..

so...is the break eternal? I'm tired..is the girl Rachel, so he got with her while on the break, so it's jokey term, OR Ross got with another girl..and then....I'm not sure how that one works actually...

I like shiny things, also amber, although it's not as shiny as gemstones I do like it as well. Colourful lights are an acceptable substitute...my computer has many blue lights..
    We are talking about Ross and Rachel from friends...

Please say you are trolling...

ReputationRep:
    I'm too naive and still a little bit childish. Also, I'm a little awkward and I haven't found anyone that I have had a 'spark' with... definitely me! lol.

ReputationRep:
    ... because all I find are clingy psycho midgets who let me walk all over them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msabigail1)
    ...Because I am shy
    This.

ReputationRep:
    We are talking about Ross and Rachel from friends...

Please say you are trolling...
    unfortunately trying to re-set my pathetic natural clock(the idea is I had little sleep last night, I have little tonight, and so tonight, since it's Wednesday now, I'm so tired I go to sleep at a sensibly early time.) and the fact I don't watch friends means no, it was not trolling, it was me having a tired episode! (I can imagine someone I know patting me on the head now...deservedly). Though the names are familiar now, that sort of genre of program doesn't appeal to me.

I really need that tea it seems....and I just realised I ran out of digestives..but I have maryland cookies...it's not the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Valjean)
    When your heart has been badly broken, you are far more cautious with deciding who you deem worthy of it.
    Simply because of this.
    If my 'heart' could talk, it would ask me wtf was I thinking for the previous times I have been making the wrong choices. It's like you lose your hope and then find someone that seems amazing and let yourself go. Only to end up heart-broken again.
    Now, I have learnt my lesson and a relationship is the last thing on my mind. Maybe I'll start thinking about it in 10 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    ... because all I find are clingy psycho midgets who let me walk all over them.
    maybe if you didn't walk all over them and find some less clingy men it might work out for you.

Anyway back to the topic......I can't get a girlfriend because I don't like doing the initiating and chasing, I hope one day a girl I like would have the balls to ask me out.:smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    Simply because of this.
    If my 'heart' could talk, it would ask me wtf was I thinking for the previous times I have been making the wrong choices. It's like you lose your hope and then find someone that seems amazing and let yourself go. Only to end up heart-broken again.
    Now, I have learnt my lesson and a relationship is the last thing on my mind. Maybe I'll start thinking about it in 10 years
    I don't ever want to learn this lesson! Admittedly, I probably should, but isn't love great even before the heartbreak?? I think it is.

ReputationRep:
    because I'm better than every girl I've ever met, in every way :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.