The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

She's not just curvy, she's fat ! Look at the stomach on her.
Nice face though - I still would..
Original post by .Ali.
...And you've totally disregarded all my other points.

Everything has risks. As long as people pay for the services (through taxes in this case), and they're not hurting anyone else, let them live how they want to live.

I don't see why I should waste my time on someone who is blatantly trying to justify their selves, due to the fact they used to be fat.
I'd much rather have a girl who was "a bit too fat" over a girl who was "a bit to skinny". Skinny makes me cringe.

Sadly people (deluded people) probably think someone like this is fat:

I think she's lovely, no matter what her weight is.

Look at her pretty face, thick hair and perfect skin? I know plenty of skinny girls with spotty skin and lank hair- and I'd rather look like her any day of the week, even if it meant being a little chubbier.
Reply 224
Original post by my_username_was_taken
I don't see why I should waste my time on someone who is blatantly trying to justify their selves, due to the fact they used to be fat.

I've never been fat. There's nothing to justify. Personally, I just don't concern myself with other people's lives.
Original post by a_t
lol this

and also considering what perfect is in your mind, double fail

you know where I get 90% of my nutritional info from for a healthy diet? This lol http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1116113

And its pretty ****ing bang on, good read for people with a heavy exercise regime

Thankyou very ****ing much, this is just what I was looking for. Fantastic, +rep if i can.
I don't actually know anyone who thinks fat = curvy. Sure, the media keep shoving that message down our throats but who actually believes it? Women like the one in the magazine are the exception not the norm. And so what if thinking she is curvy makes her feel good about herself? We already have enough insecure, miserable girls, we don't need more.

And well done on the super-original thread OP.
nah brah, i'd tap dat
Original post by Justin Hammer
Thats because you were lazy and rather daft. Anyone with any sense knows the key to losing weight healthily is a balanced diet and regular exercise. Funny all the people in great shape do this

I'm sorry...but I admit at that point in my life I was daft....and I had no sense. It was a tough point of life and certain unfourtunate events had changed me. I wasn't lazy....as well as starving I started joining lots of sports clubs....suddenly I got quite ill because of it because I lost quite a bit of weight....in the wrong way.

It was a huge psychological thing.....I would even wear clothes that were a lot bigger.....so they would be baggy....because I thought that was the size I was....and wanted to hide.

I'm sorry I don't fit into your standards of what make sense and what doesn't.

But everyone makes mistakes...in order to learn from it.
I'm sure you make mistakes too.
Reply 229
Original post by basketofsnakes
****ing media putting the idea in fatties' heads that this = curvy

this is what a 'real woman' actually is by today's standards.

sad.

"plus size model"?

lmao what a joke

I like a woman with some squish. She looks fine to me.
Original post by my_username_was_taken
:rofl: Look up cognitive dissonance as I can't be bothered explaining.

Also I agree with what the previous guy who quoted you said:

Thats because you were lazy and rather daft. Anyone with any sense knows the key to losing weight healthily is a balanced diet and regular exercise. Funny all the people in great shape do this

Not hard is it?

I know exactly what cognitive dissonance is thanks :smile:

But that, it wasn't

The reason I'm happy now is because I've realised that I am a healthy size as I am....and I'm healthy and happy in myself....because life is beautiful.

It isn't anything to do with me giving up and then saying "well, I didn't want to be thin anyway" or anything.

It's far more complex than that.

BESIDES!! I find it so funny how you pick up on the one part that you knew you could comeback on...because it gave you an oppotunity to ridicule...
..yet you somehow ignore all the other important, valid points that I was making....ironic isn't it? :rolleyes:
hehe! :biggrin:

hhmmm...interesting ...
**sigh** do you really know how these words can effect people? or are you doing it for that reason?
If you truly think people should become more healthy, why not influence them to loose weight instead of bully? that's all 70% of this thread is.
one girl from my old school was constantly told she was hideous because of her size. Two years into high school she was found dead. Jumped of a carpark because of ****s who programmed into her head that she never fitted into a small category. I trully believe in eating healthy and exercise to mentain health, but to use it to brainwash people is sick!
Reply 234
Original post by thisisnew
I'd much rather have a girl who was "a bit too fat" over a girl who was "a bit to skinny". Skinny makes me cringe.

Sadly people (deluded people) probably think someone like this is fat:

Lol she is fat.

People who say girls like that are good looking clearly have got no game at all.

Barely any players on tsr.
Original post by colabottles
I understand your point but her having a figure like that doesn't meant she eats unhealthily - I know someone has a very similar figure to that and she goes to the gym, eats all foods in moderation etc. They're not promoting unhealthyness - just trying to make everybody feel equal, because it's awful when people who are naturally bigger feel awful just because they're told they have to be thin!

true, but you could say the same about very thin women, it doesn't mean they should be put out there as an aspiration.
Reply 236
why does it matter? and why are you getting so emotional about it?

obviously she's not your kind of girl, but that doesn't mean she's nobody's. she beautiful. i'd rather be slightly chubby and gorgeous than incredibly skinny and fugly. they've put her in an awkward position with an unflattering bra (where's the support?!?!) but if she dressed up and wore pretty clothes, would you seriously care that much?
Reply 237
You say this like you're the epitome of perfection :rolleyes:
Original post by Amuroray
Lol she is fat.

People who say girls like that are good looking clearly have got no game at all.

get a grip you nonce
Reply 239
Original post by Amuroray
Lol she is fat.

Barely any players on tsr.

she is not fat!

its dicks like you with words like that who drive younger and younger girls to pro-ana sites and set up their aspirations to become unhealthily thin, only to suffer major health problems and mental issues as well.

clearly guys have yet to understand the full impact of their words on some girls :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending