Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    What's wrong with Mary Gee? From the people who lived there I've heard nothing but good things about it. And walking to Oadby via Mary Gee is a pleasant walk.
    My friend's sister went there and said the rooms were so small she could barely move around in it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting really pissed off now; I went unconditional firm on UCAS nearly a month ago. No offer for accommodation as of yet and no offical confirmation letter or joining pack from the admissions department either.

Why does it take so long, I would assume this is a quiet period before all the A-level results come out!

ReputationRep:
    I got my accommodation offer almost 2 weeks after I became unconditional

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    I got my accommodation offer almost 2 weeks after I became unconditional
    When did you become unconditional and where did you apply?

(just wondering if they are allocating certain accommodation types first?)

ReputationRep:
    I became unconditional 2 weeks ago and I applied in April I think ;P got my offer today

Oh and I applied to JoFo only and got my 1st choice premium flat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    I became unconditional 2 weeks ago and I applied in April I think ;P got my offer today

Oh and I applied to JoFo only and got my 1st choice premium flat
    Ok, well I emailed them last week and they told me I wouldn't be getting an offer soon because they had a backlog....

But you became firm after me and I applied in before you in March!

I'm phoning them tomorrow, not putting up with BS.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear mate,I also emailed them about my offer and they said I should be getting one soon 2 days ago.Don't know what's the deal with your case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigV)
    Ok, well I emailed them last week and they told me I wouldn't be getting an offer soon because they had a backlog....

But you became firm after me and I applied in before you in March!

I'm phoning them tomorrow, not putting up with BS.
    Mine took 28 days...and that was 2 months ago!

ReputationRep:
    i got my offer after 6 weeks or so , but yeah

GMS , Bredon House, floor 2

anyone else there ?

ReputationRep:
    I emailed to withdraw my application for accommodation a couple of days ago and now they have made me an offer! - No doubt done just so they can charge me a cancellation fee!

ReputationRep:
    Why would you withdraw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidwai)
    i got my offer after 6 weeks or so , but yeah

GMS , Bredon House, floor 2

anyone else there ?
    You'll be lucky I feel, although it's possible. I think there is only the one other room on your floor and about 12-15 people overall in the house. It is one of the out houses right by the gym. I was in Fields House which is the house right in front of the gym although it is being knocked down and rebuilt so noone will be in Fields next year. You should have Stoughton Leys thought, the house closest to the astro and with it's own little car park. About 15 people in there two.

ReputationRep:
    Nixon Court block K anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ_86)
    Nixon Court block K anyone?
    Block F...I think you're on the opposite end of the "court"!

ReputationRep:
    I've been allocated Gilbert Murray hall catered, even though all my choices were self catered. I'm going to call them up and see if they have any self catered rooms left. i really don't wan't catered, don't think it would be right for me : /

ReputationRep:
    is anyone have a idea about premium plus single in nixon court?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jboot04)
    I've been allocated Gilbert Murray hall catered, even though all my choices were self catered. I'm going to call them up and see if they have any self catered rooms left. i really don't wan't catered, don't think it would be right for me : /
    No there aren't, loads of people have phoned up and already posted this fact on the thread, everyone wants self catered, there is only a quarter self catered, so yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snap.Crackle.Pop.)
    Just got my accommodation offer GMS Lasdun Block, Premium Single, Catered: my first choice
    Also, it says Floor 01, does that mean ground floor or one up?

Heyy, I think it means one up, I found someone who's on Floor 00 so that must be ground

I'm in Lasdun as well! Block BX, Floor 01 (: Which block you in?

ReputationRep:
    should I be worried that after 3 days, ive still found no-one in Lasdun block GX yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xniczx)
    Heyy, I think it means one up, I found someone who's on Floor 00 so that must be ground

I'm in Lasdun as well! Block BX, Floor 01 (: Which block you in?
    I'm in BX too Hello flatmate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.