Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from the Business school yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaydeLauryn)
    Submitted 24 pics, no landscapey ones though, so I felt i was very unvaried, but they did say "choose pictures which show your interests as a photographer" so yknow.

Then I did my event thing on my friends first tattoo, and my article-essay was on a photo of riots/jail releases.

Just waiting for my rejection lololo. Really not confident about it.

What did you submit?
    also I'm sorry. Stirling is good though yeah?
    I didnt apply there :/
    That sounds really good! Good for you dont be negative, think positive, just wait and see! I emailed them and they said that they received over 400 applications and the first year course only has enough space for 40 :P so they have had to reject a lot of good candidates... so dont be downhearted if its a bad outcome, but im sure it wont come to that goood luck anyways!!!

I submitted about 20 somethig pictures, just a mixture really... a video that i created, like a music video type thing :O and for my event i submitted pictures about my 2 friends 17th birthday and written submission was about the floods in austrailia! Yeah i visited Stirling, it looks so brilliant! So I am just hoping for the best now... I really want Stiring XXXX

ReputationRep:
    Hey all I'm new to this forum!
    I had an interview on friday and they said it could be up to 2 weeks until i find out if i've got in or not, and the waiting is KILLING me! And it's only sunday!!

What is everyone doing about accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsauce101)
    Napier undergrad/under 21 accommodation is Riego Street and West Tollcross and Fountainbridge so they will be my choices if I go to Napier, would've liked to be able to apply to the other flats as well but sadly not able to, and iQ is too expensive for me

ReputationRep:
    ahh i think i would be going into west bryson road (if i go into university accomodation)
    its just annoying how expensive it is!!!

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for the offer to International Business Studies ...
    I have already got 3 conditionals and 1 unsuccessful.
    Edinburgh Napier would be my second choice if they gave me a conditional, so it's interesting to see what will they say ..

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I went to the open day on saturday and got to see the Riego st accommodation. Looks really nice, like a little complex about 10mins walk from Princes st. Flats have 4 or 5 students, there's loads of cupboard space in the kitchen and the bedrooms are a reasonable size too. You get a sink in the bedroom. In 4 bed flats there's 2 toilets, 1 shower to share. In 5 bed flats there's 2 toilets, 2 showers to share. Not wireless internet, but cable is provided. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    And how was the open day? Tell something about it, about Sighthill campus, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MlDlOuu)
    And how was the open day? Tell something about it, about Sighthill campus, etc...
    I really loved it! After the introduction we got put into groups depending on what we applied for and the psychology and sociology group was quite small but it means we all got to ask questions and stuff, and we were talked to by a 4th year student, a psychology lecturer and a sociology lecturer and they were all really nice. Then we got a tour and I think Sighthill is really impressive.
    There's a 5 story library, 2 of which are pc suites. The psychology department also has a private pc suite, I would assume most other departments also do. From the 5th story you can see all the way to Edinburgh castle and Arthur's Seat, sadly there were some high-story flats in the way of the view but otherwise it's great and apparently that area's going to be rebuilt so it will all look nice
    The classrooms are practical, the one we were in was small and basic but you don't need much more. The lecture theatre I saw was very big and had a huge wall for presentations. The psychology labs are really cool, they have loads of gadgets for experiments like eye trackers etc.
    We got to see the sports area too, there's a gym and a sports hall which has tennis courts in one half and in the other half we saw the aikido society practising, which was great for me because if I go to Napier I want to join them.
    In the main building there's also the atrium which is the centre of the building and if you're ever lost you can find your way from there, and an area for eating and hanging out.

I really liked it, other than being a wee bit out of Edinburgh I think the Sighthill campus is great and would be amazing to study in

ReputationRep:
    Nice stuff! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ohh it sounds good. I'm really want to study there..
    Btw I asked uni admissions if they can change my course to Psychology and Sociology. So now I'm waiting their decision.. No matter what the answer will be, I'll study there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessibear)
    Nope. No-one i've spoken to who has applied has got any either.
    When was your interview?
    Has everyone been called for interviews? I've applied for journalism but basically haven't heard anything from Napier besides an invitation to the open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MlDlOuu)
    Ohh it sounds good. I'm really want to study there..
    Btw I asked uni admissions if they can change my course to Psychology and Sociology. So now I'm waiting their decision.. No matter what the answer will be, I'll study there..
    What did you originally apply for? They were telling us that people who applied for only psychology were likely to be rejected but people who applied for the joint degree are more likely to get in, so maybe that was a good move
    It might be a bit late though, got my fingers crossed for you

ReputationRep:
    Social Sciences.
    But I just tried..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yils)
    Has everyone been called for interviews? I've applied for journalism but basically haven't heard anything from Napier besides an invitation to the open day.
    I've had an interview for adult nursing. Just awaiting their response now!
    They said up to two weeks, and those two weeks can't come quick enough!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any answers from Criminology? This is the last answer my girlfriend needs to receive as the other universities rejected her. She applied with A*AB. Any chances to get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to study English and Film at Napier but I haven't got an offer yet

I wanted to stay in iQ Grove Street but it seems pretty full already? Its kinda annoying that I couldn't get a space there earlier because it's taken them so long to give me an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nampen)
    I wanted to stay in iQ Grove Street but it seems pretty full already? Its kinda annoying that I couldn't get a space there earlier because it's taken them so long to give me an offer.
    You can't apply for accommodation until the 2nd of May so no, it's not full yet And you'll have a reply by then as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsauce101)
    Hey all I'm new to this forum!
    I had an interview on friday and they said it could be up to 2 weeks until i find out if i've got in or not, and the waiting is KILLING me! And it's only sunday!!

I had an interview at edinburgh napier on friday for adult nursing. And the wait is killing me as well. It's my first choice and i don't know what i'll do if i don't get in!:/
    What are you applying for? and how did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agudger)
    I had an interview at edinburgh napier on friday for adult nursing. And the wait is killing me as well. It's my first choice and i don't know what i'll do if i don't get in!:/
    What are you applying for? and how did your interview go?
    Hi Im new to this forum and i had my interview for adult nursing on the 7th of March and was told that the wait was two weeks for an answer and the rest of my class and i are still waiting for an answer!!!How was ur interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.