Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolololol)
    Would love to go to Brazil for the world cup. Any idea how much it will be?
    I have no idea I'm afraid. Return plane tickets would be roughly 400 quid, hotels would cost about 500, travel around the country would be about 250, plus you've got the match tickets which would cost around 200 - 1000 depending on how far your team get and how many matches you want to go to. So I guess around 2000-2500 quid would give you a good world cup holiday, plus whatever spending money you intend to bring. Not cheap, but I think it'd be worth it for the memories. Brazil will host a good World Cup, I can tell.

Did anyone read the line where is said JOKES
      you see thats the problem with people in the world they like to stir things up which cause wars

ANYWAY that was off topic back to Russia ... i heard some footballers get beat up their is that true?
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      Meanwhile, in the Russian Red Square, football fans celebrated Russia's successful bid for the 2018 World Cup:

ReputationRep:
      Qatar? Iraq might as well get ready soon.

ReputationRep:
      Question:

What will happen to the stadiums after the WC in Qatar? Do they even have a league?

Seems a bit wasteful. In Germany they were put to good use at least

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The Cornerstone)
      You jumped Germany 2006, hardly that far
      I jumped it cause it was the exception and what I was saying didn't apply to it.

ReputationRep:
      I've calmed down now.

Still annoyed though

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
      On the plus side, we've got the Olympics to look forward to in 2012
      But I was hoping to have some sort of combo, with two major events in one decade!! We'll probably never have this occasion in our lifetime

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
      On the plus side, we've got the Olympics to look forward to in 2012
      I'm a big football fan but the Olympics is the pinnacle for me - as a global sporting event. Give me the Olympics over the WC any day of the week. Loads of different sporting events, loads of variety and choice etc...

with world cups you get a handful of excellent games. Otherwise the viewer/spectator is bombarded with so many boring/poor quality football matches. As was the case with South Africa this year. Terrible world cup and rubbish football.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Heyyouthere)
      So it's Brazil 2014, just have to make sure i don't wear anything worth over £5 or it will be stolen.

Russia 2018, good job i'm not black.

Qatar 2022, just have to make sure i don't drink, swear, expose my skin, draw pictures of Mohammed, forget to bring sun cream.

Congratulations on giving the World Cup to these nations Fifa. After the exhilarating world cup in South Africa these will all be good too.
      Ha. Typical ignorance. Wear anything worth over £5?! Idiot

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by dannymccs)
      Rightly or wrongly, just wait for the angry mob to lay the blame exclusively at the door of the BBC.
      Labour are calling for a government investigation. :rolleyes: There's nobody to blame. We had the best technical bid, and if FIFA can't understand that or are annoyed that we have freedom of press and want to hold the world cup in a country that doesn't, then fine. They'll have egg on their face when Russia's world cup fails completely.

ReputationRep:
      The world ends in 2012 so no worries :awesome:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Eldedu)
      I jumped it cause it was the exception and what I was saying didn't apply to it.
      I was mainly challenging what you were saying, Fifa does give some exceptions in terms of choosing hosts that are very far from us.

Although I have to agree with you, they went too far for this decade

ReputationRep:
      No one will go to Russia to watch the world cup.

1. Its full of racists and there fans are notorious for racist chants and violence
      2. they have **** artificial pitches which cause serious injuries
      3. its a horrible country miles out of the way and its cold
      4. No one likes them because of the cold war

I hope Arsenal fans throw things at Arshavin's dirty meerkat head.

Russia clearly won as they have given a number of FIFA representatives back handers with black money, the mafia runs the country so therefore they can afford to give away black money.

The country of Russia is extremely racist, even towards their own players like Martins who plays for Rubin Kazan. Keisuke Honda also gets a lot of stick because he is asian.

I certainly won't be attending the 2018 World Cup now that its being held in such a volatile nation, I will instead focus myself on going to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar - A beautiful country which is well looked after and did not cheat to win the 2022 bid. I will spend my money in their country rather than feed the greedy mafia run country that is Russia.

Football in the UK (FA,FAW,SFA) should pull out of ****ty FIFA and go independent because without England being tied to that ****ty organisation they can go on to do great things.

As an independent footballing country we could introduce things such as goal line technology which FIFA are too stupid to implement.

Most players would still want to come to the premiership to play football due to the wages they can demand. The premiership would still be more powerful and FIFA/UEFA (AKA ****ty Corrupt Snobs Who Know Nothing About Football) would have nothing.

Look at the champions league for the most of the time.

One year

Chelsea/United final - Liverpool in semi's - 3/4 in semi's were English

Liverpool 2005 winners, 2007 finalists,
      Man Utd - 2008 winners

Basically, without English football, UEFA would be clinging onto teams like Barca, Madrid, AC Milan and Inter. The latter two both play very slow football which most of the time is very unexciting to watch. English football makes it happen.

How the hell do Russia get the WC? Their domestic teams have done nothing ever in the history of football to ever warrant it.

No one who walks around in a suit like a proper posh bigot should decide the future of football. It should be decided by people like Beckham, Zidane, Totti etc Ambassadors for the sport to bring through the youth and do what is the best for football - not politics.

Therefore, I and many others I have spoken to are boycotting the ****ty Russian world cup 2018.

Roll on Qatar 2022.

ReputationRep:
      Its good.
      Africa then South America and then Europe/Asia (however you look at it) and then the Middle East. This is a WORLD cup..not a European cup! So its right that it should be held in various places around the world.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Focus08)
      Question:

What will happen to the stadiums after the WC in Qatar? Do they even have a league?

Seems a bit wasteful. In Germany they were put to good use at least
      They're going to be broken up and the pieces used to build stuff in 3rd world countries. That's part of what impressed the voters apparently.

ReputationRep:
      Well, maybe Brazil 2014 will be good :confused:

ReputationRep:
      There are some things money cant buy, but for Russia to win the right to host the world cup in 2018 there's Mastercard.

ReputationRep:
      Anyone else think that Qatar's football team plus home advantage might make them a force at the 2022 world cup?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jakemittle)
      Its good.
      Africa then South America and then Europe/Asia (however you look at it) and then the Middle East. This is a WORLD cup..not a European cup! So its right that it should be held in various places around the world.
      You notice all the 2018 bidders were from Europe right? It's already rotated around various continents, which is why we know we have to chance of hosting until 2030 at the earliest.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.