Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Clever people in the navy/armed forces...... is it really worth it?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Gah!! That's exactly the reason I didn't want to say, I'd probably have corrected it then spelled the next three words wrong. :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, at least everyone's calmed down! :tsr2:

1 more week to go! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djmarkmclachlan)
    Gah!! That's exactly the reason I didn't want to say, I'd probably have corrected it then spelled the next three words wrong. :/
    Don't worry everyone knows the Scottish can't do English and grammar.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Future_Subby)
    Now now, don't tar us all with the same brush. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Cheaper that way though, means you don't have to buy extra brushes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future_Subby)
    Lol, cheeky ****. :p:

(Original post by BlackHawk)
    You're Scottish? :confused:

(Original post by CKinnerley)
    Cheaper that way though, means you don't have to buy extra brushes.
    Lol.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    You're Scottish? :confused:
    Yes, more North than you though.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, I thought you were English. :eek: Disgusting thought, I know.

Hmm, Aberdeen?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Now where did you get that idea! :p:

Further west.

Not that I'm going to go admitting where I'm originally from! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no idea. Not very nice, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Ehh! ^o) Can't think.

Lol, a somewhere where they park their tractors where us city folks park our cars? :P
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Pretty much, I'm a country girl through and through! No tractors though, more horses and stables! :p:

Love the countryside though, miss it when I'm away. I'm in England now, and get homesick for Scotland quite often!

ReputationRep:
    Lol.

Yeah, it can be nice. It's nice going for walking in the Bens and Eimes (sp?).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I know, I've been in.
    Wow; I'm almost glad I missed this thread.

You may have been "in," but not in the capacity that you're interested in. I spend a fair amount of time writing reports for people trying to do exactly the job you want; and believe me that what people think of you counts for a phenomenal amount.

We listen to what peers say about each other, and we do actually pick up on your attitude. Arrogant people fall by the wayside, and there's little room for non-team players during flying training.

I have no intention in getting into another lengthy debate with you. You're not an officer in the military, I am, I work with people doing the job you want day in and out and I'm telling you this now to help; if you incite this level of anger and irritation without even meeting people, please wind your neck in. Regardless of whether or not you actually think you're better than anyone else, your posts and comments stink of an attitude not compatible with getting through a lengthy scheme of training in a small tight-knit group.

And unlike a lot of the other correspondents on this thread, you should care what I think, because it's people just like me who will be reporting on you and assessing you. Act like this when you have credibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    You may have been "in," but not in the capacity that you're interested in. I spend a fair amount of time writing reports for people trying to do exactly the job you want; and believe me that what people think of you counts for a phenomenal amount.
    I know, and I didn't say it did. BH said about comradeship being very important in the forces, and I simply replied I know because I have experience of the Navy. No malice was intended. I know that, it was the same for what I was. What I tried to put across is I care not of how I am percieved over an internet forum. To an extent I'm the same off of this too; if someone doesn't like me, then I don't like them and their opinions of me I couldn't care less of.

(Original post by Wzz)
    We listen to what peers say about each other, and we do actually pick up on your attitude. Arrogant people fall by the wayside, and there's little room for non-team players during flying training.
    Isn't that a little unfair? Granted if the guy is a total ******** and goes out his way not to be part of the team, but to take the opinions of his peers to form a judgement on him, seems quite unfair.

(Original post by Wzz)
    I have no intention in getting into another lengthy debate with you. You're not an officer in the military, I am, I work with people doing the job you want day in and out and I'm telling you this now to help; if you incite this level of anger and irritation without even meeting people, please wind your neck in. Regardless of whether or not you actually think you're better than anyone else, your posts and comments stink of an attitude not compatible with getting through a lengthy scheme of training in a small tight-knit group.
    I've said throughout I don't think I'm better than anyone. People often get this impression of me, but I really am not like that. I've also said, that in person people find me a very good guy; not very many people dislike me. I'm a genuine, caring and compassionate person, I simply have a lot of confidence in my own ability. Not getting this mixed up (as we've been through already) with arrogance, I posses both. But not in the way that I'm so arrogant people dislike me for it.

(Original post by Wzz)
    And unlike a lot of the other correspondents on this thread, you should care what I think, because it's people just like me who will be reporting on you and assessing you. Act like this when you have credibility.
    If the situation arised that you were assessing me, ofcourse I would care. But on here, though I appreciate your input, you're not my boss - so why should I care what you think of my attitude? I'll probably act different after gaining the credibility to act so. Older and more mature and all that, but until then - chicks seem to love me being cocky.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.