Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    Ahh im so nervous about the entire process! Im thinking of Cambridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL and Nottigham/Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sounds good to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giant)
    You do realise every single one of those ask for A*AA in their offers? You won't have an insurance :P
    Which is why im not considering them as my final 5 choices + i think Nottingham is AAA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody here do the IB? I did really disappointingly in my Maths mocks, and so got predicted a 6 in HL Maths, does this mean I can't apply to for example LSE now? Thanks for any answers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    You're so lucky you're doing the whole A Level Maths in a year, so the offers in your case would be AA :P
    I know

But I think Cambridge ask for A*AA in Y13, so I would still need to do well in my other subject, assuming I get an offer

ReputationRep:
    If you're predicted AAA is there any point at all in applying to A*AA courses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1717)
    If you're predicted AAA is there any point at all in applying to A*AA courses?
    i wouldn't apply to Durham , they said at the open day that if your not predicted atleast A*AA ( for Economics and PPE ) they reject you straight away because apparently there's only like 0.1% of applicants who have predicted less than the entry requirements or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    i wouldn't apply to Durham , they said at the open day that if your not predicted atleast A*AA ( for Economics and PPE ) they reject you straight away because apparently there's only like 0.1% of applicants who have predicted less than the entry requirements or something like that.
    Yeah Warwick said only 30 people without the grades (I'm assuming they meant predicted) applied last year. I think it's harsh because if you went to a different school you might be predicted higher grades, but I guess they have to have some way of narrowing down.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else go to the Bristol open day today?
    I personally loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1717)
    Yeah Warwick said only 30 people without the grades (I'm assuming they meant predicted) applied last year. I think it's harsh because if you went to a different school you might be predicted higher grades, but I guess they have to have some way of narrowing down.
    yeah haha i remember Warwick saying that , well i think you can sort of make up for that by getting your referee to include on your AS UMS scores ( so if you got a 90% average at AS or very close to it ) then the Uni would see the school were just being harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    I personally loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I couldnt go how was it? Anything specific regarding economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As long as result's day goes roughly to plan I'll probably be applying for Durham, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, York and Exeter. Does anyone know how fussy Durham are with AS levels? I could have gotten AAAA (+GS A) but it could be as low as AABB (+GS B) - would it be worth applying to Durham with these grades even if I was going to resit the B's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiirankapoor)
    I couldnt go how was it? Anything specific regarding economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was really good but I think the only thing specifically to economics was that econometrics is compulsory in the first and second year. In the talk he made a big deal out of this because apparently a lot of people hate stats so he said if you don't like it then it would be best to go somewhere where it's not compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I personally loved it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How was the Economics talk? I'm going tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know of any upcoming public lectures?

ReputationRep:
    It was really good but I think the only thing specifically to economics was that econometrics is compulsory in the first and second year. In the talk he made a big deal out of this because apparently a lot of people hate stats so he said if you don't like it then it would be best to go somewhere where it's not compulsory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Other than the econometrics, was there anything worthy of a mention about the maths part of the course? The more the better.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here visit the Said Business School today? (Oxford E & M)

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here visit the Said Business School today? (Oxford E & M)
    Yea, did you go to the 1130 talk? The talk was really engaging IMO but I realised how competitive the course is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Yea, did you go to the 1130 talk? The talk was really engaging IMO but I realised how competitive the course is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep that's the one, whereabouts were you?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what I should do if I accidentally deleted the email confirming me booking a place at LSE open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplemind)
    Do you know what I should do if I accidentally deleted the email confirming me booking a place at LSE open days?
    Go to trash...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.