Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else not want their gf to give them a bj? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Abject fallacy. Granted, biologically-speaking, those are the organs best evolved to facilitate the process of fertilisation; they make it pleasurable, and thus ameliorate what is otherwise a strictly functional process through incentivisation. However, 'fertilisation' per se only necessarily involves a sperm and an egg; by your logic, therefore, the penis is of no less incidental or arbitrary relevance to the consummation of such process than, per my example, the mouth. It just so happens that taking the former 'to task' can often be more, well, 'fun'.

No! Whence does semen come? The penis. Hence the penis is directly involved in the task. They not only facilitate it, but they are imperative!

It just so happens that taking the former 'to task' can often be more, well, 'fun'.

You can't use the comparative here, because fertilisation is impossible using only the mouth (and not the penis).

ReputationRep:
    Anal sex - I do not find degrading. I can see that other people do, and understand that, but I do not see it as degrading.

Murdering someone - Yes, I see this as degrading. If I did this I would say I was degrading myself. However if YOU did it, it is not for me to decide if you are degrading yourself or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)

How far up does it go until it's impersonal? How far up does it go until it no longer counts?
    The fact that oral sex is a part of most peoples sex lives [shown by the multiple magasines such as Cosmo, and probably quite a few TV shows, and most of the people I know] usually can mean we're able to assume that the majority does not think it degrading unless some form of bondage is involved. And it isn't involved in this case. In which case, society does not see it as degrading. But a few people do. They're free to refuse oral sex on those grounds, I should be free to receive it or give it as and when me and my partner wish it to happen.
    Agreed?
    Whether or not it is degrading to themselves *is* one persons decision. Whether or not society sees it as degrading is everyone elses decision. But as far as I can see, society doesn't.
    You watch too much TV and read to many crappy magazines imo.

These mediums sell sex to get you to view them and are not an accurate gauge of how society thinks.

ReputationRep:
    Something is degrading if the people who it affects or who have knowledge of it find it degrading. Private oral sex between two people is only degrading if one or both of them find it degrading. Running down a street naked (to use an earlier example) is degrading because the spectators judge it to be. Anything can be degrading, but to a certain extent we can choose what is, and act accordingly.

(Original post by Fleff)
    Right, ok, lets get personal:

I don't find it degrading, my girlfriend doesn't find it degrading.
    Someone on the internet does.

Another level up:

None of my friends find oral sex degrading.

And another:

No one I have ever met and get to know in real life sufficiently enough to know of their opinions on this matter, or got to know their sexual history has found it degrading.

How far up does it go until it's impersonal? How far up does it go until it no longer counts?
    The fact that oral sex is a part of most peoples sex lives [shown by the multiple magasines such as Cosmo, and probably quite a few TV shows, and most of the people I know] usually can mean we're able to assume that the majority does not think it degrading unless some form of bondage is involved. And it isn't involved in this case. In which case, society does not see it as degrading. But a few people do. They're free to refuse oral sex on those grounds, I should be free to receive it or give it as and when me and my partner wish it to happen.
    Agreed?

Whether or not it is degrading to themselves *is* one persons decision. Whether or not society sees it as degrading is everyone elses decision. But as far as I can see, society doesn't.
    you've misinterpreted what i was referring to. when i said personal, i meant between the partners involved. it has nothing to do with anyone else involved...which Pretty_boy disagrees with...and im not going to go chasing that ally.

I never mentioned anything to do with society...but i can go into that if you want me to think about it.

ReputationRep:
    It's all a matter of opinion.

I could run down the street naked, carefree and not giving a damn, and not find that degrading. Others watching may do. Being degraded/this idea of what's degrading and what's not is not fact. It's only just opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    believe it or not eating tomato soup and sucking someone off and swallowing in the act of oral sex are two very different things that don't bear comparison.

You CAN call an act degrading. I.e. many say that anal sex on a female is degrading.

Or torturing and murdering someone is degrading.
    Believe it or not but sex (penetrative or oral) performed on the anus and an act of homicide preceded by systematic abuse, are two very different things which don't bear comparison.

These mediums sell sex to get you to view them and are not an accurate gauge of how society thinks.
    lol....he has a point with the second part.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying that everyone will or won't find it degrading but it is my assertion that there are a great number that would find it degrading.

A poll on TSR will not prove anything.

My question to you is this. If you gave oral sex to your b/f and he went around telling everyone how you did it and if you swallowed his semen etc, would you feel degraded?
    And it's mine that it's not. And since we can't poll the world, we'll never know whether the majority finds it degrading or not, therefor it's pointless arguing at it from that angle. I actually was agreeing that polling TSR would prove nothing, so arguing whether or not it's degrading by society's opinions is impossible since we can't poll society, we can only poll TSR, and TSR is not society. Get it yet?

I'd feel pretty shocked considering I have a girlfriend.
    But lets assume you asked me about performing oral on her: there's no semen involved, so that's irrelevant. As for how I did it, no, especially not if it brought her to orgasm. I wouldn't feel degraded, because I wouldn't feel as if I'd been shoved on a lower level of society. If I hadn't agreed to her telling anyone, I would feel betrayed. But that has nothing to do with degradation. So the question you didn't ask me is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    i'm confuzzeled now :s:

(Original post by Fleff)
    And it's mine that it's not. And since we can't poll the world, we'll never know whether the majority finds it degrading or not, therefor it's pointless arguing at it from that angle. I actually was agreeing that polling TSR would prove nothing, so arguing whether or not it's degrading by society's opinions is impossible since we can't poll society, we can only poll TSR, and TSR is not society. Get it yet?

I'd feel pretty shocked considering I have a girlfriend.
    But lets assume you asked me about performing oral on her: there's no semen involved, so that's irrelevant. As for how I did it, no, especially not if it brought her to orgasm. I wouldn't feel degraded, because I wouldn't feel as if I'd been shoved on a lower level of society. If I hadn't agreed to her telling anyone, I would feel betrayed. But that has nothing to do with degradation. So the question you didn't ask me is pointless.
    i dont know why you are all talking about society. Its irrelevant

If its against your own personal values and morals, and you do it, then you have degraded yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I arguing with a bunch of lesbians about oral sex :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    If its against your own personal values and morals, and you do it, then you have degraded yourself.
    YES!!

And if I do something, and you think it's degrading, but I don't - I HAVE NOT DEGRADED MYSELF!!

WOO!!

:party:

(Original post by LiverSwings)
    YES!!

And if I do something, and you think it's degrading, but I don't - I HAVE NOT DEGRADED MYSELF!!

WOO!!

no one said you did unless pretty boy did i dunno..hes quite funny though

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I have experiences both sides of the fence, as does the other lesbian in here

ReputationRep:

Considering I don't watch TV much [Green Wing is about it], and I can't actually remember when I last read a magasine [probably when I was about 12 - Sugar, maybe? Unless Kerrang counts. Or maybe that one I get about Shropshire through the door every month], I doubt it.

If they didn't sell, and they didn't get watched, they wouldn't exist, profits would slump. It'd be pointless making them. The fact that they sell in their millions suggests that either someone very rich got bored when thinking what to do with their money, or that millions buy them. If they buy them, they're interested.

What is an accurate guage? Looking at sales figures and observing the world around you? No? Then what?
    I doubt you've ever spoken to every single person in the world and asked them if they find oral sex degrading. Although if you have - what does my mum think about it? My sister? How about my manager at work? What about my biology teacher? Head of 6th form?
    So excuse me if I choose to believe what I can see in society over you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiverSwings)
    YES!!

WOO!!

I disagree with Managaroo. You can be degraded in the eyes of others.

Altho, in your case, I don't think you have degraded yourself.

(Original post by Fleff)
    Considering I don't watch TV much [Green Wing is about it], and I can't actually remember when I last read a magasine [probably when I was about 12 - Sugar, maybe? Unless Kerrang counts. Or maybe that one I get about Shropshire through the door every month], I doubt it.

If they didn't sell, and they didn't get watched, they wouldn't exist, profits would slump. It'd be pointless making them. The fact that they sell in their millions suggests that either someone very rich got bored when thinking what to do with their money, or that millions buy them. If they buy them, they're interested.

What is an accurate guage? Looking at sales figures and observing the world around you? No? Then what?
    I doubt you've ever spoken to every single person in the world and asked them if they find oral sex degrading. Although if you have - what does my mum think about it? My sister? How about my manager at work? What about my biology teacher? Head of 6th form?
    So excuse me if I choose to believe what I can see in society over you.
    your stilll thinking about this in the wrong way...although i think your more into a personal arguement with pretty_boy... so nvm

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not I've given a blowjob before. Not very nice, but definitely not degrading in my opinion

I disagree with Managaroo. You can be degraded in the eyes of others.

Altho, in your case, I don't think you have degraded yourself.
    you can, but its individual. so it still applies.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.