Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world
    And you are from? I don't suppose it's Britain, is it?

ReputationRep:
    All these polls are ridiculous. If we're not being told the world thinks we're ugly, we're being told we have a terrible quality of life or awful health. All it does is feed into the Daily Mail delusion that everywhere is idyllic and wonderful while britain is miserable, grey and horrible.

And in any case, to take these polls in any way seriously is being too self conscious.

ReputationRep:
    Lol anyone ever heard that beauty is in the eye of the beholder? **** because we have a crooked teeth and all look like Cockerneys or Prince Charles. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)
    All these polls are ridiculous. If we're not being told the world thinks we're ugly, we're being told we have a terrible quality of life or awful health. All it does is feed into the Daily Mail delusion that everywhere is idyllic and wonderful while britain is miserable, grey and horrible.

And in any case, to take these polls in any way seriously is being way too self conscious.
    Meh except it when you conquer 1/4 of the globe some people are going to be bitter. Screw 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spazman21)
    So, you determine whether people are sluts based on the way they look?

Are you implying that because they're attractive they must be sluts... Most of the sluts I know are ugly or average looking.

And, yes, attractive people do float my boat; however, that doesn't mean I think of them superior to ugly people in any way; I'm not superficial enough to think so...

I think your post was quite judgmental and superficial. But, I'm not going to judge you as a person on one post...
    i said THEY LOOK LIKE SLUTS- not that they ARE...
    just what they were wearing no need to throw a hissy fit :rolleyes:
    who you calling superficial???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    i said THEY LOOK LIKE SLUTS- not that they ARE...
    just what they were wearing no need to throw a hissy fit :rolleyes:
    who you calling superficial???

Re-read the last line, carefully.

ReputationRep:

Disagree :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    :facepalm2:

Please tell me this isn't how you actually think that genetics works. Please.

How do you think that variation arose between and within individual populations that migrated to the UK? (or anywhere else) Mutation. It didn't suddenly stop happening once those populations migrated to the UK. Lots of migration + long period of time since migration + mutation = substantial variation!

Tell you what, I'll buy you a biology textbook for Christmas next year! You obviously need it.
    :facepalm:
    So a Mexican and a Brit have a child. The child then goes on to marry and mate with a Brit. Repeat 20 times. Are you really trying to tell me that that kid will still be as varied genetically as the original child between the Brit and Mexican?
    I think you're the one in desperate need a biology textbook
    What helps with genetic variation is environmental variation. If you just have a small island with no variation in pretty much anything shacking up for 1000 years, this is going to lead to a very small genetic gene pool compared to say somewhere like America which is made up of immigrants from every corner of the globe.
    There hasn't been lots of migration over a long period :facepalm:
    How about you answer the question I said? Instead of being juvenile and trying to argue against a fact (smooth move) explain why it is that Brits are generally known as being ugly? Or too busy eating your Crayola? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Re-read the last line, carefully.
    or read between the lines...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtfCharlie)

Disagree :no:
    You can't disagree...It's fact that foreigners regard Brits as ugly. So try to explain why, not warp the truth. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    :facepalm:
    So a Mexican and a Brit have a child. The child then goes on to marry and mate with a Brit. Repeat 20 times. Are you really trying to tell me that that kid will still be as varied genetically as the original child between the Brit and Mexican?
    I think you're the one in desperate need a biology textbook
    What helps with genetic variation is environmental variation. If you just have a small island with no variation in pretty much anything shacking up for 1000 years, this is going to lead to a very small genetic gene pool compared to say somewhere like America which is made up of immigrants from every corner of the globe.
    There hasn't been lots of migration over a long period :facepalm:
    You've never been to London and Birmingham obviously.

Seeing as you're stereotyping Brits left right and centre, where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    What are you talking about silly boy, there are plenty of good looking British women.
    Plenty? I never though anyone would find a 5ft 4' overweight tubbo attractive......

(Original post by No Man)

Wow, I never knew that all of England was only London and Birmingham.........:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    or read between the lines...
    Ohh Amsie... at least you like Burial.

ReputationRep:
    Most Brits don't keep fit, have sedentary lifestyles and little exposure to sunlight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)

Yeah because the blacks and Pakistani's totally intermix with their white brethren and are all part of a wonderful multicultural rainbow! :rofl:
    Or how about these immigrants don't intermingle and are therefore useless in terms of genetic variety?
    Where I am from has nothing to do with the foreign perspective does it? :confused: Or trying for some ad-hominem argument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelykatana)
    If your in a club with a top that shows pretty much all your tits, and you have no bra
    your a slut. Or atleast someone who deserves no decent treatment from men.
    stfu that girl was fine, dont discourage her

ReputationRep:
    Ohh Amsie... at least you like Burial.
    haha... everyone gives in... eventually... :devil3:

ReputationRep:
    OP has clearly not been to scotland :facepalm2:

...that was a joke btw, before everyone starts stereotyping me and scotland :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Yeah because the blacks and Pakistani's totally intermix with their white brethren and are all part of a wonderful multicultural rainbow! :rofl:
    Or how about these immigrants don't intermingle and are therefore useless in terms of genetic variety?
    Where I am from has nothing to do with the foreign perspective does it? :confused: Or trying for some ad-hominem argument?

I still want to know where the multicultural rainbow is that's located elsewhere in Europe.

You still haven't given your opinion about the US either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Yes you did.

Stereotypes wouldn't exist if there wasn't anything to base them on, and frankly they are ****ing right. Most British guys are fat, squat ugly shaven headed selfish idiots with no fashion sense with most women being brain dead - if they are in shape they are a whore, if they are not in shape they are usually exceptionally boring, and both have no fashion sense & are extremely insecure.
    Not quite. I didn't disagree with the fact that many people regard Brits as ugly, believe me, I know, I've seen enough threads and articles about it. I believe this is what I was trying to get at:

(Original post by Me)
    Your nationality does not and never will affect what you look like, or your personality
    'There are a lot of unattractive people in Britain' is a lot different to 'The british are a bunch of ugly folks anyway'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.