The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

ooohhh... I am confident in myself... but as exams are nearer and nearer, I am starting to get nervous -_- I can't fail!!! But It's so scary...
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 221
Original post by EasyA
Hey I had a question
Do you guys get frequent mail ( email or post) from UCL? The last mail I got from UCL was sometime in January.I keep on getting mails from Warwick and since I'm not familiar with the procedure there I'd like to know whether you guys are updated by UCL frequently?

nope, i have not received one email from them
Firmed UCL for Elec Eng :biggrin:

Can't wait for September, should be epiccccc!

(unless I miss my offer.. In which case I'll die of shame :P :smile:)
Starting this September for BA Archaeology and Anthropology. Deferred from last year, so I've already met my offer. It's pretty much just a matter of turning up. Got my accommodation forms all filled out and whatnot.
Reply 224
Original post by EasyA
hey! thanks for replying back D: I'm relieved :smile:

my pleasure :smile:
Reply 225
Firmed A*AA for ESPS! Got my Accomodation Postcard today, made a strange excited scream noise and my Mum thought I was choking. So excited!
Original post by Tomrawr
Firmed A*AA for ESPS! Got my Accomodation Postcard today, made a strange excited scream noise and my Mum thought I was choking. So excited!

Whats this accomodation postcard? Have you already got accom confirmed then? :smile:

Cheers
Reply 227
Original post by meganf92
I've had a conditional offer for Geography BA. My offer is AABC.
I have firmed on UCAS and recieved a letter to confirm my choice but have recieved nothing from UCL. Should I be worried, or not?!

I have a conditional for BA Geography too :smile:
AAA though :/
Haven't heard anything from UCL either :/
I've already firmed my conditional for BSc Geography and had the UCAS letter, but nowt from UCL themselves.
Ok, slight panic, I did my accommodation ages ago, before the prices for this year had come out, and now I'm worried that I didn't put down a high enough amount on the maximum amount I was willing to pay weekly for accommodation to get where I want to go, should I ring the accommodation services and check?
Reply 230
Hello! I'm an American postgraduate trying to choose between UCL and Edinburgh. I am leaning towards UCL but was hoping someone could explain to me what having a school as "insurance" means? Do you accept two offers (and pay two deposits)?

Thanks a bunch!!
Reply 231
Original post by JKayla
Hello! I'm an American postgraduate trying to choose between UCL and Edinburgh. I am leaning towards UCL but was hoping someone could explain to me what having a school as "insurance" means? Do you accept two offers (and pay two deposits)?

Thanks a bunch!!

Ok I don't know what it is like for international postgraduate applicants. I am an undergraduate applicant. We get offers before we finish our school year so they give us conditional offers like on condition a I get AAB for UCL. Exam results come up mid august. We make applications online to 5 Universities then depending on which Universities gives us offer we decide where we would like to go. Hence,tthe University you definitely want to go to we put it down as a firm. Then we put down another university which asks for lower grades as insurance. The rest three we decline them. Insurance in a sense that suppose I don't get AAB as UCL asked me to I get ABB instead. If that happens (God forbid) and the requirement for the University I put down as my insurance is ABB. Then I will end up going to my insurance University. If you have unconditional offer then you do need to worry about insurance University because you already met the requirement for the university you want to go. I do not know about the deposit for International students sorry we do not pay deposits we get loan at the start of the academic year the loan will pay the University we are enrolled in directly. Hope others students in TSR knows much about International postgraduate applicants. Hope I did not bore you. Bottom line. If you have unconditional offer then no need for insurance. :smile: Choose UCL London is lovely, Edinburgh is lovely too but I am biased.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 232
Original post by Meron
Ok I don't know what it is like for international postgraduate applicants. I am an undergraduate applicant. We get offers before we finish our school year so they give us conditional offers like on condition a I get AAB for UCL. Exam results come up mid august. We make applications online to 5 Universities then depending on which Universities gives us offer we decide where we would like to go. Hence,tthe University you definitely want to go to we put it down as a firm. Then we put down another university which asks for lower grades as insurance. The rest three we decline them. Insurance in a sense that suppose I don't get AAB as UCL asked me to I get ABB instead. If that happens (God forbid) and the requirement for the University I put down as my insurance is ABB. Then I will end up going to my insurance University. If you have unconditional offer then you do need to worry about insurance University because you already met the requirement for the university you want to go. I do not know about the deposit for International students sorry we do not pay deposits we get loan at the start of the academic year the loan will pay the University we are enrolled in directly. Hope others students in TSR knows much about International postgraduate applicants. Hope I did not bore you. Bottom line. If you have unconditional offer then no need for insurance. :smile: Choose UCL London is lovely, Edinburgh is lovely too but I am biased.

Thank you, Meron!! That makes sense. I am still trying to get accustomed to the different system so really appreciate your response! I received an unconditional offer so obviously no need for an insurance school! Great! I am planning to accept my UCL offer this week! So excited about living in London for a year! :smile:
Reply 233
Original post by JKayla
Thank you, Meron!! That makes sense. I am still trying to get accustomed to the different system so really appreciate your response! I received an unconditional offer so obviously no need for an insurance school! Great! I am planning to accept my UCL offer this week! So excited about living in London for a year! :smile:

Very nice :borat: you will not regret it, hopefully. You can always visit Edinburgh. What subject will you be studying? I do not know if you have seen it but there is this American guy who studied at UCL he made short videos about his experiences in UCL and in Europe in general. The series of videos are called "YIIE" meaning Yankin' it in Europe, An American guide to studying abroad. May be something to help you familiarise with London and UCL. :smile:
i've firmed for ancient world studies just now!
Reply 235
Hey!

I'm hopefully starting this fall a BA in Scandinavian Studies. I was made a conditional offer, being from Spain I need to first pass an English test.
Anyone else for Scandinavian Studies around? :smile:
Reply 236
I have firmed for information management for business
Heyy do you guys have any idea how the whole housing thing works for conditional students? I cant finalize my offer until about... June when the exam results come out but my friend who got into UCL as an unconditional student last year told me he signed up for a dorm this time around... any idea? I know it's rather presumtuous of me to be worrying about housing when I still have exams to revise and all that.. but I really cannot afford to live outside of school... :P
Firmed UCL last month. Havent heard from them till yet and havent received any accommodation forms either though !!
Ps: if i think ill fall just a bit short of my conditions should I mail them beforehand or later after the results?
(bear in mind i have non standard qualifications. 70% in the first year of delhi university exams is my condition. That is equal to a first. I guess they will take me in with a 2:1 as well :tongue: )
A100 Medicine (2011 Entry) firmer! :biggrin:
just sent off my health clearance form and applied for self catered accommodation... really hope I get the grades :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending