Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Really lost faith in doctor who last season, but I've came back to watch it, I think this companion is better and I think I'm finally adjusting myself to like Matt Smith as the doctor (though nobody can beat tennant personally) hes still doing a great job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    I thought she remembered him in the Christmas episode, just before she died? I thought she said 'I remember', but maybe I'm mistaken. Does anyone have any theories on Clara?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    They are not even related as they have different but similar names, so it's as if the same person is created again and again, like reincarnation or cloning.
    Also, if you've seen the prequel, The Doctor meets young Clara in a playground but doesn't know it's her. It's as if the universe (or someone) is willing them together, like with the Doctor and Donna. Maybe someone/thing keeps creating her with the same genetics, personality etc, as part of some greater plan, it could even be the GI.

Did anyone else notice that Clara sounded a lot like Amy, when they were in the plane and she was screaming. Could be nothing but my mum noticed it too and along with the book thing... Hmm

Finally, with the people's minds being uploaded to a data cloud, did this remind anyone of the library, and River being uploaded to the computer? Foreshadowing perhaps? Will we be going back to the library or will the doctor just realise he is seeing her for the last time, and give her the screwdriver? If those people's minds could be downloaded again, could River?

Ok I'm done speculating now
    Ooh, the library comparison is a good point. Imma go watch those episodes now :P

Spoiler:
    Show
    On another note, did anyone catch the similarity between Miss Kizlet (?) and the Controller from the end of Season 1?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I saw this and did a little happy dance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Only very good things can come from this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Spoiler:
    Show

No it wouldn't - the prophecy is the fall of the 11th will be when he answers the first question (Doctor Who?). It wouldn't be the end of the show, it'd be the end of matt smiths spell as the doctor
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Doctor is supposed to answer the question and reveal who he is at the end of this series from what I have heard but Matt Smith is staying for the next series:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad we're finally rid of Amy and Rory. Now Doctor Who can get back to its best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colonel.)
    [center]the old thread of yore has regenerated into the new thread of now!!!
    i love this

ReputationRep:
    50th Anniversary Spoiler:

ReputationRep:
    Opinions welcome: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2307629

ReputationRep:
    The new companion seems possibly like a better character but Karen Gillian was the only ginger person I have ever been attracted to.And I'm very rarely even attracted to women.
    my mind will enjoy it more but my eyes will be saddened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timmy-scott)
    Help... what do I do?
    You are about to be uploaded!! Good luck - be brave!

Did anyone really understand the plot? I mean, I get that everyone was being uploaded for a mind-eating being, but why the control centre and all the fancy brain control tablets and why the odd walking half-brain half-computer people and why oh why was it all based on wifi? Anyway.

I quite liked the idea of Richard E Grant being in an ongoing role for a while, anyone else suspect he is in fact The Master returning??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The Doctor is supposed to answer the question and reveal who he is at the end of this series from what I have heard but Matt Smith is staying for the next series:confused:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've heard that it's Matt Smith's last episode on the Christmas special this year... think someone said they read it on BBC or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sherlockedd)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've heard that it's Matt Smith's last episode on the Christmas special this year... think someone said they read it on BBC or something?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yea I heard Matt smith is leaving. I really liked him an all

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No ones posted this yet?

http://tennantnews.blogspot.co.uk/20...octor-who.html

Today saw the first day of filming for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special and the first fan photo has reached the internet.

Witnesses reported that David Tennant, Matt Smith and Billie Piper were all on set today on location in Neath. Other witness reports and pictures also revealed the presence of the Tenth Doctor's TARDIS and a medieval style tent.

The picture below, though distant, shows David Tennant standing to the right of the group with Billie Piper beside him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by holmes221)
    ]

It has, but we're trying to keep all 50th anniversary stuff in Spoilers... even if is spread all over the bbc website
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by strawberyy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yea I heard Matt smith is leaving. I really liked him an all

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Thank you for not putting that in a spoiler and spoiling it for me...really appreciated.

(Original post by holmes221)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoilers stay in spoilers. Some people deliberately avoid websites like the BBC so as to not get spoiled, we at TSR put ANYTHING about future episodes in spoilers. Speculation is fine, spoilers are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Thank you for not putting that in a spoiler and spoiling it for me...really appreciated.
    I don't think that which was not in a spoiler is actually true...
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by fluteflute)
    I don't think that which was not in a spoiler is actually true...
    No idea, but I'm not about to search the web to find out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)

Spoilers stay in spoilers. Some people deliberately avoid websites like the BBC so as to not get spoiled, we at TSR put ANYTHING about future episodes in spoilers. Speculation is fine, spoilers are not.
    I dunno it was a picture on facebook so I assumed it was unavoidable anyway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.