Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm sick being treated like a piece of meat at clubs. . . Watch

ReputationRep:
    From what I've seen, the girls who get tons of guys harassing them are the ones who provoke it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yet again, someone who hasn't read my original post, or in fact, ANY of my posts.

I don't go out dressed as a ****. I often go out in jeans, NEVER reveal my cleavage and wear flats (mostly because I'm so tall).

I even got my drink spiked wearing jeans, a baggy thick knit jumper and big boots.

Also, you and many others say you "have no sympathy for me", when you don't have a clue about what's happened to me and what happens to some girls. You must think I'm some duckfaced **** with a face full of makeup who encourages men on the dancefloor when I don't. I hardly drink and never make eye contact or go to a club to pull.

Don't make such rash judgements on people unless you know the situation, or hell even READ my posts beforehand as you will actually understand the situation.
    I have heard this so often, yet I don't understand why you repeatedly go to these clubs knowing you get this kind of treatment? don't you any have self respect? if you get treated like this maybe you can have a good time somewhere else? a pub maybe? I go out dressed in jeans and t-shirt and I NEVER get treated like this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roses and hello)
    i know this has probably been said many times, but you're an idiot. you're saying that the only reason a girl would wear anything other than jeans and a baggy t-shirt is to encourage sexual advances from guys? that's the worst kind of 1970s type feminism. i'll just wander round in a sack, shall i, because not to do so would imply that i'm looking for sex.
    no it hasn't been said many times because I am not an idiot. I am saying that if she cannot go out wearing a dress without being hit on so badly then perhaps some jeans and t-shirt would be better. by all means wear a little black dress if you can have a good time without men groping you but if you can't then wear something less revealing. besides she says that she wears a jeans and t-shirt anyway and gets this kind of attention well maybe clubs aren't the place for her then. if she gets treated like this and she doesn't like it then she should find a place that is better for her but she insists on going back and being treated like this over and over again. this is so pathetic! if you get treated like a piece of meat in some club then DON'T GO TO A ****ING CLUB! and this whole "but i want to have fun too!" well if you want to have fun this way and you get treated like this no matter what you do then deal with it!

ReputationRep:
    ask your friends to stick with you or tell everyone that you're gay

ReputationRep:
    Get a boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dorito)
    Try and go out with some male friends.

Other men will never approach you if you're in a large group, especially if there are some other lads there.

If they do approach just get one of the lads to dance with you or hold your hand for a second and pretend they are your boyfriend, they will back off. I hate these absolute douches that go out drinking their WKD's trying to pull someone in their best Henleys... they need to sort their lives out.
    You hate people who go to a club and try to pull? What world are you living in? I mean they should be slapped for drinking such a pathetic beverage if there's lager or bitter available, but you've just made one of the strangest comments I've ever seen posted here. Jesus Christ!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinshed)
    don't dress like a slut. if you are there to have a good time with your friends wear no make up, jeans and a baggy t-shirt. otherwise don't complain. if you dress provocatively then you deserve what comes your way. it's as simple as that.
    shut up, you stupid *****.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by tinshed)
    no it hasn't been said many times because I am not an idiot. I am saying that if she cannot go out wearing a dress without being hit on so badly then perhaps some jeans and t-shirt would be better. by all means wear a little black dress if you can have a good time without men groping you but if you can't then wear something less revealing. besides she says that she wears a jeans and t-shirt anyway and gets this kind of attention well maybe clubs aren't the place for her then. if she gets treated like this and she doesn't like it then she should find a place that is better for her but she insists on going back and being treated like this over and over again. this is so pathetic! if you get treated like a piece of meat in some club then DON'T GO TO A ****ING CLUB! and this whole "but i want to have fun too!" well if you want to have fun this way and you get treated like this no matter what you do then deal with it!
    You really think you know her so well don't you. She has already stressed she hasn't wore anything exactly revealing, some people are just plain unlucky and get the sleezy idiots in the clubs. It is time you came down from your high horse and stop blaming her for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    You hate people who go to a club and try to pull? What world are you living in? I mean they should be slapped for drinking such a pathetic beverage if there's lager or bitter available, but you've just made one of the strangest comments I've ever seen posted here. Jesus Christ!
    No, if you read my comment again you'll see I was clearly talking about the stereotypical chavvy clubber. You know the type, I'm sure. I don't mind people going to pull in clubs but when these people are going from girl to girl it just screams desperation and I always cringe.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.