Marisa_Grace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tgardnermarx93)
jesus tell me about it.
I did 10 pages for History paper 3 then 3 hours of Russian I WANTED TO DIE AGH
no more russian ever again makes me exceptionally happy though. i burned the bugger.
I had Russian too. Was yours ab initio? And how did you find them?
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone doing spanish ab initio? if so, any tips on how to revise for it? at the moment all i'm doing is past papers but I'm not sure if it's particularly useful...
moneyballs2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Revision the vast vast quantities of information for Biology, knowing that only a tiny amount is going to actually come up, is completely soul destroying.

I planned to do it all in 2 days. It took a day and a half just to get through the damn CORE! Chemistry took me 14 hours to go over, this is beyond a joke.
A2Airwaves
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm finished with all my ib exams!!!!
HL Econ paper 1&2 exam didn't feel that hard... compared to the difficulty of the Physics exams lol no comment on paper 3 until 24hrs are over but I'm done with IB!

...although I still have a 4hr AP calculus exam to sit through
Helena'sIMMORTAL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by moneyballs2)
Revision the vast vast quantities of information for Biology, knowing that only a tiny amount is going to actually come up, is completely soul destroying.

I planned to do it all in 2 days. It took a day and a half just to get through the damn CORE! Chemistry took me 14 hours to go over, this is beyond a joke.
I know I spent 50 hours on biology at the start of the study leave and I'm still not finished, I still have to do human physiology, nucleic acids and the stuff about engineering stuff--like monoclonal antibodies,,,, ahhhh I reckon loock at last years paper, I know normally ooogenisis or spermatogenesis alternate each year, um defo study the hormaones and fertalisation. Photosynthesis and mitochondria, rna and dna replication basically thats the big markers usually, oh and flowering and I reckon maybe muscle movement may come up this year---that hasnt been on them in ages.
Plus Im at school tommorrow till 4.30 urrg 195 minutes for both papers hell then paper 3 willl be fine... I hope
Helena'sIMMORTAL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by writer27)
I keep worrying coz everyone seems to be writing so much more than me in all of the exams! Everyone keeps saying its quality not quantity, but still...
It's true you know, I write pages and pages and pages, but Ive been told I go around te point instead of just stating it, so just because your putting the point down immediatly isnt a bad thing. In fact it's more likeley your a lot more concise than a lot of people getting you better marks, Im just in a page writing habit I can not break.
tgardnermarx93
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Marisa_Grace)
I had Russian too. Was yours ab initio? And how did you find them?
Nope I do Russian Standard, I've studied it since Year 8, I think it's absurdly difficult now and I don't like to even imagine how badly I might have done >_< I don't need a particularly good grade if I do well in the others, so I'm not too bothered
Helena'sIMMORTAL
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hated that exam,BIOLOGY PAPER 1 HIGHER = HORRID like pulling my eyes out of my sockets!
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nihao24)
Is it unethical to take drugs prior to exams?

I'm not speaking about "hardcore" drugs, or to sound cool.

The purpose is to heighten the concentration... It's scientifically proven, the medicine that ADD/ADHD kids take, works for us normal people in smaller doses as a study drug.

Any opinions
Potentially, there's a huge ethical argument for and against stuff like Ritalin.

The effects of Ritalin are quite considerable at helping concentration, especially so in people whom do have trouble maintaining focus, concentrating or organising their thoughts - E.g. those with Inattentive ADD or ADHD.

The issue is whether people that do have a predisposition to lose focus and daydream easily should be able to take these drugs, whilst other people whom are more 'ordinary' are not necessarily allowed to do so...

For me, Ritalin is quite helpful. Before the state of my concentration and how I organised my thoughts and my exam answers was pretty awful, to the point where I would likely end up losing marks for not being concise. But now, my answers are at a standard at which I feel can better express what I'm capable of.

This also applies for revision. I would basically get distracted every 10 minutes by little things and before I knew it, it would be time to sleep with about a page of revision done!

Ritalin has helped me maintain focus on a set task quite a lot, but not fully. (Obviously if it worked perfectly I wouldn't be here now, I'd be revising for Biology Paper 3!)

Basically, for somebody that does have ADD, it's really helpful at stopping the loss of focus and just by being able to focus you end up with a huge confidence boost which is the second most important part to exams, after knowledge.

For people that don't have ADD, it's up to them whether they take the drug or not. I think that they'd end up with a possible advantage, but then what about those that are prescribed it for ADD, are they at an advantage because they are now able to overcome the distractability and focus?

I have basically made a really long and confusing post here, I apologise. Effects must be wearing off
sango
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I AM FINISHED!!!!

:woo:
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sango)
I AM FINISHED!!!!

:woo:
I still have French B HL to go. I've got a six day gap until Monday. Everyone else finishes on Friday. :cry2:
writer27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One exam to go!
Commando3200
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
@moneyballs2

Do you have ADD or ADHD?
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Commando3200)
@moneyballs2

Do you have ADD or ADHD?
ADD - no hyperactivity, just the distracta squirrel!
rhinger
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ffs hate how all my friends have been out this week while I'm home studying for ESS.
Facticity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Phew! Back from my time out from TSR now that I'm finished. I ended yesterday with my Bio HL Paper 3, so glad to be done!!

Good luck to everyone who is still got exams going and look forward to the long and well deserved break after :woo:
The Man of the Hour
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Wait until a week before results come in. You start sweating and wondering. It's wonderful.
-raisa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
anyone have tips for the French B SL exam on Monday?

you guys are all so lucky to have finished already!
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've got French B HL on Monday. Gutted about the scheduling of the exams. Cannot wait for it to be over.
moneyballs2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sick of french.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads