Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Any girls like muscular guys anymore? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veux)
    Yes, the ones that don't tend to be fighting natural attraction as they're insecure and don't want a guy that can get it elsewhere. Funny how it tends to be girls on a student forum (who tend to study hard, not be fun, intellectualize sex and not get the hot boys) who want a tubby guy or a skinny girl. How often do you see a hot, attractive, confident girl whose ideal guy is skinny or tubby lol!
    Ah, another one. :rolleyes: It may interest you to know that as well as studying, a lot of us have social lives as well, and are fairly attractive. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm not ugly by a long stretch of the imagination, and I dislike muscle. I'm also very confident and outgoing, so I don't seem to fit your stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I'm not, I'm just not a huge fan of muscles.
    Yeah but compared to that rake, surely you'd take the other guy?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm, does this mean I should stop working towards a six pack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not really, and I doubt professors call people 'freaks'. People value different things in life, and people find different things attractive. I've never been a sports fanatic and have never found super sporty/active guys attractive. Also, there are several theories on attraction, nothing is set in stone. There are also exceptions to every rule, like some men liking abnormally small or large boobs, for example.
    :troll:
    You liked the guys on the other page who were certainly sporty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veux)
    That's probably because you are worried that they won't be on call to spend time with you, or you don't want a guy with the confidence that comes with being a good sports player.

If you saw a top flight muscly rugby player naked, you'd say you wouldn't get attracted to him 'in your head', but you'd be getting moist.
    Not really, I don't like it when I hug guys and their skin feels all hard and lumpy. I find it a bit gross. I really doubt it, unless he had an absolutely beautiful face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    :troll:
    You liked the guys on the other page who were certainly sporty.
    Yeah but not excessively sporty. They also had stunning faces, if they didn't have nice faces, I wouldn't have liked them as much. Why is it so difficult to accept that girls may not always like muscle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Yeah but compared to that rake, surely you'd take the other guy?
    I didn't like either, the one who has muscles has popping veins and that was a bit disgusting. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I like some muscle, but not over the top though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but everything should be controlled and not overdone.

and I don't really like skinny guys, as I prefer guys who can give you big, secure hugs and touch you so you feel safe and not worried about the body mass ratio between you lol With skinny guys, I would feel I can't even sit on their lap, ofc no offense to anyone, just a personal preference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I didn't like either, the one who has muscles has popping veins and that was a bit disgusting. :eek:
    So on a attractive scale, they are both 0/10? As in, neither is better than the other? Forget what your attracted to, just tell me which one looks better that's all. You don't have to be attracted to him to choose :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Ah, another one. :rolleyes: It may interest you to know that as well as studying, a lot of us have social lives as well, and are fairly attractive. Not to toot my own horn, but I'm not ugly by a long stretch of the imagination, and I dislike muscle. I'm also very confident and outgoing, so I don't seem to fit your stereotype.
    What do you mean when you say you don't like muscle. That you'd get wetter and more horny if you saw a guy with a great face and personality and a nice willy if he was skinny or tubby, than if he was muscular?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    So on a attractive scale, they are both 0/10? As in, neither is better than the other? Forget what your attracted to, just tell me which one looks better that's all. You don't have to be attracted to him to choose :P
    Yeah they're both as bad as eachother, just in different ways. :|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veux)
    What do you mean when you say you don't like muscle. That you'd get wetter and more horny if you saw a guy with a great face and personality and a nice willy if he was skinny or tubby, than if he was muscular?
    Yes, exactly. I've never seen the facination with muscles at all, I just don't find them attractive. Especially when they get huge, then they're actively unattractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Yes, exactly. I've never seen the facination with muscles at all, I just don't find them attractive. Especially when they get huge, then they're actively unattractive.
    AKA someone being in shape puts pressure on you to stay in shape and you are to insecure to deal with that so you shoot low and go for someone average who does not boast confidence. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    WSM starts tonight by the way. 8pm on Bravo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Yeah but not excessively sporty. They also had stunning faces, if they didn't have nice faces, I wouldn't have liked them as much. Why is it so difficult to accept that girls may not always like muscle?
    Because those girls would be a freak of nature, quite literally
    And there faces wouldn't have been as nice if they didn't do sport/work out thanks to body fat % etc.
    Simply put, you do like guys with muscle, just not body builders, but the athletic look. If it was between having a guy with a nice face and was anorexic to the same face on a guy with an athletic body, we all know which you'd go for.

ReputationRep:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6cIetirjAU...in_Macken1.jpg

Eoin Macken :love:

I highly doubt anyone has anything against muscles. It's when they go over the top, it's not nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

OK, lucky for you as most girls go for the hunky guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    AKA someone being in shape puts pressure on you to stay in shape and you are to insecure to deal with that so you shoot low and go for someone average who does not boast confidence. :rolleyes:
    Actually no, as I tend to go for extremely confident guys. I'm not insecure at all, I'm not out of shape and I have a pretty good figure. I just don't see lumpy, hard gross skin as a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Because those girls would be a freak of nature, quite literally
    And there faces wouldn't have been as nice if they didn't do sport/work out thanks to body fat % etc.
    Simply put, you do like guys with muscle, just not body builders, but the athletic look. If it was between having a guy with a nice face and was anorexic to the same face on a guy with an athletic body, we all know which you'd go for.
    They really wouldn't. Yes they would, I've seen fat guys with beautiful faces before. I do like the athletic look, but it's not the ONLY look I like, and I don't favour it over any others.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.