Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhh123)
    Really? When I write about a study I usually evaluate it using points such as gender bias and commenting on the methodology which creates abou 3 points. And then in my very end paragraph I would include synoptic issues such as reductionism determinism etc...?
    Carry on usin gender bias and methodology etc. But then after that i use synoptic stuff. Eg theory or study is reductionist deterministic, nature nurture, scientific etc...
    In unit 3 use synoptic cus thats where the eval marks are.
    Have u got a list of debates/issues/approaches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal*)
    Carry on usin gender bias and methodology etc. But then after that i use synoptic stuff. Eg theory or study is reductionist deterministic, nature nurture, scientific etc...
    In unit 3 use synoptic cus thats where the eval marks are.
    Have u got a list of debates/issues/approaches?
    Okay thanks

No I don't have a list of synoptic issues. I just go by reductionist deterministic nature V nurture psycholog as a science etc.. Any more to add to this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    sounds good to me, I got 100ums doing something similar- my technique was:

outline (usually 2 relevant theories)
    studies supporting/against x 3 (2 should do also he good detail)
    IDAs like mad.
    Excellent thanks. What IDAs did you use?

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I did the exam in January but have to retake it... the questions were
    Aggression: Institutional (small marker) then evolutuionary explanations of war (big marker)
    Eating Behaviour: Neural and Hormonal mechanisms
    Relationships: The Breakdown of

Just wondering what peoples' predictions were for Aggression/Eating Behaviour/Relationships in June?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thursdayJ)
    Hello,

I did the exam in January but have to retake it... the questions were
    Aggression: Institutional (small marker) then evolutuionary explanations of war (big marker)
    Eating Behaviour: Neural and Hormonal mechanisms
    Relationships: The Breakdown of

Just wondering what peoples' predictions were for Aggression/Eating Behaviour/Relationships in June?
    Relationships: sexual selection/maintenance
    Eating behaviour: they haven't specifically asked biological explanations of a eating disorder whereas they have mentioned 'psychological' soo idk XD

aggression: probably genes (longer question) or social psychological theories (:

but idk, best to learn everything (:

ReputationRep:
    Excellent thanks. What IDAs did you use?
    it depends on the studies! generally aggression is easy as most reseach has been into men, not women-violence among women is much lower-if there is a genetic link surely women should have equal levels which isn't the case. therefore gender bias is evident but also highlights the nature v nurture debate- is it genes causing aggression or environment and learning? etc

for relationships I wrote about real world applications for counselling for ducks model in helping people overcome breakup etc

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ okay thanks for the ideas.

Please can someone tell me what the aggression eating and sleeping questions were in jan 2012?

ReputationRep:
    ^^^ okay thanks for the ideas.

Please can someone tell me what the aggression eating and sleeping questions were in jan 2012?
    Sleep was split:

Outline one explanation for narcolepsy. (4 marks)

Outline and evaluate Evolutionary explanations for sleep. (4+16 marks)

Eating:

Outline and evaluate the role of neural mechanisms in eating behaviour. (8+16 marks)

I didn't do Aggression sorry.

ReputationRep:
    The aggression question in jan was also split..
    4marks on research into institutional aggression
    20marks on evolutionary explanations of group displays of aggression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyimdec)
    Sleep was split:

Outline one explanation for narcolepsy. (4 marks)

Outline and evaluate Evolutionary explanations for sleep. (4+16 marks)

Eating:

Outline and evaluate the role of neural mechanisms in eating behaviour. (8+16 marks)

I didn't do Aggression sorry.
    (Original post by Mephestic)
    it depends on the studies! generally aggression is easy as most reseach has been into men, not women-violence among women is much lower-if there is a genetic link surely women should have equal levels which isn't the case. therefore gender bias is evident but also highlights the nature v nurture debate- is it genes causing aggression or environment and learning? etc

for relationships I wrote about real world applications for counselling for ducks model in helping people overcome breakup etc

(Original post by VanessaXD)
    Relationships: sexual selection/maintenance
    Eating behaviour: they haven't specifically asked biological explanations of a eating disorder whereas they have mentioned 'psychological' soo idk XD

aggression: probably genes (longer question) or social psychological theories (:

but idk, best to learn everything (:
    Whats prediction of Agression, Relationships and Gender?

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks

No I don't have a list of synoptic issues. I just go by reductionist deterministic nature V nurture psycholog as a science etc.. Any more to add to this?
    Role of animals, free-will,

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any aggression notes on their laptop/computer?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks

Gender bias, culture bias, ethical issues, role of animals, free will, is psychology a science? You could also use the approaches (behavioural, psychodynamic, evolutionary, biological and cognitive).

ReputationRep:
    how would a sexual selection question be phrased? ANYONE?! my teacher said she doesnt think it could come up on its own as a 24 marker :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal*)
    Anyone got any aggression notes on their laptop/computer?
    http://www.brain-freeze.co.uk/psychologya2notes.html

ReputationRep:
    **** me. Where was this for January Q_Q

:>>>>>>>>>>>>

ReputationRep:
    People keep asking for what is 'likely' to come up, I'm sure it's been previously mentioned but here are my teachers predictions:

Relationships: Sexual Selection/PI

Aggression: Social Explanations (Social Learning Theory + Deindividuation)

Biological Rhythms and Sleep: Restoration Theory + Sleep Disorders (SW?)

Then again, I guess that is most likely, and depends on how they word the questions. I cannot emphasise how much I dislike this paper, and it's hard to tell what will come up because they sometimes split the questions.

Hopefully this paper will be better second time round! ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idealized)
    how would a sexual selection question be phrased? ANYONE?! my teacher said she doesnt think it could come up on its own as a 24 marker :/
    It will be worded very similar to this:

'Discuss the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour. (8+16 marks)'

And yes it is a possible 24 marker to come up, we made a plan in class for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyimdec)
    It will be worded very similar to this:

'Discuss the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour. (8+16 marks)'

And yes it is a possible 24 marker to come up, we made a plan in class for it.
    so thats the same as outlining and evaluating? =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idealized)
    so thats the same as outlining and evaluating? =]
    It is yes.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.