Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_lou)
    Ahh I'm sure it'll be different this time! Unfortunately I did and it was a disaster which became average :L haha that was like me in French. It was good but the hills- lazy student remember and I also felt that the atmosphere was a little too snobby for me haha
    Everybody struggles with speaking exams, it must be their idea of punishment for being part of the 'everybody gets A*s generation' haha.

Snobby universities are the worst. I went for a look around Leeds with my mate and everyone there was so aloof and unwelcoming :/ Plus, it's in the centre of Leeds yet I never met a Yorkshire student there, it's like they were denying locals hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FabiusMaximus)
    Everyone seems to be doing something else :s

I'm kinda.....okay....I think....yeah. I know the history quite well but i don't think I know Plutarch/Arrian enough :/ How about you?
    Same really, I definitely need to swot up on which historian says what
    It's frustrating, because although I've always done well doing past papers in class (so I must know at least SOME of it), Alexander managed to cram so much into his life that it just seems impossible to remember all of it D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoMash)
    Same really, I definitely need to swot up on which historian says what
    It's frustrating, because although I've always done well doing past papers in class (so I must know at least SOME of it), Alexander managed to cram so much into his life that it just seems impossible to remember all of it D:
    Yeah and it's even harder to learn when the main sources are really hard to read after about 10 minutes :rolleyes:

Maybe I should just watch the Alexander film with Colin Farrel hahah, f*** classical writers, Hollywood will do the job

What grade do you want for Classics?

ReputationRep:
    Everybody struggles with speaking exams, it must be their idea of punishment for being part of the 'everybody gets A*s generation' haha.

Snobby universities are the worst. I went for a look around Leeds with my mate and everyone there was so aloof and unwelcoming :/ Plus, it's in the centre of Leeds yet I never met a Yorkshire student there, it's like they were denying locals hahaha
    Yep we are suffering for it! Haha that's soo weird, mind you I don't think Exeter had many Exeter-people at the uni, yes was exactly the same at Exeter! Was shocked as it seemed so lovely at first and had only heard good things :/ yorkshiremen denied from Yorkshire, where else will you go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep we are suffering for it! Haha that's soo weird, mind you I don't think Exeter had many Exeter-people at the uni, yes was exactly the same at Exeter! Was shocked as it seemed so lovely at first and had only heard good things :/ yorkshiremen denied from Yorkshire, where else will you go?
    Aye, well I guess it's good to visit it and realise it's not what you want then just turn up there in September and hate it

Well we can't go to Lancashire! :L

I've visited Lancaster (where my mate goes), York, Queen Mary, Westminster, Greenwich, Newcastle, Northumbria & Staffordshire and a UClan campus because that's where my sixth form is based

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and it's even harder to learn when the main sources are really hard to read after about 10 minutes :rolleyes:

Maybe I should just watch the Alexander film with Colin Farrel hahah, f*** classical writers, Hollywood will do the job

What grade do you want for Classics?
    I feel you D:
    Plutarch is just about bearable, but I want to murder Arrian!
    Hahah
    I'm aiming for an A, but I'd really love to get an A*. Not sure how possible that is though, as I always seem to fall down with Tragedy :/
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeoMash)
    I feel you D:
    Plutarch is just about bearable, but I want to murder Arrian!
    Hahah
    I'm aiming for an A, but I'd really love to get an A*. Not sure how possible that is though, as I always seem to fall down with Tragedy :/
    You?
    Yeah Plutarch doesn't mess about, he just gets to the point. Arrian spends ages talking about nothing in particular then rushing through the important parts :/

I'm just looking for a C/B although an A would be a nice surprise Good luck going for the A*!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

For the guys doing the Tiberius and Claudius paper on Friday (AQA) - I was thinking of just focusing on Claudius and his life and only sort of revising roughly over Tiberius?

What do you guys think and how are you approaching revising for this exam? Struggling at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Plutarch doesn't mess about, he just gets to the point. Arrian spends ages talking about nothing in particular then rushing through the important parts :/

I'm just looking for a C/B although an A would be a nice surprise Good luck going for the A*!
    Ughh, yeah. I remember when I wrote notes on Arrian- I have never gotten so angry at a book as I did trying to pick out the useful bits out of his account of Tyre >

Thank you, and you too!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha Tyre is what everybody in my class complains about!

Cheers. It will feel so good to never look at Arrian again come friday evening XD

ReputationRep:
    Haha don't worry I know how you feel- it's all a blur! Well I hated both but chose Antigone as I liked the 20 marker better. They were ok, could have been worse. I did the same 40 marker as you I thought it was good- god knows why anyone would choose the first one! So was I, the Chorus are difficult to write a lot about. The Aeneid far easier than Greek Tragedy but more boring haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did the first question, it was really interesting but I found my writing a highly contextual essay with infrequent references to the text due to the nature of the question. I too have the Aeneid Friday and think it is actually a more difficult exam - the questions tend to be more straightforward but the past papers seem to have required more specific knowledge than Tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJRO)
    I did the first question, it was really interesting but I found my writing a highly contextual essay with infrequent references to the text due to the nature of the question. I too have the Aeneid Friday and think it is actually a more difficult exam - the questions tend to be more straightforward but the past papers seem to have required more specific knowledge than Tragedy.
    I imagine it was interesting, I just didn't have the first clue how to answer it. Ahh good luck! I don't know why but it seems to just click more. Got any predictions as to what will come up? Just praying there's some good 40 markers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingFalcon)
    Hi guys!

For the guys doing the Tiberius and Claudius paper on Friday (AQA) - I was thinking of just focusing on Claudius and his life and only sort of revising roughly over Tiberius?

What do you guys think and how are you approaching revising for this exam? Struggling at the moment
    I've not properly started revision yet for Tiberius&Claudius (bit late, I know) but I'm going to roughly revise it all but not in loads of detail and hope it goes well tomorrow haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep just going through it all now

Just hoping for some really nice questions to come up

Good luck for tomorrow!

(Original post by Jeanie_Olivia)
    I've not properly started revision yet for Tiberius&Claudius (bit late, I know) but I'm going to roughly revise it all but not in loads of detail and hope it goes well tomorrow haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    okay i have just gone through past papers and for the Aenied books 1, 6, 11, 12 have not come up does anyone know what came in 2009??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aamna01)
    okay i have just gone the past papers and for the Aenied books 1, 6. 11, 12 have not come up does anyone know what came in 2009??
    There wasn't a paper in '09 as that was the year of the first new spec AS paper, how did you find Greek Tragedy the other day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't a paper in '09 as that was the year of the first new spec AS paper, how did you find Greek Tragedy the other day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ohh okay thankyou.. i really don't have the energy to revise for this exam tomorrow.. iv had 3 already this week :/... i found the tragedy okay... i was glad that the 30 marker wasn't too difficult.. i answered the first section and the second synoptic essay wbu??

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Greek conflicts: Greece vs Persia???

How's revision going? Any predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone do the Mycenae paper yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aamna01)
    ohh okay thankyou.. i really don't have the energy to revise for this exam tomorrow.. iv had 3 already this week :/... i found the tragedy okay... i was glad that the 30 marker wasn't too difficult.. i answered the first section and the second synoptic essay wbu??
    Ahh I know how you feel, in addition to the Aeneid I have a 2hr 30 German exam in the morning :/ me too, yeah I did Antigone and the second question as well. Just hoping the Aeneid questions are good

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.