Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes injection moulding is best. And they can be attached to the metal frame with pop rivets or have tight fit male and female parts so they are secured with friction.

ReputationRep:
    evaluation ?

evaluation is pretty straight forward, just justify how you met your specification criteria and draw a few drawings as to how you would improve it.

P.s my final idea attached. Kinda dodgy looking at it now coz i really cant draw in proportion! anyone else wanna upload their final ideas?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if u can bend aluminium tubing if so how?

ReputationRep:
    by using a metal bending machine!!! (uses force, no heatings are involve)

ReputationRep:
    Need to fill the tube with pressured oil though if it hollow to keep the circular shape.

ReputationRep:
    what if u want an eliptical shape - im guessing its still needs to be filled with pressurised oil?

ReputationRep:
    ..........to bend it that is

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between section C and D?

also, how have you done section E (drawing up a production plan)? Is it meant to be a kind of flow diagram :confused:

thanks for the help so far.

ReputationRep:
    yea i have problem with writing a production plan!! will me great if someone can post a demo of a production plan of manufactuing a shopping trolley

ReputationRep:
    yea i have problem with writing a production plan!! will me great if someone can post a demo of a production plan of manufactuing a shopping trolley
    i'd appreciate it if someone could scan in their production plan too

ReputationRep:
    use a flow chart a simple one in like 4 process

and put it in categories cause it is industrial processes

ReputationRep:
    this might be of some use...

ReputationRep:
    hey their people hope thigs are going well,
    i was just wondering member, 'whoo' are you actually in japan at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    no i'm in hong kong~~ lol n its 12:30 am friday, exam in 17 hrs times LOL

ReputationRep:
    really - its friday over there. i would of thought sunday :confused: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwoo)
    no i'm in hong kong~~ lol n its 12:30 am friday, exam in 17 hrs times LOL
    so r u taking the exam before UK students?

ReputationRep:
    hey look ma exam is on 2moro n ive not been well n aint been at college for a long time n have no work so i dnt have a clue what am doin n i didnt realise its tomoro so im kinda f***ed. can sum1 please give me sum guidence..ive made a start on the pre-release material but cant find any anthropometric drawings can sum1 post me a website..id b very greatful n wud return the favour the best i cud
    cheers! xx:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't get it...

You guys keep saying 'here my final design' yet we don't even know what we're meant to actually design.
    We just know what it might be (Buggy, Trolley, etc).
    :confused:
    So if you do know what we're meant to desgin, how do you guys know?

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to have your final idea done and it is possible to do the whole thing and copy it all in during the exam. My teacher marks this exam and he says that there is only minor changes to the design brief from what is given to use in the prerelease material. Id hate to be in the position now where id have to do all the generating ideas from scratch! im nearly finished my final design and ill be on the production plan soon!

p.s did you guys not get an example of the exam that somebody had filled in already from a couple of years ago for their R6 paper?? i have one from a power drill that my teacher got photocopied which the person got 70/90 in which is a high A considering that you only need around 56 to get an A.

Oh i production plan:
    you need FIVE manufacturing processes to get the marks (eg injection moulding)
    FIVE assenbly processes (eg welding, screwing things on)
    FIVE quality control points (eg using a jig, spot checks ect..)
    this is what the examiner looks for

ReputationRep:
    I'm still confuzed...

You say you can do the entire thing then just change small parts of the design specs... but what if they tell you to design a trolly that hold kids in a new and interesting way and you designed a buggy that has a large compartment in it.

What would you do then?

Also what have you or will you design in the exam?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.