The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy A2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by Ronak134
im doing mind too.. I really hate dualism though, i'd have no idea what to write! what arguments can you put for substance dualism? i can't find many..

have an important maths exam tommorrow and i feel like ive neglected philosophy too much now :/

I always find that if you can't support an argument with enough evidence, then don't. So even if you agree with substance dualism, construct your argument and conclusion as if you don't because you'll be awarded more marks for evaluation that way.

I have maths, physics AND philosophy tomorrow, so i'm in the same boat as you... good luck anyway!
Original post by CrazyGal95
Can someone explain to me what an infinite regress is, it relates to the cosmological argument for philosophy of religion..I'm slowly giving up on passing this exam..

This video is really useful and talks about the problems with infinite regress, and the cosmological argument in general :smile:
Original post by Aynesie
I always find that if you can't support an argument with enough evidence, then don't. So even if you agree with substance dualism, construct your argument and conclusion as if you don't because you'll be awarded more marks for evaluation that way.

I have maths, physics AND philosophy tomorrow, so i'm in the same boat as you... good luck anyway!

but don't they like it if you can give some reasons for the view you're against as well so that you're argument is balanced?

ooh good luck.. FP2? :s
Original post by Lingo-Flamingo
This video is really useful and talks about the problems with infinite regress, and the cosmological argument in general :smile:

Thank you that video was really helpful! :smile:
Original post by CrazyGal95
Thank you that video was really helpful! :smile:

I'm glad! Good luck for tomorrow! :biggrin:
does anyone know if the overall mark for A2 is split 50/50 between unit 3 and unit 4?
Reply 226
Nope unit 3 is 30% and 4 is 20%

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure, I wouldn't think so because unit 3 is 100 marks and unit 4 is 60
Hey guys, would anyone be kind enough to PMAIL me their Phil of Religion notes? And I don't know which other section to do with PHIL3. I am doing Hume for PHIL4 so I would prefer one that compliments him. Would this be Metaphysics/Epistemology or Philosophy of Mind or something else?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 229
Good luck everyone tomorrow!
Reply 230
I just hope that some sort of Moral decision-making question comes up, and something related to dualism. Otherwise, I am not looking forward to this exam one bit!
Unit 3 ****s on my existence as a being.
Reply 232
for those who do moral lets all pray for an easypeasy moral decisions q!! good luck everyone :biggrin:
Reply 233
Good luck for the exam everybody, will report back in afterwards. :smile:
Original post by Lingo-Flamingo

That video was so helpful! Thank you!

Oh gosh I'm so scared for this exam!!
Good luck everyone, let's just pray to god the questions are nice this year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bobbieare
Good luck everyone, let's just pray to god the questions are nice this year

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hear hear!!

Good luck everybody! I'm crossing my fingers for you all. :biggrin:
Reply 237
That last minute revision! :biggrin:
Original post by cmargerison
That video was so helpful! Thank you!

Oh gosh I'm so scared for this exam!!

That's okay! I thought it was pretty good at explaining the Kalam version in a concise way! :biggrin:

I'm scared too! It's so dependent on the questions that come up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 239
Not the best it could have been, did the human nature question for political and the moral truth question for morality, I think morality went great but I think the political one could have gone better - not a ridiculous amount of evaluation for the ideologies really in contrast with things like rights and justice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending