Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl having sex with 10 guys in a week is same as guy having 10 girls in one week? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Course its the same...unless you're sexist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    The girl is being used, whereas the lads are using. Thus, both genders play a different role which means the girl is not the same as the guy having sex so many times in a week. The girl is being used senseless, whereas the guy is using the girls sensless. Big difference which must be noted.
    What if all 10 guys are in love with this girl and hoping for a relationship and she just wants casual sex? Isnt she then using them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferdi.g)
    Right, I agree with quite a few of the above posters and will do my best to formulate an argument that is satisfactory to you.

Let me say in advance that I am neither happy nor do I approve of the following, but that is how things are imo.

Guys are generally less sensitive than girls. Therefore, guys often have the capacity to detach emotion AS WELL AS opinion from sex (meaning that guys can have sex with a girl they have no feelings for and they can lower their standards to a certain degree).

Now this is not the case with girls as far as I see (surely there are exceptions, but I'm generalising here).

Furthermore, it has long been "tradition" that the guy approaches the girl first (this is now changing, but one can still see a certain preservation of that tradition in today's society). This is why guys usually by drinks for girls, make the first move etc.

As a result, a guy usually has to 'hunt' and 'work' in order to get sexual intercourse from a girl. A girl on the other hand just has to 'wait' for a guy to approach her.

As there are usually less attractive girls (let's say at a club) than there are guys (regardless of their looks), one girl can be approached by numerous guys on a night out.

It is at this point that a girl needn't do anything but 'play along' with what the guy has to offer. Given the aforementioned circumstances, girls tend to be in a controlling/superior position and have the upper hand.

This is why we consider (be it true or false, right or wrong, good or bad) in today's society, that a man has to put more effort into getting a girl.

Sleeping with 10 people in a week would usually be considered slutty no matter who is concerned, however, given the effort that a man has to invest to only get sex ONCE, it is considered a great/impressive achievement to get 10 girls in a week.

In both cases the individuals are 'slutty' or ****s BUT in the guy's case, the achievement and effort overshadows the slutty aspect of it.

That's why guys are playa's and girls ****s (in this context)
    Great explannation and actually makes sense . Would you be the "player" or the "slut" in the hypothetical sit?

ReputationRep:
    Equally disgusting and trashy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace0fM1nd)
    The girl is being used, whereas the lads are using. Thus, both genders play a different role which means the girl is not the same as the guy having sex so many times in a week. The girl is being used senseless, whereas the guy is using the girls sensless. Big difference which must be noted.
    Er, how do you know? Girls can use guys just as much as guys use girls.

ReputationRep:
    One is a master key, the other is a faulty lock.

And that metaphor is relevant to sex since it is hard for a guy to get sex but easy for a girl. Studies have been done were an attractive guy asked random girls for sex and an attractive girl asked random guys for sex. The girls all said no, over 90% of the guys said yes.

Similarly a master key is tough to make while a faulty lock is easy to make.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to go ahead and END this argument, with the help of my friend Jim Jeffries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvavPJtSIUM

It's ****ing EASY to be a slut. It's ****ing HARD to be a stud.

Case closed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Now that's an interesting comment, a very interesting one.

Recently I did an essay on gendered behaviour, and in the reading one of the statements (I didn't put it in my essay) was about how in text books the sperm always did all of the work, they were the ones to penetrate into the egg. The egg doesn't do anything. Society has often looked at men as assertive, active, and women as passive.

If a woman wasn't active during sex, if it was one-sided, I'd be very surprised if both parties loved it.

The egg by the way helps to hold the sperm in position whilst it's being penetrated, that's why it has an outer layer.

From an active part the vagina releases fluid for lubrication, and generally loosens up a bit. Both parties are active.

To say that women trust more because 'they let men in' seems to be a conceptual mistake. I'm not going to have sex with a woman I don't trust (in normal everyday circumstances).
    There are risks, STI's, babies, she could be a very violent lover etc.
    At the very least part of having sex is being vulnerable. At the end of it if your (temporary) partner says "that was ****" you're going to question your abilities as a lover.

For many young men and women there is the shameful trap of them looking older than they are.

Another issue is women can often put the penis inside them with their hands.
    Surely that'd by your reasoning mean the man is putting the trust in the woman.
    And if you have any idea how sensitive a penis is you'll know that to be granted permission to use one is a very trusting thing.

I can see why you think what you think, but it doesn't make very much sense when we actually look at it.
    Women are the ones who can actually get pregnant though. It's their bodies who have to go through it all and men could just walk away before a child is even born. I've also heard that it's much easier for women to catch STIs. Think it's because the male's semen can go way up high where it can't be cleaned out, whereas it's more difficult for a female's secretions to go up the male's urethra. Little graphic but I hope you see my point.

It may not make much sense when you look at it, but sometimes we just have a deep down belief or feeling of whether something is respectful or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyPrettyThing)
    I'm going to go ahead and END this argument, with the help of my friend Jim Jeffries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvavPJtSIUM

It's ****ing EASY to be a slut. It's ****ing HARD to be a stud.

Case closed.
    You realise that that is the 3rd time that idiotic link has been posted on this thread? Try reading back before making pointless contributions in future.

It's complete and utter *******s anyway. It's no harder to be a male slut (aka "stud" :rolleyes: ) than it is to be a female one.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same, only in todays society...

The guy = lad
    The girl = ****

ReputationRep:
    I think sexuality can make a person imoral if they don't understand, it has not got a patch on love.

Kind Regards

ReputationRep:
    No matter if you're a girl or a guy, you must be a proper slut to have sex with 10 different people in one week.

ReputationRep:
    People talk such bull****. It's the EXACT same. People that think the girl is a '****' but the guy is not are idiots.
    I'm really sick of this question because it simply shows how society is completely deteriorating: mostly in terms of social attitudes and values. Also, the lock and key analogy is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at this thread. I've never heard so many **** key analogies in my life...

Anyway, it's exactly the same whether it's a male or female. I wouldn't say I agree with it but it's their lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    I think sexuality can make a person imoral if they don't understand, it has not got a patch on love.
    If it's legal and if there's informed consent then it's not immoral. And that goes for everything.

(Original post by Some Random Guy)
    And that metaphor is relevant to sex since it is hard for a guy to get sex but easy for a girl. Studies have been done were an attractive guy asked random girls for sex and an attractive girl asked random guys for sex. The girls all said no, over 90% of the guys said yes.
    Easy doesn't equate to wrong.

(Original post by a daedalus)
    If a key opens a lot of locks, it's a good key (innit?)

If a lock is opened by a lot of keys, it's a crappy lock.
    A penis is not a key. A vagina is not a lock.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raz_Webster_MUFC)
    I'd like to recommend the Linford Christie vs Camp Mates debate that was on this years "I'm a Celebrity... Get me out of here"... You will get a wide range of responses, from both males and females.
    thats the reason behind this question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    Women are the ones who can actually get pregnant though. It's their bodies who have to go through it all and men could just walk away before a child is even born. I've also heard that it's much easier for women to catch STIs. Think it's because the male's semen can go way up high where it can't be cleaned out, whereas it's more difficult for a female's secretions to go up the male's urethra. Little graphic but I hope you see my point.

It may not make much sense when you look at it, but sometimes we just have a deep down belief or feeling of whether something is respectful or not.
    Even with those being the case you're still presupposing value judgements that may not be within the women. If I were to get a woman pregnant I'd very much feel a need to be involved. And depending on the contraception I may have to put trust in the woman.
    I've not heard that about STI's, I'd be interested in seeing a source for it if anyone has one.

And those deep down beliefs are some of the scarier ones, think about religious people who believe that God wants them to kill people.

I know I'm not going to completely change your view, but I kind of hope that you're looking at things from a slightly different (although I'm sure similar) angle.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately with the majourity of society, this will mean the geeza is a player, and the girl, shes a used and abused ****...

you cant argue with that, you may personally feel different, but that is how society in general will interpret that situation.

the next question, logically, is why?...

that can have many different answers, i dont no, but maybe its because psycologically, are girls meant to be soft, weak, untouched, clean, sweet? and guys are meant to be strong, solid, rough, hard, manly?...who knows i dont care, sleeping around is equally bad with either gender in society, because of course it causes things like divorce (which can pretty much mess a kid up for life) and fights and violence.

i dont believe in sleeping around, its not right, it cant happen. and the problem is, people are so used to sleeping around...i.e. your with one girl 1 day, and another girl the next day, that one day you find yourself in a marriage, locked down to one person, and you cant suddenly say 'your dumped' and move on to the next girl you find in the club - but ur so used to doing it, how do you stop your self?...you dont, and that is why cheating, sleeping around, divorces are at an all time record high...

and how do you stop this from happening in society?...now theres an interesting question...

ReputationRep:
    The male still has to work harder to get girls which is why he is respected. The girls have it easy.

Not saying I agree with this but thats the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    Morally, yes. Socially, no.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.