It Polls for Thee: Secretary General Election Time! Watch

Poll: Vote for your preferred SG. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS.
Nightowl (18)
60%
Wootcannon (2)
6.67%
Brimstone (9)
30%
Ahmed (0)
0%
ABSTAIN (1)
3.33%
This discussion is closed.
RichyP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree, I don't really like the house idea, I prefer mine (surprise surprise)
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
There is going to be a problem if you put all the major powers in the same group, but another problem if they are in different groups
aiman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
To Nightowl & Brimstone:
Will the next SG make everyone re-choose the countries they wish to represent (as it happened when MUN II) started? The MUN has 60 countries under representation, but at the most 25 are active. What do you intend to do about this?
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aiman I don't remember what you carrot looked like?

Anyways I think a reshuffle will cause just more unrest. It seems like a good idea to give the most active members more powerful countries but remember the madness at the begining of MUN II?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can appreciate where the Malaysian rep is coming from.. but surely reshuffling everyone would be extremely disruptive?
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The idea of the house system came about in order to make MUN members post regularly. Perhaps a better way would be to have a minimum amount of activity for MUN members, e.g. at least 5 posts a week for members of the security council, and 5 post a month for people only in the General Assembly.
Members of the SC post very infrequently due to the fact that almost nothing from the GA passes to the SC for voting. Most activity in the GA, unfortunately, is composed of condemnations and the sending of condolences. I believe that one of the next SG's aim must be ensure that this is not the case.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
I can appreciate where the Malaysian rep is coming from.. but surely reshuffling everyone would be extremely disruptive?
Like what I said, but less word...y
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aiman I don't remember what you carrot looked like?

Anyways I think a reshuffle will cause just more unrest. It seems like a good idea to give the most active members more powerful countries but remember the madness at the begining of MUN II?
I'm not asking them to reshuffle. I'm asking them what they intend to do about the lack of activity by represented countries?
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
Members of the SC post very infrequently due to the fact that almost nothing from the GA passes to the SC for voting. Most activity in the GA, unfortunately, is composed of condemnations and the sending of condolences. I believe that one of the next SG's aim must be ensure that this is not the case.

The way forward (Or at least Brazil thinks) in this MUN is to having proper debates and motions past from the resolutions that the US rep has examples of.
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
I meant 5 posts a week in the GA, but yeah what you said at the end is right
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
I'm not asking them to reshuffle. I'm asking them what they intend to do about the lack of activity be represented countries?

Ahhhh...I understand know. Do you mean (for lack of a better word) evicting reps that don't post?
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by aiman)
Well yeah, you do have a point. We don't have many healthy debates, and this should change.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
By the way 233 Posts, we are getting near that 281 Post mark
aiman
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ahhhh...I understand know. Do you mean (for lack of a better word) evicting reps that don't post?
Either that or make them represent highly unsignificant countries.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*cough*Cook Islands*cough*

It's quite an irony. The current US rep JonathanH previously represented Micronesia. Heh.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He was a great micronesia though
RichyP
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You could make the minimum number of posts a month a function of a country's population.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by RichyP)
You could make the minimum number of posts a month a function of a country's population.
The UK might not have a big population but it is a important country though
ElWilson
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I agree - what if the president of a small country is murdered - the number of posts by such a rep would increase dramatically.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It all depends if the country has a lot of news that needs debating and discussing, not on the population size.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (48)
48.98%
No (50)
51.02%

Watched Threads