HpFreak_Amy7192
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Most of these are from when I was little:

Eating frozen fish fingers
Rotating plate when eating
Eating foods in certain order (ie bread first, then chips, then meat)
Eating burgers in spirals
Putting tiny bit of vinegar on mashed potato
Eating butter after buttering bread
TotoMimo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a specific order for these two:

Angel Cake, I eat the white section first, then the pink, then the yellow last (as it is the middle layer usually, meaning it retains the two cream layers, hence being the tastiest one!).

Neapolitan Ice Cream, I need to eat the strawberry first, then the vanilla, then the chocolate (from my least to best favourite... although that said, I freaking love them all, saying "strawberry is my least liked ice cream of the three" is like saying "this was my least favourite orgasm out of three".)

TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

With this little guy, you have to bite off the upper part of his mouth, then lick out the cream, then munch around the meringue bit perimeter. Then proceed to do this with the next two entire sections of his body.

Special note goes to the habit that follows - I have to poke my tongue into the wrapper to get the residual dropped-off meringue bits in a somewhat compromising fashion, then lick my finger and dab whichever surface I was eating my happy hippo over and "stab" all other drop-off pieces of meringue to then devour in one fell swoop!
missyemma02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can only eat chips when they have Chicken Salt on them, bar of course McDonalds who already overload the chips with salt! Chicken Salt is an Australian seasoning which is amazing!

Also I have to have Mayonnaise on every sandwich because I find meat too dry!
And I can't eat fruit whole, I have to chop it up first, like bananas and apples!
hdin1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always have to smell my food before I eat it
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Reviving this thread with my own food compulsion:

I cannot eat unwashed grapes, especially red ones. My boyfriend will happily buy a bag from the supermarket and eat most of them on the way home, which actually disgusts me. It makes me feel really anxious - I think it's an actual phobia! I don't know why...maybe it's that sort of dusty covering on them that puts me off...Blergh.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate drinking fizzy drinks without a straw, it doesn't taste right...
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smoked Salmon)
You know when you blow on your soup to make it cooler because it's too hot to eat? Well sometimes I blow on my ice cream without realising until afterwards - it doesn't do anything to the ice cream and I look silly haha.

So, what are your strange food habits if any?
I do the ice cream thing as well. I also used to eat food by type. So if I had a roast dinner, I'd eat all the meat first, then I'd eat one type of veg, and then the other, and I'd finish up with the potatoes. I'm starting to learn the delights of green beans and beef in the same mouthful though!
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I always eat the white section, then the cream section and then the pink section because the pink is the best! I've learned the art of making sure the cream comes off onto the pink section instead of on both sides of the yellow!
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Glad to see someone else has the habit and has mastered the art of disconnecting the three sections from three section cakes/ice creams!

It's truly a skill learned through years of dedication and strife, but that middle section of the angel sponge - with the two ends still retaining the majority of the buttercream - is undoubtedly worthy of being eaten last!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads