Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

what would happen if people had a white or caucasian society at a university watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    What exactly do you cosnider SINGLE culture to be pray tell?

Anyway... I have had enough of beating my head against a couple of brick walls... Im off to the gym...

see Howie - not quite at your level of inaction yet...
    I've already ran my normal 10 miles this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    if you want I an make a new one, with 3d effects, opacity variations, and lots of filters. Would that help? Hey! then I could impress you again! My life's work and dream!
    Yes please, and can we have Canada and Australia this time, and preferably with Canada in red, and Australia in gold.

I totaly get, and agree with your point, but I can be so shallow sometimes, and I do enjoy pretty colours, and it might help some of the others get the very obvious point too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I've already ran my normal 10 miles this morning.
    ****! I take it back - Im just doing weights... running for more than 2 minutes gives me a headache.

I am to have very large biceps, and a tiny clogged up heart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    What exactly do you cosnider SINGLE culture to be pray tell?

Anyway... I have had enough of beating my head against a couple of brick walls... Im off to the gym...

see Howie - not quite at your level of inaction yet...
    Best go to the gym instead of continuing to make useless arguments here. By single 'white culture' i mean one that is common to every white person on earth.

FACT 1: There is no such thing as 'white culture' common to every single white person on earth

FACT 2: There is no such thing as 'black culture' common to every single black person on earth

FACT 3: Having a 'White Society' at university is pointless and ultimately will not work, given the difficulty in even defining what 'white culture' is

FACT 4: I can draw better diagrams than you BRO, don't let your head swell too much

Peace out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phoenix_down)
    Best go to the gym instead of continuing to make useless arguments here. By single 'white culture' i mean one that is common to every white person on earth.

FACT 1: There is no such thing as 'white culture' common to every single white person on earth

FACT 2: There is no such thing as 'black culture' common to every single black person on earth

FACT 3: Having a 'White Society' at university is poinless and ulitmitely will not work, given the difficulty in even defining what 'white culture' is

FACT 4: I can draw better diagrams than you BRO, don't let your head swell too much

Peace out
    I'd argue FACT 3 with you. See post 205.

ReputationRep:
    So no nigerian culture then?

No Spanish culture?

Oh wow... you are my f**kin hero...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    So no nigerian culture then?

No Spanish culture?

Oh wow... you are my f**kin hero...
    WTF? How did I imply that? :p:

I'm glad you look up to me so, made my day bro.

ReputationRep:
    No actually - I have thought about it... and I want to be you... I mean sure you go to Cardiff University... an institution of no repute whatsoever... but you can DRAW on a computer... my dearest wish. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    WTF? How did I imply that? :p:
    Because the culture within say, Northern Nigeria is totally different to that of the Euroba in the south.

If they dont share the same culture, then there is no Nigerian culture on your reckonin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platocrates)
    I have neither the time nor patience to read all of the pages of this. However, it must be said that the MINORITIES are far better placed to have societies than the MAJORITIES who have an assumed control.
    Good to see that everyone overlooked this very telling post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laika)
    Good to see that everyone overlooked this very telling post.
    Because the point is not novel. You have already raised it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well, its not pointless. Why should the existance of a White Society at a university depend on agreement between its members on the definition of a white culture?

Most universities have a Christian Society of some sorts but it isn't full of Christians who are in universal doctrinal agreement. For example, the RC members will put a lot more weight on the importance of sacramentalism than the baptists. They are all Christians but cannot agree on some of the finer points of Christianity. Does that make the Christian Society purposeless?

And so, if a group of black students want to start a Black Society or a group of white students want to start a White Society then they should be able to do so even if they cannot identify what it is that bonds them culturally as blacks or whites. It's surely a matter of freedom of association rather than intellectual justification.
    If you have a White Society that isn't based on a common 'white culture' then what the hell would it be based on? The whole point of having societies is to bring people with common interests together! Christian Society is for Christians i.e. followers of Christ. That's the common ground, even though each sect varies from the other they have common beliefs in God, Jesus Christ, our need to acknowledge a higher being etc etc but that's goin off the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    No actually - I have thought about it... and I want to be you... I mean sure you go to Cardiff University... an institution of no repute whatsoever... but you can DRAW on a computer... my dearest wish. :rolleyes:
    Well what can I say? Keep working at it and maybe you'll succeed before you die.

Thought you were off to do something useful, like the gym or something?

ReputationRep:
    Well what can I say? Keep working at it and maybe you'll succeed before you die.

Thought you were off to do something useful, like the gym or something?
    Im off now. Enjoy that joke you call a university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Because the culture within say, Northern Nigeria is totally different to that of the Euroba in the south.

If they dont share the same culture, then there is no Nigerian culture on your reckonin.
    hahahahahaha :p:

NO. I'm said there was no such thing as single 'black culture' common to every black person on earth. That in no way translates to what you're saying at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Im off now. Enjoy that joke you call a university.
    Tsk tsk tsk, how sad when, realising your arguments are pointless, you have to resort to cheap blows like that, which frankly don't affect me at all. Cardiff is quite lovely mind, and I'm glad I chose it when I could have gone anywhere in the world on an Open Schol. Thanks for the red gem too... proves you're so easily riled up, would love to continue this another day.

Peace, love and an extra spicy potato roti BRO!!! mwah

ReputationRep:
    If you have a White Society that isn't based on a common 'white culture' then what the hell would it be based on? The whole point of having societies is to bring people with common interests together!
    Well, they would have a common interest. Wishing to form a society for white people.

ReputationRep:
    I know this might be stating the blindingly obvious, but has anyone stopped to consider trying it here, to see what would happen?

I know this is not a university per se, but it is a forum populated by students, that does have societies.

Why doesn't someone go and try and set up a white society, or a black society, for that matter, and see the reactions and feedbacks?

It would perhaps be more conclusive than mere speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Tsk tsk tsk, how sad when, realising your arguments are pointless, you have to resort to cheap blows like that,
    It had nothing to do with my arguments.

I had to do with two things

One:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :eek:

You can type AND use the AutoShapes function in Word!! I'm impressed by your mad skills. Respect bro
    That sort of sarcastic crap.

and:

2. That Cardiff is a **** university.

I could have gone anywhere in the world on an Open Schol.
    Sure you could. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the red gem too... proves you're so easily riled up, would love to continue this another day.
    Not easily riled up at all... Read the rep FAQ - - rep is for posts you disapprove of. Simple as

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahaha :p:

NO. I'm said there was no such thing as single 'black culture' common to every black person on earth. That in no way translates to what you're saying at all.
    So what is the SINGLE CULTURE common to two entirely different regions of Nigeria? How can you contend that there is a NIGERIAN culture - when in fact it is made up of a number of different cultures?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.