Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Best Dressed Christmas Tree Competition - winners announced! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalliope)
    Here is my christmas tree :grin:

I love it because it has so much history! It is fake, but it has been our christmas tree since my Mum was 10 (so 52 years- yup she's pretty old!).

This random ugly santa is especially dear to us. It has a lovely story behind it: my Auntie was a baby during the war (born 1940) and on the christmas eve of her first Christmas, this was put into her pram (left outside a shop when my Granny went in with the baby). They never found out who by, but it’s clearly handmade and was such a wonderfully Christmassy thing to do!

And this is the angel that was on the tree when Mum was a child. It used to go on ours but I was a little scared of it (:grin: ) so for my fifth birthday my main Christmas present was the gorgeous Angel now at the top. The bauble next to it unfortunately disintegrated 3 years ago but we keep it near the tree each year for tradition's sake. It was on my Grandad's christmas tree before he was born - and he was born in 1906, so that's one very old bauble!

And possibly the star of the show… it’s a Molly Weasley Christmas jumper! This bauble is a Christmas present to my friend, who I met via TSR (seriously, the reason I love this site so much is the number of amazing people I’ve met – in particular this girl, who is now one of my closest friends. Thanks TSR!). Unfortunately it only arrived today so can’t get to hers for Christmas, so I am keeping it on the tree til we can post it. (The colours are for Ravenclaw and the initial for her first name btw).
    Awww, that is amazing! I love all the history behind it, it's heart-warming actually because to me Christmas should be sentimental! :moon:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by ohdrama)

Wow, I really like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Why :o: ? It's a beautiful tree! :yep:
    haha, don't know. i just felt a tiny bit intimidated by all those HUGE and colourful trees on here i guess

(Original post by CJ)
    I like that :yy:

I really love the simple but effective look on real trees :yep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    Wow, I really like that
    thank you both

ReputationRep:

Awesome tree!

My very basic tree on the first page has been thoroughly outdone now. May grab pics of the 2 we have up at my parents house now i'm there instead of the student house.

We have an 7 foot and 6 foot tree here both decorated with mroe than one decoration.
    Although personally i liked the 1 foot tall tree with just a penguin on for decoration. It was classic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah_S)
    I wanted a Christmas tree and my boyfriend didn't, so we compromised and this is what we ended up with

Spoiler:
    Show

Simply incredible! haha :u:

ReputationRep:
    Ours isn't colour co-ordinated but lots of the decorations are hand-made, ones we've made either at home or at school, but my favourite are the little presents in the picture, which are about 20 years old now

(and all the gifts under it are ones we'll be opening after dinner)

The little present decorations are from my parents' first christmas together in their first house, when they couldn't afford tree decorations, so they took those little fun-size smartie boxes, covered them in wrapping paper and used glittery pipe cleaners to make them look like presents, and hang them on the trees - and they still go on the tree each and every December!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superturtle)
    Heres ours!

I love Christmas!

(Original post by FallonSmith)
    Loving all the wonderful Christmas trees on this thread! I really wanted to get a white or pink coloured one this year but decided traditional is best There's quite a few baubles on there but I think the cute bows make it look rather pretty. Just curious as to whether you guys put a star at the top of your tree or an angel. We have alternated it year by year. Here's our tree. Hope you like it.

If you two don't win prizes then its an absolute fix.

These are awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffles)

These are awesome
    Awww thanks for that! I do love out tree! haha! There are lots of good ones on here though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woffles)

These are awesome
    Yay thanks!

ReputationRep:

How did you get the pic to do that with the colours/lights?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    My tree at home

More pics

From top of our stairs

Angel on top

I made this at senior school, we bent pipe cleaners then grew crystals on them

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Here are mine - not the best quality, taken on my phone (5MP camera )

Edit: Can you see them? I've made mistakes like this before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie1987)
    How did you get the pic to do that with the colours/lights?
    it's not a big deal actually. dslr camera + low iso settings + narrow, almost closed aperture settings + a couple seconds of exposure time (so yeah, explaining photography related stuff in a foreign language is kinda weird. i hope it still makes sense, though! ).

as long as you have a camera that allows you to change those settings you can take similar shots easily.

(Original post by Mazzini)

not working.
    it has to be something like http://blah.com/yourchristmastree.jpg instead of the links to your flickr photostream with img-tags.

ReputationRep:
    it's not a big deal actually. dslr camera + low iso settings + narrow, almost closed aperture settings + a couple seconds of exposure time (so yeah, explaining photography related stuff in a foreign language is kinda weird. i hope it still makes sense, though! ).

as long as you have a camera that allows you to change those settings you can take similar shots easily.
    Lol well I dont even have a camera let alone a dslr - my dad and sis have them and I can understand roughly what youre saying as I am a bit techy and had one like 10 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)

Fixed for you

ReputationRep:
    heres my family's tree (my grandmas actually, but ive grown up with it so i take pride in it
    Hope you had a nice christmas and now a nice new year

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    My Xmas Tree- The actual tree stole all my money so we went very cheap on the decorations lol. It's just me, the bf and the 2 cats so it was £1 store for this stuff. The bells were promptly chewed on by Socks and the tree came crashing down by Tigger.

And those pearl like chains are actually those cheap coloured pearl necklaces

ReputationRep:
    All of these trees are great!

I might get around to posting my tree tommorow, but I doubt that it would win any prizes; it's not too impressive xD It's more of a subtle tree, with more... sentimental decorations, if you can put it that way. :P

Taking photos shuld be fun though Can anyone tell me how to put them into your post? Not attatched, but actually in the post.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kathiye)
    All of these trees are great!

I might get around to posting my tree tommorow, but I doubt that it would win any prizes; it's not too impressive xD It's more of a subtle tree, with more... sentimental decorations, if you can put it that way. :P

Taking photos shuld be fun though Can anyone tell me how to put them into your post? Not attatched, but actually in the post.
    upload them to somewhere like imageshack, photobucket, twitpic etc. and then copy the URL into your post I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alofleicester)
    upload them to somewhere like imageshack, photobucket, twitpic etc. and then copy the URL into your post I think.
    Or just attach them, then put the attachment URL in [IMG] tags rather than an external link.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.