Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2011 Society Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Jedward will feel right at home - am I the only one who has noticed the Eurovision lighting scheme is just like The X Factor's? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Jedward will feel right at home - am I the only one who has noticed the Eurovision lighting scheme is just like The X Factor's? lol
    Apparently the stage was designed by exactly the same person as The X Factor . He/she obviously isn't very imaginative .. it's just the X Factor stage with an oversized LED wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tieyourmotherdown)
    Apparently the stage was designed by exactly the same person as The X Factor . He/she obviously isn't very imaginative .. it's just the X Factor stage with an oversized LED wall.
    Haha how funny!

ReputationRep:
    Romania seem pretty good to me, they stand out a little bit more than everyone else. To me anyway

I spent 10 minutes looking for this thread in the TV forum, it never occurred to me to look in the music forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hood_Man)

I spent 10 minutes looking for this thread in the TV forum, it never occurred to me to look in the music forum
    Easy mistake when it comes to Eurovision

ReputationRep:
    Estonia are kinda good :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Jedward will get through solely because people have seen them on X factor :p:

It's a shame we don't put as much effort into selecting songs as we used to. But hey, why not now go to full hog and enter the pogues next year? Shane McGowan with a Europe wide audience would be hilarious!

(Original post by natty_d)
      Estonia are kinda good :erm:
      Her voice is a little grating/piercing on the higher notes.

ReputationRep:
      I am liking Romania and Estonia

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gozatron)
      Jedward will get through solely because people have seen them on X factor :p:

It's a shame we don't put as much effort into selecting songs as we used to. But hey, why not now go to full hog and enter the pogues next year? Shane McGowan with a Europe wide audience would be hilarious!
      Jedward will get through maybe because they have the X Factor

Shane McGowan would scare the audience doubt he would do much for tourism!

ReputationRep:
      Who are the Belarus singers trying to appeal to exactly? Themselves? Bizarre!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Hood_Man)
      Who are the Belarus singers trying to appeal to exactly? Themselves? Bizarre!
      Exactly Though I think Moldova have already won the bizarre award for this.....

Enjoyed Latvia's even if the singer appears to be the son of Dale Winton.

ReputationRep:
        I will never understand why so many acts insist on having people pretending to play instruments on stage when everyone knows live music is explicitly against the rules

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Stray_talk)
        Enjoyed Latvia's even if the singer appears to be the son of Dale Winton.
        :rofl:

ReputationRep:
        Denmark are nice to look at :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by mermania)
        I will never understand why so many acts insist on having people pretending to play instruments on stage when everyone knows live music is explicitly against the rules
        They probably won't know what to do with their hands if they didn't :/

I didn't like Latvia. I like Denmark though :teeth:
        • PS Helper
        • Wiki Support Team

Should've done Ghostbusters tbh :pierre:

ReputationRep:
        Whoever came up with this must have been on every kind of drug available.

ReputationRep:
        How can twins lack so much chemistry?

I'm... perplexed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.